Best roster excluding QB?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Edge rushers definitely lead to on the field success, but you won’t win a championship if you’re having QB issues. It still comes down to the QB but the only way you can contain them is with a pass rush. Von Miller won a title with Demarcus Ware and Peyton Manning as the QB. Miller and DWare made life miserable for Cam Newton in the Super Bowl. If you go through the history of the draft, there’s been a bunch of DE’s drafted number one overall. The number is far bigger than with DT’s. The Cowboys actually drafted a DT number one overall Russell, Maryland, but it was the addition of Charles Haley rushing the QB that put us over the top.

There’s been some LB’s go number one overall who were basically edge rushers. The only way to defend QB’s is with a strong pass rush. Miles Garrett, TJ Watt and Max Crosby have struggled to win a championship because their teams have had QB issues. Parsons has yet to even have a good game in the playoffs. He’s been a complete no-show in four playoff games. He has only one sack and only four QB hits. Our defense has been awful in the playoffs. We didn’t have a single sack against Green Bay.
Again, zero debate from me how much Teams love edge rushers.
But we have also heard strong whispers about how poorly sacks rate in analytics/EPA compared to other stats like INT or 3rd down stuffs.

Miller won it with a complete team. Denver was stacked EVERYWHERE. They went all in and have been paying the price ever since tbh.

Bill Parcells coached the great Edge in the history of the game in LT.
And he said he was start his team at DT. Because only so many humans are that big thus they are much more rare and harder to find.
In many ways you can link the SEC dominance to just having better DT than anyone else by a large margin.
The few exceptions: Clemson/FSU/UT (this year) have also been to the CFP.
And it simply follows logically that dominating on an edge leaves you whole half of the field to play with but dominating up the middle crushes an offense to just flats, swings and quick seams.

Does Micah have MIA playoff games because he sucks or because it is easily possible to scheme him out of making major impacts?

This may well be a question Dallas needs to answer for themselves before making him the highest paid defender in the history of the game.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Kinda off subject but the decline of Martin is really huge. Any word if was he dealing with any injury, mentally because of the contract stuff or just age. For a guard he’s not that old to have such a sudden decline to me
It isn't sudden. He's been in decline for several years thus my frustration with those who continue to champion him as the player he once was rather than the player he is.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Does Micah have MIA playoff games because he sucks or because it is easily possible to scheme him out of making major impacts?
He’s obviously a great player but by the time we reach the playoffs he’s worn down from all the attention he gets. He has to take on a lot of double teams and his production and big plays decrease later in the season. Teams are able to scheme him out because no one else around him steps up. We’re too small up front and at LB. We’re not getting great DT play and Mazi has been a liability. It’s a lot easier to neutralize Parsons when there’s no one else to worry about. This is why our defense gets dominated in the playoffs.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Chiefs have an elite QB, head coach, TE, O-line and defense. Why do people act like they have nothing?
Because with out the ultra elite QB, rosters like SF limit their best weapons & the other players can't beat them. Which in turn wears down the Chiefs D.

It really boils down to that. Mahomes is so good he can help his weakest players make plays.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Niners have the better roster than the cowboys.

If the cowboys had Mahomes. They would have won 2-3 Super Bowl by now with him.
You guys really don’t get the Joneses stench. If the Cowboys had Mahomes, he would be the only player the Cowboys would pay. I can hear Moe, Larry, and Curly now with excuses.

kskboys

Reaction score
You guys really don’t get the Joneses stench. If the Cowboys had Mahomes, he would be the only player the Cowboys would pay. I can hear Moe, Larry, and Curly now with excuses.
More like, our D would still blow chunks.

kskboys

Reaction score
You :hammer: The Chiefs had the best defense in football last season.
2nd to the Browns but your point is still valid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While other teams were paying a ton for WR's, KC was letting them walk and building their D.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Mean like getting rid of a bunch of really good players off offense that Kansas City did they got a seventh round running back leading the way bunch of young players running back by committee wide receiver by committee the last two years you mean that same exact blueprint if you have mahomes and they tried not to pay Chris Jones he held out they played a Mexican standoff and they end up adjusting his pay and getting him on the roster but they didn't pay him what he wanted they have got rid of a lot of really good players the last three seasons and they replaced them with not really the same names the same quality but yet the system the play calling in the exceptional coaching staff that they have are able to adjust...

