Better get Dak’s deal done now

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Dak was lowballing Jerry.

Jerry brings a lot to the table financially that most other owners don't, particularly for a QB. Sure, Dak can get bigger numbers *in his contract* elsewhere, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll make more money and get to *keep* more money after taxes.

A QB who can't appreciate what Jerry brings to the table financially is the *wrong* QB for the Cowboys.
Yeh because millionaires pay so much taxes in the country lol.
Stop jerry offered him below market 2 years in a row

Mobinvans

Reaction score
What world are you living in? I will make it easy for you. If Dak was a free agent today. The Football Team would give him at least 40 million a season. The Cowboys would be stupid to let him go for free. Since your obviously not paying attention, the Cowboys are not letting Dak go.
Just reminded me what a stupid name Washington has...lol

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yeh because millionaires pay so much taxes in the country lol.
Stop jerry offered him below market 2 years in a row

*Employees* do get taxed at a high rate in this country. It's corporate *ownership* that avoids taxes.

I've never heard anyone doubt that NFL players are subject to state and local income taxes, where applicable.

Those taxes are generally straight off the top of all income, with very limited deductions. Even as Football Player Inc., *services*, like playing football, are generally fully taxed and have limited opportunity for deductions, especially when relative to 30mil/year.

The mistake many make, and apparently Dak included, is to consider the "market" as contract dollars being the only relevant compensation, ignoring the *extra value* that Jerry brings to his QB contract that most other owners don't.

Maybe Dak gets a bigger *contract* with Cleveland. Doesn't mean he'll make mo money in Cleveland.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Guaranteed? No.
The only way Dak doesn't get that deal is if he accepts a home town discount. Dak and Watson are basically the same player in regards to accomplishments. This is either true or its not