News: Best News JJT ever Posted

Kilyin

Reaction score
PASlYUo.jpg

Considering the source, just hoping it's true and carries over into the regular season.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Why not break the huddle with 5-10 seconds to spare like last year lol..... This could be one of those lil things that makes a big big difference

tommydo08

Reaction score
That's exciting! I hope it translates to the season and will mean a very up-tempo offense.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
That was too often an issue for the Cowboys last season, when Romo had to rush to avoid a delay-of-game penalty on a somewhat regular basis. The Cowboys believe the wristbands will “expedite that process,” head coach Jason Garrett said.

“Rather than calling a full play to somebody and another guy calling the play and the quarterback finally calls it in the huddle, when you use a wristband, that speeds up the process,” Garrett said. “I’ve used them in my career as a quarterback. I’m comfortable with that. Wade Wilson has as well, and certainly our quarterbacks have used them at different times.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Well, speeding up the tempo should help some. Players still need to execute the plays without the physical/mental lapses and penalties, or the offense will still struggle.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I dunno.

I'm not sure what the team will do without the advantage of snapping the ball at the last second. That was an advantage, wasn't it?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I dunno.

I'm not sure what the team will do without the advantage of snapping the ball at the last second. That was an advantage, wasn't it?

Yes it was. Tony could read the defense and they would have no time to adjust at the last second. Sure, it allowed the defense to basically know our snap count and play in the backfield... but it was totally worth it. It does put your offensive line at a disadvantage, but luckily for us, the OL is a team strength.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Why has taken so long for this to happen?

I really think the reason for it this year is because of the terminology of the play calls. Instead of long drown out plays like x4-right-dig-under-27-zig out-zoom, it will probably be "throw the freaking ball to Witten"!

:D

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really think the reason for it this year is because of the terminology of the play calls. Instead of long drown out plays like x4-right-dig-under-27-zig out-zoom, it will probably be "throw the freaking ball to Witten"!

:D

LOL!

That's it exactly.

We've read a couple articles in the offseason on the change in terminology... no wonder it took so long in the huddle. My gosh it takes 14 seconds for one person to say the play.

The other problem I can see is when you use terminology that complicated, i.e. so many words, it only takes one Ogle... er... one doofus to not get one of those words and botch the play.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
doesn't mean we snap it earlier....

Or, it could mean that they do snap it earlier. The faster you can get the snap off, the more plays you might get in a game.

I read that the Pats have something like 5 or 6 more possessions a game on average than most other teams. More possessions mean more opportunities.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
This was definitely a problem last year. I loved when we were operating in a no huddle offense. If we can speed it up, it's keeps the defense guessing. LOVE IT!!!!