Twitter: Big day for Jaylon and Zeke

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Elliott is capable of being the best player on the team if he wanted it badly enough.

I dont know how to explain the other guy by a longshot....although the player we need him to be is in there somewhere....and I dont think its a lack of effort on his part at all.
I believe Dan Quinn will fix Jaylon Smith by adjusting the scheme to better fit his skillset. Plus they won't be wasting time installing that scheme in a virtual environment like Mike Nolan tried to do. As for Zeke, you seem to have more faith in him than I do. I don't see him capable of being the best player on the team, that's Dak. But Zeke can do better. That offense should be unstoppable but they always seem to find a way.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Going to be two of the happiest **'s alive stealing all that money from senile Jerry

It ain't stealing when the rich guys playing fantasy football just give it to you.

Still cracks me up how some thought Stephen would be smarter than his daddy, the only person he's ever worked for in the NFL. :muttley:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A bunch of whiners about these two players still. Well about everything actually.
They are still huge contributors on this team.

IT IS NOT YOUR MONEY. And the cap is in fine shape. Each of the next 3 years, 2022, 2023, 2024 seasons the cap is expected to go up $20 to $25 million each season based on the TV contracts. Not to mention other revenue, as fans start going to game again.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Elliott is capable of being the best player on the team if he wanted it badly enough.

I dont know how to explain the other guy by a longshot....although the player we need him to be is in there somewhere....and I dont think its a lack of effort on his part at all.

Elliott was a different breed than Emmitt. Did not have the same work ethic or goals coming into the NFL. His goal was money and financial security for him and his family. Nothing wrong with that, but Jerry should have seen in the off season the kind of player he was before giving him that big contract. Once he achieved his goal, he has flat lined. We blamed the weight, but actually it was his heart and head. Oh well, we got him for another couple years so he will be used in tandem with Pollard.

As for Jaylon, we got him at least another year. That's all i can say about that.

75boyz

Reaction score
Culture, Coaching and "Contracts" equals Cowboys Cancer.

Been that way for a while. It won't change this year.

Praxit

Reaction score
giphy.gif

fivetwos

Reaction score
I believe Dan Quinn will fix Jaylon Smith by adjusting the scheme to better fit his skillset. Plus they won't be wasting time installing that scheme in a virtual environment like Mike Nolan tried to do. As for Zeke, you seem to have more faith in him than I do. I don't see him capable of being the best player on the team, that's Dak. But Zeke can do better. That offense should be unstoppable but they always seem to find a way.
I can't stand Elliott and have no faith in him whatsoever.

There's was a time when he was the best player on the team. Thats now changed and all the more reason not to pay a RB big money.

I dont think he is motivated much after winning in college and collecting a big pay day.

Throw in the recent history of the position and I seriously doubt he gets back to where he once was.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score

Another example of Jerry being a terrible negotiator. He caves in on everything - he’s completely spineless. Zeke’s agent absolutely destroyed him, putting in bonuses that guarantee his NEXT year’s salary the March before.

J12B

Reaction score
Another example of Jerry being a terrible negotiator. He caves in on everything - he’s completely spineless. Zeke’s agent absolutely destroyed him, putting in bonuses that guarantee his NEXT year’s salary the March before.

Yeah that Zeke deal looks so bad now.

Terrible job by the Jones.

aria

Reaction score
I still can't believe Jerry caved that badly on Elliott to put the team in a spot like this.

They basically can't cut him to avoid 2022 since 2021 is already guaranteed.

Pretty much 4/60 fully guaranteed, and they would have to pay him to sit home to change that.
But we had soooooo many people tell us what a great contract it was! I get it though, he’s a generational back and carries the team no matter what......unless he doesn’t have a top 10 O line and then he becomes below average. If that’s the definition of generational, I don’t know what it is.

And yes....other RB’s have done more with less. All you had to do was watch the game to figure out he hasn’t been “generational” since 2016.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Elliott was a different breed than Emmitt. Did not have the same work ethic or goals coming into the NFL. His goal was money and financial security for him and his family. Nothing wrong with that, but Jerry should have seen in the off season the kind of player he was before giving him that big contract. Once he achieved his goal, he has flat lined. We blamed the weight, but actually it was his heart and head. Oh well, we got him for another couple years so he will be used in tandem with Pollard.

As for Jaylon, we got him at least another year. That's all i can say about that.

BS.