Best Way for the NFC Games to Go For Us on Sunday? *Merge*

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jobberone;2433545 said:
I agree. I don't think the Giants will slide that far but we're only three out with six to go and the Giants have the hardest schedule in the NFL from here out. Unfortunately we have the second hardest. We do have two 'easy' games and they have none left.

I stand by my prediction that they will lose to AZ this weekend. AZ must protect the ball and that OL must give him time to throw. They do that they can win that game.

Granted we have some hard games but to get to where we want to be we have to be able to beat good teams, if we can't we will not make it anyways. As for the Giants I do think they are a good team but a team that has not had a lot of challenges and they will start facing some real challenges the remainder of the season including the Cards game. I realize the odds are the Giants will win the division but I have watched the NFL long enough to know anything can happen.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
jimnabby;2433425 said:
Ok, let's start by assuming we're out of the running for the division title.

Let's further assume that the Giants are the best team out there and we want to face them as late in the playoffs as possible (to give them more chances to be knocked off before we get to them). So our best chance is for the Giants to be the 2-seed or worse (since we'll be the 5- or 6-seed and will likely play the 1-seed in the second round of the playoffs).

If we accept that, then here's what we want:

ARI: win out
CAR: win out
NYG: beat PHI and WAS, lose all others (with the possible exception of MIN in week 17, if we're competing with MIN for a WC spot). Notice that this still lets us root for a division title.
PHI: lose out (jury's still out on PHI-WAS game)
WAS: lose out (jury's still out on PHI-WAS game)
TB: lose out
ATL: lose to everyone but TB
SF: beat everyone but DAL
SEA: beat everyone but DAL

I'm not sure about the NFCN teams, except they should beat each other up and lose to DET

So this week, we root for:
BAL over PHI
DET over TB
JAC over MIN
STL over CHI
CAR over ATL
ARI over NYG
SEA over WAS
NO-GB tie, I suppose

bump .

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Baltimore, Detroit, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Carolina, Arizona, Seattle, and probably Green Bay since we have the tiebreaker.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With respect (EDIT) at this point in the season, the Cowboys. If Dallas takes care of business down the stretch, we will be in the playoffs and it won't matter what games other teams will win or lose each week.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Root for:
- Dallas over San Fransisco
- Arizona over the Giants
- Seattle over Washington
- Baltimore over Philly
- Carolina over Atlanta
- Detroit over Tampa Bay
- Jacksonville over Minnesota
- St Louis over Chicago
- Green bay over New Orleans

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
The one team we really want to lose today is the Falcons.... 2nd would be the Skins.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
If the Giants lose 2 of the next 3 games (at Arizona, at Washington, Philadelphia), then they are 10-3 coming into Dallas. Assuming we win our next 3 games (San Francisco, Seattle, at Pittsburgh), we would be 9-4 and in good position to possibly take control of the division with a victory over the Giants. The Giants would still need to lose to either the Panthers or Minnesota though and we would basically need to win out. Winning the division is not out of the realm of possibility.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
coblue;2433375 said:
So whats the best results we should look for around the NFC?

Who needs to win?

Who needs to lose?

We just need to win, nothing else matters.

hutru01

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2433487 said:
I also think the Ravens will rip Philly and Philly fans call for McNabb and Reid to get out of town will grow very loud.

That's already happening. A loss to the ravens and the Eagles season is done.

My prediction -> The Eagles are done for the season. Nuff said.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2433424 said:
A Cowboy win, Tampa loss, Skins loss (one of those freak games) and a Giants loss. Sorry guys I'm not giving the division to the Giants just yet. :laugh2:

Me either. Anything can still happen. As long as we do our part and keep winning. I still trust they have at least 4 total losses in their system this season.

bigE79

Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2435981 said:
Me either. Anything can still happen. As long as we do our part and keep winning. I still trust they have at least 4 total losses in their system this season.
:hammer: