Big battle brewing between Eagles and Jason Peters

EGTuna

Reaction score
He should have written the position inflexibility into his contract. Or negotiated a position bonus for playing OT. This eventuality was not hard to envision if you’re an OL who can play two positions, you might be asked to.

The CBA doesn't allow for conditions/incentives/escalators based on a position switch. Which is weird, but true. Probably meant to protect players going from a higher paying positions (like CB) to a lesser paying position (like S).

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eagles are not dumb enough to keep Wentz over Lawrence. Nobody that stupid.
They can't just dump Wentz and make his salary and cap hit go away. So, one of two things are likely before next draft - either Wentz stays healthy, has a good year, and the Eagles keep him, or he gets injured or plays poorly, in which case the Eagles won't have any takers in a trade, and they are stuck with his cap hit anyway.

I'm personally still betting against Lawrence being the kind of stud people think. Not that I think he will be a bad NFL QB, but I don't personally feel he will be the superstar many expect.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
9/10 I side with the players in asking for more money.

But in this case, he signed as a G and, I guess, a backup T. It's not like you see backups to injured players get raises midseason.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Is there going to be a left tackle available after cut down day who is going to be anywhere near starting caliber ? I wouldn't bet or even count on that.........

MikeB80

Reaction score
Is there going to be a left tackle available after cut down day who is going to be anywhere near starting caliber ? I wouldn't bet or even count on that.........

re read the thread. There is going to be. The vikings are going to cut riley reif.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lol dude shut up my gosh you are so sensitive. Relax.. I think we have a good team this year. Do you feel better now?
I always am feeling optimistic therefore good and don’t have to try and fake it. Hey, you reap what you sow so shut up and deal with it.

elcowboi

Reaction score
If I'm Peters, I tell them that if the offer is just $3 million then I'm ready to retire again. You have to think that he's made enough over his career that a final $3 million payday isn't going to move the needle. Then again, he could have subscribed to the Adrian Peterson school of frugality and this represents his retirement planning.

Personally I think Peters has them over a barrel and unfortunately the team isn't flush with cap space.

I hope their entire o line retires

tunahelper

Reaction score
If I'm Peters, I tell them that if the offer is just $3 million then I'm ready to retire again. You have to think that he's made enough over his career that a final $3 million payday isn't going to move the needle. Then again, he could have subscribed to the Adrian Peterson school of frugality and this represents his retirement planning.

Personally I think Peters has them over a barrel and unfortunately the team isn't flush with cap space.

The Eagles used leverage against him when nobody paid him what he wanted, so now they get leverage used against them.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always am feeling optimistic therefore good and don’t have to try and fake it. Hey, you reap what you sow so shut up and deal with it.
So you aren't a sensitive guy? You aren't going to cry? DAMN THAT CATCH17! I was waiting to see that happen!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The CBA doesn't allow for conditions/incentives/escalators based on a position switch. Which is weird, but true. Probably meant to protect players going from a higher paying positions (like CB) to a lesser paying position (like S).

Really? That’s a cool tidbit. I’d never heard that before.

GMO415

Reaction score
Bad news for the iglles is always good news here.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I find this interesting because both sides have a point. Jason Peters attempted to get big contract at LT from Eagles and rest of league. Nobody was biting so Jason agreed to lesser contract with Eagles to play Guard. With a season-ending injury at starting LT, Eagles are asking Peters to move back to LT. Peters is saying not so fast - I want more money to be starting LT.

With Wentz already dealing with soft tissue injury, 1st round pick WR Reagor out 4 weeks with shoulder tear, 2 starting OL out for year the Eagles are in a fragile state. Can they afford to play hardball with Peters - who may or may not still be good LT?

NO WAY!!! Peters absolutely has NO point. Holding the team hostage after a major injury is scum bag material. This is a criminal way of trying to eek out more money.

Eagles are falling apart as usual. We have MM this year, not Garrett. We will leave them in the dust if this continues.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
They're still an 8-8 team.

Eagles lost 2 starting OL and may have to move the old big fat OL back to OT. Their WRs are not very good and the 1st rd pick WR is out for a few weeks. Wentz is so-so and their secondary is trash.

And they are still an 8-8 team? Must have an awesome DL, LBs, TEs, and RBs to make up for the weaknesses. Or is it their coach is just so good?

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Wentz is injured already?

Pederson knows he has a fragile QB and drafted accordingly this year.