Twitter: Big day for Jaylon and Zeke

fivetwos

Reaction score
I still can't believe Jerry caved that badly on Elliott to put the team in a spot like this.

They basically can't cut him to avoid 2022 since 2021 is already guaranteed.

Pretty much 4/60 fully guaranteed, and they would have to pay him to sit home to change that.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is going to happen is exactly what we all thought would happen.

giphy.gif

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
So it’s better to pay top dollar to watch mediocrity that I can expect from a late to UDFA?
The contract is done. You’re not getting the money back. You cut him and all you are doing is kicking the money down the line. Get what you can out of him this year in a limited/backup role and cut him next year if he doesn’t improve in Quinn’s defense.

Redline360

Reaction score
Going to be two of the happiest **'s alive stealing all that money from senile Jerry

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
The contract is done. You’re not getting the money back. You cut him and all you are doing is kicking the money down the line. Get what you can out of him this year in a limited/backup role and cut him next year if he doesn’t improve in Quinn’s defense.

I'm hoping Quinn uses Jaylon as a pass rushing blitzing LB for the most part. He is definitely not a run stopper and he has poor instincts on plugging holes. Having him pressure the QB may be his best skill if he has any.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Any chance Jaylon is asked to take a paycut or is made a post June 1 cut?

stiletto

Reaction score
Elliott is capable of being the best player on the team if he wanted it badly enough.

I dont know how to explain the other guy by a longshot....although the player we need him to be is in there somewhere....and I dont think its a lack of effort on his part at all.

$12 million a year for a RB in today's NFL just proves that the ownership of this team is about as dumb as it gets. The Texans might have the only dumber owners.