So let's stop acting like Kansas City didn't already do the same thing and the more they paid him the more they had to reach for draft players or players that made less money with all the big names you showed me the last three seasons all the really big first week first day big name free agents they sign and then tell me all the players they let go and tell me Kansas City hasn't taken great players off this roster and still succeeded...​

So again, the Jones bashing is unnecessary,

lots of teams have let players go like devante Adams let go because of Aaron Rodgers contract and they let other players go look that's just how it goes that is the end of the NFL the more you have to pay your quarterback they're gonna take some positions and hope it works out with second tier free agents and guys out of the draft...

baltcowboy

Reaction score
2nd to the Browns but your point is still valid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While other teams were paying a ton for WR's, KC was letting them walk and building their D.
I am talking about playoffs. Your point is valid though. The Browns defense looked like us in the playoff game against Houston.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
What if the Cowboys and Niners were able to clone Mahomes?

Which one would be the best team?

Bonus questions:
You can pick a player at each position from any of these 3 rosters:
Cowboys
KC
Niners

It must be #1 vs #1 and #2 vs #2.
- You can't take both Parsons and Bosa.
- If you take Chris Jones you can't have Javon Hargrave.
- The team wil play a "4-3" (4-2-5) defense.

My Answer:
KC: Mahomes, Kelce, maybe Chris Jones.

Cowboys: Tyler Smith

Niners: All other positions.

Reasons:
Bosa mentally better than Parsons.
CeeDee has a loser's mentality.
Zack Martin too old. Huge decline in 2023.

Considered DLaw at #2 DE vs KC's or SF's #2 DE but stench of HotBoyz still too strong...

Is Bland better than the other team's #2 CB?
CeeDee has a loser's mentality. Bosa Mentally better than parson's. This is based on what? ;) Sounds like hater mentality to me. Or how is it any different from someone believing that a QB isn't mentally tough enough under pressure and the big game?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
What if the Cowboys and Niners were able to clone Mahomes?

Which one would be the best team?

Bonus questions:
You can pick a player at each position from any of these 3 rosters:
Cowboys
KC
Niners

It must be #1 vs #1 and #2 vs #2.
- You can't take both Parsons and Bosa.
- If you take Chris Jones you can't have Javon Hargrave.
- The team wil play a "4-3" (4-2-5) defense.

My Answer:
KC: Mahomes, Kelce, maybe Chris Jones.

Cowboys: Tyler Smith

Niners: All other positions.

Reasons:
Bosa mentally better than Parsons.
CeeDee has a loser's mentality.
Zack Martin too old. Huge decline in 2023.

Considered DLaw at #2 DE vs KC's or SF's #2 DE but stench of HotBoyz still too strong...

Is Bland better than the other team's #2 CB?
Best roster without QB: dallas
Worst roster with QB included: dallas

1942willys

Reaction score
Edge rushers definitely lead to on the field success, but you won’t win a championship if you’re having QB issues. It still comes down to the QB but the only way you can contain them is with a pass rush. Von Miller won a title with Demarcus Ware and Peyton Manning as the QB. Miller and DWare made life miserable for Cam Newton in the Super Bowl. If you go through the history of the draft, there’s been a bunch of DE’s drafted number one overall. The number is far bigger than with DT’s. The Cowboys actually drafted a DT number one overall Russell, Maryland, but it was the addition of Charles Haley rushing the QB that put us over the top.

There’s been some LB’s go number one overall who were basically edge rushers. The only way to defend QB’s is with a strong pass rush. Miles Garrett, TJ Watt and Max Crosby have struggled to win a championship because their teams have had QB issues. Parsons has yet to even have a good game in the playoffs. He’s been a complete no-show in four playoff games. He has only one sack and only four QB hits. Our defense has been awful in the playoffs. We didn’t have a single sack against Green Bay.
Having watched that sb the broncos won, I can confidently say they won it DESPITE Manning not because of him; his arm was dead and he could do nothing much at all that game

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Having watched that sb the broncos won, I can confidently say they won it DESPITE Manning not because of him; his arm was dead and he could do nothing much at all that game
Their defense won the game.