Better Call Saul starts this weekend

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
So Slippin' Jimmy is on his way in for an interview with the other BIGGER law firm - they're really interested in having him come aboard due to the raves that he's gotten from his 'elder law' clients. And as Jimmy's walking toward the building he glances at the pinky ring his pal and fellow conman Marco left him as a final bequeath and...

Apparently he had some cathartic moment - maybe an inner dialogue along the lines of:

'Hey... I AM Slippin' Jimmy! These guys aren't going to let me in their 'club' just like my own BROTHER, Chuck wouldn't let me into HIS (oh, maybe the mailroom - but definitely not the inner sanctum). And even if they DID let me in I'd be constantly looking over my shoulder - it's only a matter of time before my Slippin' past catches up to me. Because it REALLY IS like Chuck said. People don't change. I'm STILL Slippin' Jimmy... and I recently had my hands on a bag that contained $1.6M. Did that really happen? OMG, WHAT WAS I THINKING!'

I'm really looking forward to next season.

I agree with a lot of this but there is also a part of him that wants to build his own empire. Be the #1 guy.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with a lot of this but there is also a part of him that wants to build his own empire. Be the #1 guy.

I think he seen this friend who took a regular job, hated it, only was happy when they went back to conning and died. The guy Hated his normal job life.

Add to Slipping Jimmy not wanting to be looked down on by the other law firm...He is tired of doing the hard stuff and the right stuff for little to no pay...remember him working case after case after case as a public defender but getting next to nothing in pay. Then he tells mike he was stupid for not just taking the money.

He was going to go back and do the "right" thing and work for the "man" but he looked at the ring he got from his buddy and remembered that his friend hated his normal job and had to do low level cons and died in an alley next to a dumpster...No more of that for Slipping Jimmy...no more doing the right thing but not getting respect and only getting scraps from the big boys table. Slipping Jimmy will turn into Saul Goodman and make real money as his own boss.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score

Jimmy has decided to throw off the 'good-guy' personae he's been wearing for ten years and play to his strengths.

Jimmy excels at rooting out the larceny in any situation and in any person. He is simultaneously disarming and adept at conversationally getting to the principal motivations of the crooked. Remember how he was able to plea-bargain himself and the Skateboard Twins from three shallow desert graves to a net of only two broken legs? He was able to locate the weakness in Tuco - his vanity - and played that weakness like a drum.

Jimmy is in his element when he is around the wayward and the greedy. He once had his hands on a bag containing $1.6M. And he really didn't work that hard to get there. He just understood the motivations and limitations of the Kettlemans - and had a crafty accomplice (Mike) that could help him pull it off. It was pretty much just like any other of Jimmy' cons - just a larger scale. And Jimmy realizes he can do this again. And again. Instead of waiting for the legal lions like Chuck or Hamlin to throw him the occasional bone - he's gonna go kill something for himself. And he's gonna do it using a combination of his lawyers license and the FULL Slippin' Jimmy toolkit.

As he drove from the parking garage in the final scene of the season finale - Jimmy looked the polar opposite of the broken and conflicted man calling the bingo game earlier. He's come to grips with who he is and has embraced his true Slippin' Jimmy self.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Jimmy has decided to throw off the 'good-guy' personae he's been wearing for ten years and play to his strengths.

Jimmy excels at rooting out the larceny in any situation and in any person. He is simultaneously disarming and adept at conversationally getting to the principal motivations of the crooked. Remember how he was able to plea-bargain himself and the Skateboard Twins from three shallow desert graves to a net of only two broken legs? He was able to locate the weakness in Tuco - his vanity - and played that weakness like a drum.

Jimmy is in his element when he is around the wayward and the greedy. He once had his hands on a bag containing $1.6M. And he really didn't work that hard to get there. He just understood the motivations and limitations of the Kettlemans - and had a crafty accomplice (Mike) that could help him pull it off. It was pretty much just like any other of Jimmy' cons - just a larger scale. And Jimmy realizes he can do this again. And again. Instead of waiting for the legal lions like Chuck or Hamlin to throw him the occasional bone - he's gonna go kill something for himself. And he's gonna do it using a combination of his lawyers license and the FULL Slippin' Jimmy toolkit.

As he drove from the parking garage in the final scene of the season finale - Jimmy looked the polar opposite of the broken and conflicted man calling the bingo game earlier. He's come to grips with who he is and has embraced his true Slippin' Jimmy self.

Good post.

But we know in real life. Tuco smokes all of them.... Or Atleast the kids.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Remember how he was able to plea-bargain himself and the Skateboard Twins from three shallow desert graves to a net of only two broken legs? He was able to locate the weakness in Tuco - his vanity - and played that weakness like a drum.

Also... Just thought of something. Remember in BB ... Walt and Jesse talk Saul out to dessert, Saul said give me a dollar? I'm your lawyer/ confidentiality etc.

Tuco was a practice run ;-)

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Also... Just thought of something. Remember in BB ... Walt and Jesse talk Saul out to dessert, Saul said give me a dollar? I'm your lawyer/ confidentiality etc.

Tuco was a practice run ;-)

I had completely forgotten that transaction. That guy does some pretty fast thinking and talking while he's staring up at the business end of a gun. In the desert.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I had completely forgotten that transaction. That guy does some pretty fast thinking and talking while he's staring up at the business end of a gun. In the desert.

Yeah... The dessert is significant.

Jimmy and the kids
Walt, Jesse and Saul
Walt, Hank. Gomez, Jesse and uncle jack and Arian brotherhood

What else? Hmmmm....