Better get Dak’s deal done now

Redline360

Reaction score
After all these Dak threads I hope he goes somewhere else. If I was him I would leave this dumpster fire of an organization and play for a real contender

Signing him imo only hurts the cowboys going forward.

starman22

Reaction score
I do because both Dak and the Cowboys want to get a deal done. Dak will not play another season on the tag. He already got burned once.

Burned? He sat out most of the year and made more this year than probably just about anyone in the league.

Damn, burn me please.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
After all these Dak threads I hope he goes somewhere else. If I was him I would leave this dumpster fire of an organization and play for a real contender

We already suk. How could signing our franchise QB make us suk more.

Does it make us suk as much as over signing our RB? Or resigning our WR while using our 1st round pick on another WR.

How about using a 2nd rd pick on Gregory, or 1st rd picks on Claiborne and Taco? And the injury risk drafts on Van Esch, Jaylon and Lee?

But over paying our Franchise QB is the defining moment . Right... Lol

Redline360

Reaction score
We already suk. How could signing our franchise QB make us suk more.

Does it make us suk as much as over signing our RB? Or resigning our WR while using our 1st round pick on another WR.

How about using a 2nd rd pick on Gregory, or 1st rd picks on Claiborne and Taco? And the injury risk drafts on Van Esch, Jaylon and Lee?

But over paying our Franchise QB is the defining moment . Right... Lol

Agree we have to many bad contracts on the team however signing Dak to a large long term deal is the last thing the cowboys need in my opinion.

It would be a different story if the Cowboys would be a "quarterback" or "a few players away" however that is far from the truth. The defense bar 3 or 4 players needs an entire rebuild which will take several years. Then we have to look into the aging OL.

We need to restructure some contracts, draft defense, pick up good FA signing(not players ar the end of their career or hurt) and etc. We don't have room for all this on a massive Dak contract unless he gives us an incredible team friendly deal. We might see playoffs a couple years but to what extent? we just dont have the capital otherwise due to all the bad contracts.

Trust me I don't want to see Dak go as he is a great quarteback however it would be in the best interest of both parties to go separate ways.

Like all this matters anyways while Jerry still owns the team. Just continue looking at looking meh going forward like the last 20+ years.

Dak will just be Romo 2.0. Good to great quarterbacks wasting their careers in Dallas until we fix the defense

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agree we have to many bad contracts on the team however signing Dak to a large long term deal is the last thing the cowboys need in my opinion.

It would be a different story if the Cowboys would be a "quarterback" or "a few players away" however that is far from the truth. The defense bar 3 or 4 players needs an entire rebuild which will take several years. Then we have to look into the aging OL.

We need to restructure some contracts, draft defense, pick up good FA signing(not players ar the end of their career or hurt) and etc. We don't have room for all this on a massive Dak contract unless he gives us an incredible team friendly deal. We might see playoffs a couple years but to what extent? we just dont have the capital otherwise due to all the bad contracts.

Trust me I don't want to see Dak go as he is a great quarteback however it would be in the best interest of both parties to go separate ways.

Like all this matters anyways while Jerry still owns the team. Just continue looking at looking meh going forward like the last 20+ years.

Dak will just be Romo 2.0. Good to great quarterbacks wasting their careers in Dallas until we fix the defense
Dak provides us with “ relevance and interesting “.

That keeps the register ringing and turnstiles turning.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
I can’t disagree. I am just saying as a team owner I would balk at paying Dak 40 + million after seeing what is going on with Wince, Goff, Cousins, etc....
I’m not arguing. Im just saying Tak isn’t taking some discount or balking at the years on the deal.
Because he knows he will get what he wants elsewhere.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

What real contender is looking to add a franchise QB?

Redline360

Reaction score
What real contender is looking to add a franchise QB?

Just off the top of my head
Colts - awesome defense to boot
Bears - another great defense
Raiders
Browns - Mayfield is not the future

All teams in much better position then the cowboys.

Bucs, Saints, steelers all with quarterbacks who can call it quits whenever

Patriots - need more help then the rest of them but you got belichick. Seriously need some offensive weapons

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Just off the top of my head
Colts - awesome defense to boot
Bears - another great defense
Raiders
Browns - Mayfield is not the future

All teams in much better position then the cowboys.

Bucs, Saints, steelers all with quarterbacks who can call it quits whenever

Patriots - need more help then the rest of them but you got belichick. Seriously need some offensive weapons
Add Denver. They have a really stacked, talented, young offense and a good defense. Just missing a QB according to some.
Vegas too. I bet Gruden would be on the phone in seconds to trade away Carr and a pick. They clearly don’t like each other.

Flamma

Reaction score
Probably best to just tag dak again. unless he's going to take a bit less then he wanted before the season.

Either sign him or let him walk. Dallas isn't competing for a SB next year. Paying almost 40 million for a one year rental QB would be stupid.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Probably not here for 2022. Almost certainly not signing a new contract in 2021, in a cap squeezed year, coming off of injury. Dak has had plenty of time and money to sign here and hasn't.

After seeing the disaster produced by the new regime, and the collapse of assumed keystone players like Zeke, Jaylon, and LVE, why should he *want* to come back?

He bet on himself and rode a 2mil contract in a prove it year instead of signing. Why wouldn't he want to bet on himself for 38mil in another prove it year, and sit out free agent negotiations in a cap squeezed year?
Jerry and stephen kept.lowballing him and now he will make even more guaranteed money now after signing 2 tags. The franchise will regret this. Not dak