Best Way for the NFC Games to Go For Us on Sunday? *Merge*

coblue

Reaction score
So whats the best results we should look for around the NFC?

Who needs to win?

Who needs to lose?

Phoward12

Reaction score
From your point of view, you want us to lose to Seattle, Philly to lose to Baltimore, Tampa Bay to lose to Detroit, and Atlanta to lose to Carolina. From mine, everything stays the same, except the Skins win and you guys lose to San Francisco.

I don't think either of our teams can realistically expect to catch the Giants at this point, so best that we root against each other (like always) and against the teams in the NFC South that are competing with us for the wild card spots. And to hell with Philly at all times.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Whether we catch the Giants or not, we need them to lose some games at some point just to shake their confidence a little before the playoffs begin. They're rolling like a freight train with a full head of steam....

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Phoward12;2433388 said:
And to hell with Philly at all times.

this is the first time ive ever agreed with a Skin fan........

now where was I ? oh yeah
:dissskin:

Phoward12

Reaction score
dadymat;2433410 said:
this is the first time ive ever agreed with a Skin fan........

now where was I ? oh yeah
:dissskin:

I'm sure it won't happen very often. Unfortunately, whatever that picture is that you've posted is blocked by my work, so it's just a red X; I'm sure it's anti-Skin though. We're 1-1 this year, and I'm almost hoping that both teams make the playoffs so we can have a rubber match.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
A Cowboy win, Tampa loss, Skins loss (one of those freak games) and a Giants loss. Sorry guys I'm not giving the division to the Giants just yet. :laugh2:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
coblue;2433375 said:
So whats the best results we should look for around the NFC?

Who needs to win?

Who needs to lose?

Ok, let's start by assuming we're out of the running for the division title.

Let's further assume that the Giants are the best team out there and we want to face them as late in the playoffs as possible (to give them more chances to be knocked off before we get to them). So our best chance is for the Giants to be the 2-seed or worse (since we'll be the 5- or 6-seed and will likely play the 1-seed in the second round of the playoffs).

If we accept that, then here's what we want:

ARI: win out
CAR: win out
NYG: beat PHI and WAS, lose all others (with the possible exception of MIN in week 17, if we're competing with MIN for a WC spot). Notice that this still lets us root for a division title.
PHI: lose out (jury's still out on PHI-WAS game)
WAS: lose out (jury's still out on PHI-WAS game)
TB: lose out
ATL: lose to everyone but TB
SF: beat everyone but DAL
SEA: beat everyone but DAL

I'm not sure about the NFCN teams, except they should beat each other up and lose to DET

So this week, we root for:
BAL over PHI
DET over TB
JAC over MIN
STL over CHI
CAR over ATL
ARI over NYG
SEA over WAS
NO-GB tie, I suppose

coblue

Reaction score
jimnabby;2433425 said:
Ok, let's start by assuming we're out of the running for the division title.

Let's further assume that the Giants are the best team out there and we want to face them as late in the playoffs as possible (to give them more chances to be knocked off before we get to them). So our best chance is for the Giants to be the 2-seed or worse (since we'll be the 5- or 6-seed and will likely play the 1-seed in the second round of the playoffs).

If we accept that, then here's what we want:

ARI: win out
CAR: win out
NYG: beat PHI and WAS, lose all others (with the possible exception of MIN in week 17, if we're competing with MIN for a WC spot). Notice that this still lets us root for a division title.
PHI: lose out (jury's still out on PHI-WAS game)
WAS: lose out (jury's still out on PHI-WAS game)
TB: lose out
ATL: lose to everyone but TB
SF: beat everyone but DAL
SEA: beat everyone but DAL

I'm not sure about the NFCN teams, except they should beat each other up and lose to DET

So this week, we root for:
BAL over PHI
DET over TB
JAC over MIN
STL over CHI
CAR over ATL
ARI over NYG
SEA over WAS
NO-GB tie, I suppose

Thank you Jim.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
The simplest way to view it for teams outside of our division is that we don't want GB or TB to win their divisions, seeing as how we have the tie breakers over those two... We do want Arizona to win their "division," if you call it that... BTW, If they win and the rest of their division loses they will clinch this weekend!!!!!!!! Turrible, that's just turrible.

A loss by Atlanta, to Carolina, would be a big help! Ties the conference record if we beat SF, and keeps TB from closing the gap, assuming they win.

As for the East, it's business as usual, we want them all to lose!!!!!!!!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
We probably won't get much help this week -- so anything we do get will be a bonus. Almost every game for NFC contenders is against a non-contender or an AFC team.

Giants-Cardinals -- Giants probably win. We don't care about the Cardinals anymore, since they'll win their division easily. A Cardinals win would be a nice bonus, just because it's nice to see the Giants lose. And who knows, maybe it'll be the start of the Giants' collapse. They don't have any easy games left.

Commanders-Seahawks -- Commanders probably win. But it is a long road trip, and the Seahawks at least gave Arizona a test last week.

Eagles-Ravens -- Eagles probably win. I'd have more hope for a Ravens win if they hadn't been crushed by the Giants last week. This might be our best hope for some help, though.

Bears-Rams -- Bears should win.

Packers-Saints -- Packers should win, unless the Saints finally get things going.

Vikings-Jaguars -- Vikings should win, but it is in Jacksonville.

