Between now and camp what's needed to feel better

visionary

Reaction score
Videos of Dak “training” to “be in the best shape of my life” because he has to tackle OL apparently

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Definitely DT and RB. Dowdle probably wouldn’t make any other roster.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Save for an ownership change, I would say a DT and RB are needed. It doesn’t matter, though. I’ve not felt this dejected about the state of the franchise since 2002.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Now that the draft is over there really isn’t anything we can do at this point to feel any better. The team is pretty much set for training camp. We’ll just have to see how it goes in camp and preseason.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Those are the two positions I see as lacking as well. DT and RB. In a perfect world the number 3 receiver could be upgraded. Imo

rags747

Reaction score
It would seem that most people wake-up everyday and it’s cloudy and overcast, the glass is always half empty. They have drugs for that fellas, evens out the highs and lows. Hell, I would even suggest a 5 day a week workout regimen if you do not like the idea of taking pharmaceuticals. Just a thought…

Creeper

Reaction score
Whatever it is Jerry is not going to do it because it costs more than a quarter. Stephen tipped his cards when he said they would be shopping for other teams' cast offs. Nobody feasts on other peoples garbage.

Robster8989

Reaction score
Definitely DT and RB. Dowdle probably wouldn’t make any other roster.
Agreed.
We will likely be a better run blocking team with the young guns at OL. That's where we will be better.
Martin and Steele took a step back last year, Zach seemed to take time to get into playing shape after his holdout, and Steele obviously with the recovery. If they can regain form, with Beebe in the middle, we could be special. On the left side, Tyler is an animal, and Guyton is a big, strong dude who can move in space. I think in 2025 that left side will be special, and if Guyton can hit stride sooner rather than later, out OL could be really good in the run game.
Too bad our RBs are meh.
So definitely RB. Pair a really good back with that OL and we could move the chains.

Then on D, we are woefully inadequate at DT. Our best run defender is gone. I like Osa, and am hopeful with Mazi, but beyond that, yikes. Hope Rogers is better than Bohanna was. Just think we are really week there. I'm torn on getting a proven Edge rusher. We lost a lot of snaps with Armstrong and Fowler. My guess is they want to see what they have in Williams and Kneeland, so they will play, so a FA might be a progress stopper and I don't think we want that.

I'll also add that I was hoping for a big, strong WR. A guy that could get that 3 yards on 3rd and 3 with a quick hit slant, using his body to shield the defender off. I liked Legette in the draft but he went way earlier than I had thought, so that was not realistic. I wonder if John Stephens could be that guy for us? I think we will need to shorten our pass plays a bit as our pass blocking will not be as good. More quick hits, get the ball out fast, and a big receiver can help with that.