Best Way To Get A TE

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
With the difficulties rookie TEs have would it be better to send a pick to some like TB for Brate or just draft one and suffer his growing pains. I think this team is close and I send like a 4th and something to TB or maybe even a 3rd for Brate. I think that would put the offense in a good position along with the dominant D. I don’t want to waste a year waiting on a rookie to figure it out.

Mr_437

Reaction score
FA TEs:
Jared Cook (great year, cashing out)
Jesse James
Tyler Eifert (former 1st rounder, injuries)
Maxx Williams (former 2nd rounder)
Nick Boyle
Levine Toilolo (run/pass blocking)
Demetrius Harris (Kelce understudy)

Here is a look at some UFA available. DAL can sign a FA plus draft a TE, and still may not cost the 7M Brate would. Add in trade compensation and that's a bit much.

So is Brate that good? I'm asking cause I don't know.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With the difficulties rookie TEs have would it be better to send a pick to some like TB for Brate or just draft one and suffer his growing pains. I think this team is close and I send like a 4th and something to TB or maybe even a 3rd for Brate. I think that would put the offense in a good position along with the dominant D. I don’t want to waste a year waiting on a rookie to figure it out.
You never want to depend on the draft to fill a specific position. When you have a big hole at a position, you fill it through free agency (or possibly a trade if it makes sense). You either get a stop-gap guy on a short-term deal, or sign a top free agent (but only a young one!) if there happens to be one that matches your need. The goal is to go into the draft with complete freedom to acquire talent wherever it may be found.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
FA TEs:
Jesse James
Nick Boyle

Here is a look at some UFA available. DAL can sign a FA plus draft a TE, and still may not cost the 7M Brate would. Add in trade compensation and that's a bit much.

I like Brate a lot others maybe not so much I think his numbers would sky rocket with Dak vs what he does with the QBs in TB. I like some of the free agents too just not as much as Brate.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FA TEs:
Jesse James
Nick Boyle

I think the Giants are gonna let Engram go as well....

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
i would try to sign jesse james in Fa and not have to give up a pick. And draft Irv Smith.

Hardline

Reaction score
Brate just signed a contract extension. It would take a trade to get him.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Go young. Save money and you may even hit the lottery.

This TE class is loaded.
Copy!,,, yet, the undeveloped talent we've kept in the breadbox mouldering to keep from mildewing for years concerning this position is damn ner' worthy of a Zebra Award in itself,,,

* I'm of the personal " insight " that the ol' #9 would've easily had the #89 in murmured contention for pro bowl status by now,,,just sayingo_O

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak completed 11 of 11 to his TEs against the Eagles. We need to appeciate the fact Linehan is now using the TEs more and Dak is hitting his targets more. Let's hope it continues. I think we can roll with what we got.

Mr_437

Reaction score
He doesn’t block well and thats what the new HC wants. I just heard then talk about it recently FWIW.
Wow. They do need blocking for the RB, but to give up an offensive weapon like that would be surprising.