Panthers-Falcons -- Might be a good game, but I'd expect Carolina to win. This is the only game in which it's not clear which team would help us the most by winning. Both teams have a lot of difficult games remaining. If Carolina wins, it doesn't help keep them out of the wild-card picture because they still could lose several more games, and Tampa Bay has an easier path to the division title. And even if Atlanta wins, I still think the Falcons will have a difficult time getting to 10 wins.

Bucs-Lions -- Bucs will win, barring a miracle.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2433466 said:
We probably won't get much help this week -- so anything we do get will be a bonus. Almost every game for NFC contenders is against a non-contender or an AFC team.

Giants-Cardinals -- Giants probably win. We don't care about the Cardinals anymore, since they'll win their division easily. A Cardinals win would be a nice bonus, just because it's nice to see the Giants lose. And who knows, maybe it'll be the start of the Giants' collapse. They don't have any easy games left. "Card fans get them whiped up into a freenzy and win

Commanders-Seahawks -- Commanders probably win. But it is a long road trip, and the Seahawks at least gave Arizona a test last week.

Eagles-Ravens -- Eagles probably win. I'd have more hope for a Ravens win if they hadn't been crushed by the Giants last week. This might be our best hope for some help, though.

Packers-Saints -- Packers should win, unless the Saints finally get things going.

Panthers-Falcons -- Might be a good game, but I'd expect Carolina to win. This is the only game in which it's not clear which team would help us the most by winning. Both teams have a lot of difficult games remaining. If Carolina wins, it doesn't help keep them out of the wild-card picture because they still could lose several more games, and Tampa Bay has an easier path to the division title. And even if Atlanta wins, I still think the Falcons will have a difficult time getting to 10 wins.

Only differance I have

Card fans get them whiped up into a freenzy and they beat the G-men and win their division

Skins should win easy but a botched snap at the end of the game causes Skins to lose and Cowboy fans laugh"

Raven will kill the Eagles whose running game is starting to slid and is not a power game like the Giants, McNabb will at the mercy of the Raven pass rush and extra prediction Kolb finishes the game.

Bears win

Pack win

Panthers win and cinderella Falcons start to slide

Jacksonville in a must win situation at home wins.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2433466 said:

Giants-Cardinals -- Giants probably win. We don't care about the Cardinals anymore, since they'll win their division easily. A Cardinals win would be a nice bonus, just because it's nice to see the Giants lose. And who knows, maybe it'll be the start of the Giants' collapse. They don't have any easy games left.

I don't know who to root for in the GB/NO game.... On one hand I don't want NO being another team to worry about, and we own the tie breaker on GB. On the other hand, I don't want GB to win their division since we have the tiebreaker, then we'd have to be more worried with Chi, and Minn.

And I don't think the Eagles will win vs Balt this week... That defense is scary good if healthy, and the Eagles offense? Well, did you watch them last week at Cincy? The Ravens have just enough offense to get the job done....

Am I not right in thinking that we should WANT Carolina to win the division? So we match up against TB and ATL? They are 2 games up on us now, what are the chances of us jumping them with the tough games we have left on our schedule.... they'd have to loose at least 4 of 6 for us to catch them. TB plays 3 straight division games, two in a row on the road at ATL and Carolina, then follows up with SD (no gimme) at home... That's not an easy path, although it is easier than Carolina's.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2433481 said:
Only differance I have

Card fans get them whiped up into a freenzy and they beat the G-men and win their division

Skins should win easy but a botched snap at the end of the game causes Skins to lose and Cowboy fans laugh"

Raven will kill the Eagles whose running game is starting to slid and is not a power game like the Giants, McNabb will at the mercy of the Raven pass rush and extra prediction Kolb finishes the game.

Bears win

Pack win

Panthers win and cinderella Falcons start to slide

Jacksonville in a must win situation at home wins.

I'd certainly take that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2433484 said:
I'd certainly take that.

Expect it. :laugh2:

I do think the Cards will give the Giants fits and I think the crowd in Arz will be wild this weekend vs the SB champs. I know if I was a Card fan with the division on the line and the Champs coming to town I would go crazy in the stands.

I also think the Ravens will rip Philly and Philly fans call for McNabb and Reid to get out of town will grow very loud.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Carolina should be feared. But if you want to win the SB then it doesn't matter who you have to face.

We need to win each week as if it's a playoff game.

I do enjoy playing the what if game though.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jobberone;2433534 said:
Carolina should be feared. But if you want to win the SB then it doesn't matter who you have to face.

We need to win each week as if it's a playoff game.

I do enjoy playing the what if game though.

I agree and that is the #1 thing, none of the scenarios matters if Dallas does not take care of their own business. I think the door is still open to all possibilities for Dallas but they have to win.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2433424 said:
A Cowboy win, Tampa loss, Skins loss (one of those freak games) and a Giants loss. Sorry guys I'm not giving the division to the Giants just yet. :laugh2:

Doomsday101;2433487 said:
Expect it. :laugh2:

I do think the Cards will give the Giants fits and I think the crowd in Arz will be wild this weekend vs the SB champs. I know if I was a Card fan with the division on the line and the Champs coming to town I would go crazy in the stands.

I also think the Ravens will rip Philly and Philly fans call for McNabb and Reid to get out of town will grow very loud.

I agree. I don't think the Giants will slide that far but we're only three out with six to go and the Giants have the hardest schedule in the NFL from here out. Unfortunately we have the second hardest. We do have two 'easy' games and they have none left.

I stand by my prediction that they will lose to AZ this weekend. AZ must protect the ball and that OL must give him time to throw. They do that they can win that game.