Big battle brewing between Eagles and Jason Peters

Wood

Reaction score
I find this interesting because both sides have a point. Jason Peters attempted to get big contract at LT from Eagles and rest of league. Nobody was biting so Jason agreed to lesser contract with Eagles to play Guard. With a season-ending injury at starting LT, Eagles are asking Peters to move back to LT. Peters is saying not so fast - I want more money to be starting LT.

With Wentz already dealing with soft tissue injury, 1st round pick WR Reagor out 4 weeks with shoulder tear, 2 starting OL out for year the Eagles are in a fragile state. Can they afford to play hardball with Peters - who may or may not still be good LT?

Last edited:

lkelly

Reaction score
If I'm Peters, I tell them that if the offer is just $3 million then I'm ready to retire again. You have to think that he's made enough over his career that a final $3 million payday isn't going to move the needle. Then again, he could have subscribed to the Adrian Peterson school of frugality and this represents his retirement planning.

Personally I think Peters has them over a barrel and unfortunately the team isn't flush with cap space.

MikeB80

Reaction score
If I'm Peters, I tell them that if the offer is just $3 million then I'm ready to retire again. You have to think that he's made enough over his career that a final $3 million payday isn't going to move the needle. Then again, he could have subscribed to the Adrian Peterson school of frugality and this represents his retirement planning.

Personally I think Peters has them over a barrel and unfortunately the team isn't flush with cap space.

If I had to bet I would bet they do something via trade or on cut down day to get another tackle. I think pederson is on record as saying he doesn't want to have to make two changes so they would like to find a tackle. It does seem that is near impossible to find a staring caliber tackle.

edit

this looks to be exactly what the eagles need.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/31/riley-reiff-tells-teammates-he-expects-to-be-cut/

Wood

Reaction score

I agree that Peters has all leverage and I also think he is only an average LT at this point. So do you weaken 3 starting OL positions by moving Peters back to LT or do you keep Peters at Guard where he is probably above average.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I find this interesting because both sides have a point. Jason Peters attempted to get big contract at LT from Eagles and rest of league. Nobody was biting so Jason agreed to lesser contract with Eagles to play Guard. With a season-ending injury at starting LT, Eagles are asking Peters to move back to LT. Peters is saying not so fast - I want more money to be starting LT.

With Wentz already dealing with soft tissue injury, 1st round pick WR Reagor out 4 weeks with shoulder tear, 2 starting OL out for year the Eagles are in a fragile state. Can they afford to play hardball with Peters - who may or may not still be good LT?

4 Weeks for maybe the soreness to go away. I think I saw it was a labrum so he will have issues all season and need surgery in the off season to fully heal.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope they burn. Team will implode. Fans will turn at the drop of a dime. Wait until Wentz is injured again.
Oh, seen something that he is dealing with a soft tissue injury. But not expected to be serious. some tweet out there about it.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I agree that Peters has all leverage and I also think he is only an average LT at this point. So do you weaken 3 starting OL positions by moving Peters back to LT or do you keep Peters at Guard where he is probably above average.
The reports are he has had a hard time adjusting to OG.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He should have written the position inflexibility into his contract. Or negotiated a position bonus for playing OT. This eventuality was not hard to envision if you’re an OL who can play two positions, you might be asked to.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
My suggestion to Peters.....
giphy.gif

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would absolutely be horrible if the Eagles won the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.
They aren't 2-14 hurting. Besides, they have a hell of a lot of money tied up in a QB already. I doubt they want to pay that for a backup.

Personally, I don't think Lawrence will live up to the hype.