News: Best News JJT ever Posted

Nation

Reaction score
More gimmicks instead of addressing real issues. There were plenty of games (Giants week 1 touchdowns) where the ball was snapped with no time left and the end result was success. If you can't run the ball with 2 seconds on the playclock you can't run it with 20 seconds either.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
LOL!

That's it exactly.

We've read a couple articles in the offseason on the change in terminology... no wonder it took so long in the huddle. My gosh it takes 14 seconds for one person to say the play.

The other problem I can see is when you use terminology that complicated, i.e. so many words, it only takes one Ogle... er... one doofus to not get one of those words and botch the play.

This is another change that we are seeing from the Cowboys this season. It might not look like a big change, but it could be an effective change. Everyone is talking about the players, but I like this Coaching staff also. Change can sometimes be a good thing. I bet there are going to be a lot of minor and major changes coming from this team this season.

Kilyin

Reaction score
More gimmicks instead of addressing real issues. There were plenty of games (Giants week 1 touchdowns) where the ball was snapped with no time left and the end result was success. If you can't run the ball with 2 seconds on the playclock you can't run it with 20 seconds either.

Running an up tempo offense isn't a "gimmick". It allows you to run more plays per possession and gives the defense less time to react to whatever offensive personnel you put on the field. Just because we had a modicum of success snapping the ball with 0.5 seconds left on the clock doesn't mean it was the smart thing to do... otherwise you'd see the rest of the NFL trying to copy the Cowboys, and when's the last time that happened? (hint: early 90s)

pancakeman

Reaction score
I read that the Pats have something like 5 or 6 more possessions a game on average than most other teams. More possessions mean more opportunities.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't up the number of possessions your team has without also giving more possessions to the opposing team, right?