Big graphics Multiple post are a waste of download time. Enough already!

NorthDalal

Reaction score
No need to point out who I'm talking about.
The pictures are (sometimes)cute or witty the first time and a boring waste of scrolling time and download time thereafter.
Let's stick to Cowboy news and quit junking up this great new site.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
NorthDalal said:
The pictures are (sometimes)cute or witty the first time and a boring waste of scrolling time and download time thereafter.

Being one who as never posted a picture.....I can unbiasedly say that I like them.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
NorthDalal said:
Huh, try Roadrunner.

J/K :D

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
NorthDalal said:

Your sig is too difficult to read/follow ... it annoys me ... fix it.

Reaction score
Yeah I hate those guys with pictures in their signature oops I mean "big graphics" I mean cmon are you that lazy to hold your mouse button down a little longer?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
D41lasCowboys31 said:
Yeah I hate those guys with pictures in their signature oops I mean "big graphics" I mean cmon are you that lazy to hold your mouse button down a little longer?

Actually you DO need to resize you picture.

LARGE and/or LONG pictures in the sigline are not needed....there is no need to have a sigline pic(s) that takes up a good deal of space vertically....or of horizontal length that requires the normal page to be scrolled left or right.

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Actually you DO need to resize you picture.

LARGE and/or LONG pictures in the sigline are not needed....there is no since in having a sigline pic(s) that takes up a good deal of space vertically....or of horizontal length that requires the normal page to be scrolled left or right.

The normal page doesn't require to be scrolled left or right, not on my screen atleast, you must be using a small monitor.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
MOds, there's a hack for some forums (don't know about this version) that lets you set it where each person's sig only shows up once per page/per thread. That would be helpful.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
NorthDalal said:
I hear ya. Images in the signature are annoying as heck. It appears there is no way to disable them without disabling all images.

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
D41lasCowboys31 said:
The normal page doesn't require to be scrolled left or right, not on my screen atleast, you must be using a small monitor.

I don't think yours needs to be scrolled left to right but he did mention vertical limits as well ... get on the ball, son

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
D41lasCowboys31 said:

NO I have seen some sig pics that have required that (horizontally)....your is too large Vertically.

You need to resize the Roy pic and then you can have the two pics (Roy and JJ) side by side to keep your sig line from being so big in a vertical way.

I also have seen a few others that I will have to address and will do so when I get some more time.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack said:
MOds, there's a hack for some forums (don't know about this version) that lets you set it where each person's sig only shows up once per page/per thread. That would be helpful.

I wil ask Reality to check that out.

Some of the hacks for the older VBul software do not work on the new software but I will ask him to look into it.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
I think the only thing that gets on my nerves is when someone "quote's" a big article just to write two sentences. I understand quoting someone else's opinion if you want to comment on it. But the entire article is alittle annoying. As for pictures, it shouldn't matter. The text is normally loaded first, if you don't want to see the picture, just keep scrolling down.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I wil ask Reality to check that out.

Some of the hacks for the older VBul software do not work on the new software but I will ask him to look into it.

Personally I have no problem with the sigs, but I understand why others do. And really, there's no need to have one sig pic show up multiple times on one page of a thread.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eric_Boyer said:
I hear ya. Images in the signature are annoying as heck. It appears there is no way to disable them without disabling all images.

The setup is different on this board then the other...I know you are thinking ..>DUH! :D

However there is a way you can disable all siglines and attached images if you desire.

Towards the top of the page on the Black tool bar.

Click on the User/CP link.

When the new page loads look to the Left side of the screen.

Click on the Edit Options Link.

Scroll down to the Thread Display Options.

There are three options you can uncheck.

Choose the ones you want in order to get rid of various images.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
The setup is different on this board then the other...I know you are thinking ..>DUH! :D

However there is a way you can disable all siglines and attached images if you desire.

Towards the top of the page on the Black tool bar.

Click on the User/CP link.

When the new page loads look to the Left side of the screen.

Click on the Edit Options Link.

Scroll down to the Thread Display Options.

There are three options you can uncheck.

Choose the ones you want in order to get rid of various images.

Thanks BP but I checked it before I wrote what I did. I wish to only disable images from signatures, not the signatures themselves and not all images.

Images in signatures just clutter things too much. Yours doesn't because it is the same height as a couple lines of text so that's not a problem. Most images require too much height to stay in proportion yet still stay recognizable.

It's just a personal thing but I like to see peoples opinions, not the same picture 30 times a day.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
D41lasCowboys31 said:
BP, how do I re-size the Roy pic I am not quite sure how to do it.

You know, it would be ok (IMO anyway) if you just set the JJ image right next to the Roy image instead of under it.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack said:
You know, it would be ok (IMO anyway) if you just set the JJ image right next to the Roy image instead of under it.

.........:D