Video: Best linebacking group in the NFL?

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The key to the corps is Lee, the brains of the outfit. If he can stay healthy, this can be the top LB corps in the game other than the best duo.

The best thing that happened for the LB corps was adding Quinn and Hill and keeping the OL off the LB's. And while Lee has lost a step over time, he hasn't lost what really gives him that edge, he sniffs out a play as good as any LB in the game today or any that we've ever had.

If health holds, this could be a very special front 7 and dictate the play calling of the opposing OC's, instead of the other way around.
I wish I could give you multiple likes for this post. Something many seemed to forget while talking about the best duo is LEE. Definitely the best 4-3 LB's in the league, all three together.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think this LB core will be the heart and soul of this defense. LVE should be stronger with a full off season and a year of experience under his belt and I think Jaylon becomes a bigger impact player with health issue behind him. Lee I think can still have a positive impact on this defense.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I think this LB core will be the heart and soul of this defense. LVE should be stronger with a full off season and a year of experience under his belt and I think Jaylon becomes a bigger impact player with health issue behind him. Lee I think can still have a positive impact on this defense.
Personally I think being "stronger" is a little over rated. I don't recall Jack Lambert ever being really strong. He was very small 6'3½" and 204 pounds as a rookie. But he was super aggressive and mean. Meanness is UNDER RATED. I think LVE is already big enough, and strong enough but he seems to lack meanness and toughness. I am not sure you ever acquire that regardless of how many off seasons you go through. LVE is great but if he had Lamberts demeanor, he would be special.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Personally I think being "stronger" is a little over rated. I don't recall Jack Lambert ever being really strong. He was very small 6'3½" and 204 pounds as a rookie. But he was super aggressive and mean. Meanness is UNDER RATED. I think LVE is already big enough, and strong enough but he seems to lack meanness and toughness. I am not sure you ever acquire that regardless of how many off seasons you go through. LVE is great but if he had Lamberts demeanor, he would be special.

Lambert was great but OL was not as big as today. Back then if a OL was 300 pounds that was big, now it is normal. LVE given his frame can easily add more upper body and I fully expect to see him with a full off season in an NFL program do just that.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Lambert was great but OL was not as big as today. Back then if a OL was 300 pounds that was big, now it is normal. LVE given his frame can easily add more upper body and I fully expect to see him with a full off season in an NFL program do just that.
Oh sure. LVE will certainly get stronger and bigger. If he could get meaner than he would be even better.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Oh sure. LVE will certainly get stronger and bigger. If he could get meaner than he would be even better.

It was not a knock on him at all but most rookies need an off season to add strength. I think he will only get better as he mentally and physically matures. I think the sky is the limit on LVE

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I think so. Love both of these guys but Jaylon is just an inspiration for all of us. Never ever give up like 80% of the fans did here after 3-5 last year.

They are up there as 4-3 LBers. But that group in Denver is a solid set of LBers (they run a 3/4 D).

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The linebackers and ends are elite. The corners are good. Safeties and tackles concern me a bit. In my opinion, they’re the only positions on the team potentially below league median.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Smith and LVE are the best starting LB duo. I cannot think of another pair of starting LBs that can everything they can as fast as they do it.

Kaiser

Reaction score
While a Cadet, I once dated the owner's daughter for the Coor's Distillery in Golden, Co. Their 'visitor's' center was quite a treat...back when 3.2 was available at 18.

I was hungover for every day of Jump School. My Fort Benning streak of 100% can never be broken, only tied.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’m also not writing lee off like a lot of people are. I think it a luxury of riches to have him here too.

Unless the injuries have just taken it all out of him, I expect him to shine in a more limited role. Having those three makes me want to give a few more snaps to the linebackers and take a few from the extra DBs, particularly the safety.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In Texas beer's, even Pearl and Jax had a place...I still like Lone Star. Shriner is a good buzz...

I think it had to pre mid-eighties for it to be an original Pearl.

I thought Jax was made in Florida.

I've seen a old sign for Jax in an establishment that I frequented but the beer itself was long before my time.