Best HC since JJ and we don't appreciate him

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
MM is the best HC we've had since JJ and that's including Parcels that was just collecting a paycheck......I don't get the hate! All coaches make bad calls from time to time. But he has our team ready to play every week. I appreciate MM and think he is doing a great job.
People that don't like McCarthy are either Garrett fans or didn't want McCarthy hired to begin with...I think he was a good hire and a good coach, but I do question some of the in game decisions late in games with regards to clock management and questionable reviews of plays..

Easyout66

Reaction score
MM is the best HC we've had since JJ and that's including Parcels that was just collecting a paycheck......I don't get the hate! All coaches make bad calls from time to time. But he has our team ready to play every week. I appreciate MM and think he is doing a great job.

Accountability and toughness he's brought has been missing since JJ

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
He's certainly been instrumental in turning this franchise around. Some are saying he's even worse than Garrett. Shows how stupid some Cowboys fans really are.
Exactly! I bet they don't even realize that MM was the one who got Jerry to sign Quinn. With at least two picks in 10 consecutive games for the first time since 1976-77. Quinn & Co. are getting it done. And that my friend is what "non-haters" see.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Every coach since Johnson was fired, including McCarthy, is a bum.

Parcells only wanted that paycheck from Jerry as Ranching said.
Based on your brief history here, I don't take any of your takes with a grain of salt. You've earned that much.

Proof

Reaction score
He has built a close knit locker room, one of my former teammates is a scout for the Cowboys and he feels that he has built a great environment....

that's good to hear. you can surely admit that he's had a handful of truly headscratching moments on the field though, right?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Hallelujah!

Moore and Quinn do what MM wants. Now he gives them the rope they need but his input, direction, the game plans, game adjustments, preparation and management is all his final say. Not the other way around.

Make no bones about it. We’re aggressive in all 3 phases of this team and that’s MM’s philosophy. Present and historically.

Jarntt

Reaction score
You have to realize most of these people don't know the role of a head coach. They just think they stand on the sideline and try to find the clock. They don't realize he has to create the practice schedule, the drills, the training, meetings, etc. You will never convince these people because they go by talking points. Everyone repeats what they heard on tv or someone else.
OK, I'll give you McCarthy is the greatest practice schedule creator in history (as if he is the only one involved in that anyway) and you give me he has no friggin clue how time management works with regards to TOs or when to go for it on 4th down. Deal? The best thing McCArthy does is delegate to his coordinators and stay out of their way. The second best thing he does is speak to his players and I do believe he is a pretty motivator and that his players respond to him and that is very important as a HC. To pretend this guy is a really good coach is just ridiculous though. Better than Parcells? Please. Parcells turned this culture around and pointed an untalented team in the right direction. If only JJ would have stayed out of his way we would have seen results. McCarthy has an incredibly talented team to work with. He got a bye last year because of COVID, but it was a cluster**** even with the injuries. His hand picked coaches were the ones we had to revamp this year.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He has built a close knit locker room, one of my former teammates is a scout for the Cowboys and he feels that he has built a great environment....
Hard to overstate the value of a close-knit, cohesive locker room. It has been quite a well since I felt the Cowboys played as a team vs a collection of individuals. And, let's not get started on the whole "hot boyz" thing.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Exactly! Some cowboys fans just have to look for something negative, all the time, it's exhausting. He is establishing a positive and winning culture. That's all I care about.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that's good to hear. you can surely admit that he's had a handful of truly headscratching moments on the field though, right?
I agree with that, we all do from time to time..... luckily it hasn't caused us a game. I wonder if he had those issues in GB....

jujoboys

Reaction score

When things are going good you have to have someone to hate or criticize. Now that Jaylon is gone it is MM. I think MM needs to clean up some of his time management issues and maybe not be so aggressive on 4th downs where we are on our own 35. However, I like the fact that he lets Moore and Quinn run their respective units and seems to have put together a pretty dang good coaching staff. Two things I wish he would mandate. 1) No kick returns from the end zone. We rarely get it past the 25 when we run it out and sometimes end up with a penalty that backs us up deep in our own territory. Just let Dak and our offense do their thing starting at the 25. We don't need special teams adding yards to the drive. We don't have a Cordarelle Patterson back there returning kicks. 2) Eliminate the QB sneak. Especially at the goal line. We have 2 RBs that are capable of pounding it in. We don't need to risk the health of our QB and it is not like we are getting the calls when we do run the sneak.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Stopped reading after saying he’s better than Parcells and that Parcells was just collecting a paycheck.

Skip Bayless wouldn’t even make a statement that absurd.
Parcells didn't have the drive when he came to the Cowboys. I was at every padded practice in San Antonio training camps and he just kinda walked around playing mind games with players. He even said when he quit that he didn't have the drive anymore.

Proof

Reaction score
I agree with that, we all do from time to time..... luckily it hasn't caused us a game. I wonder if he had those issues in GB....

i wasn't overly enthused or disappointed in the hire. well i take that back, i liked what he sold jerry, but then he immediately came clean that he was lying lol. last year was a wash and this year has been really fun. so i'm still kind of in the same boat. I don't know what to think of him, good or bad. But the culture aspect is extremely important, so i'm all for it and all aboard