Big Mike is good for Dak

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
So? Is Dak the team? If you want a QB coach, I'd be happy to hire MM for that. Not head coach. Not leader of men.

Shane612

Reaction score
I know we all have a bad taste in or mouths based on that horrific ending against GB but looking back on the season we really had no running game and Dak was still able to engineer some terrific games... Mike really implemented a good game plan for Dak based on what Dak does best....... most teams played the pass as they knew we had no running game.....if we can get the run game going next year we should be dangerous
This is a true statement.
Dak finished with QB rating of 105.9, best in his career. But as usual it doesn't tell the whole story.

HanD

Reaction score
So the offense by MMs statement was 70% KMs and it had to be dumbed down after a few games to help Dak. Dak was Dak good against the sub par defenses not so good when it mattered. MM is no brilliant Offensive mind which is shown time and again against better teams.
i think part of the problem is what we also saw with Red Genius. not willing to game plan specifically for the opponent and just "doing what got you there". at some point the coaches have to be able to adjust, make changes and be willing to exploit the opponent for their weaknesses. we need coaches that put players in a position to succeed with game planning the other teams' players and schemes. much of what we saw gb do to us.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Did Dak out perform Dak from the past or did Dak do what he always does against bad teams?

Strength of schedule was third easiest in the league, strength of victory second worst of any playoff team minus Miami who beat us in the regular season.

Brax

Reaction score
i think part of the problem is what we also saw with Red Genius. not willing to game plan specifically for the opponent and just "doing what got you there". at some point the coaches have to be able to adjust, make changes and be willing to exploit the opponent for their weaknesses. we need coaches that put players in a position to succeed with game planning the other teams' players and schemes. much of what we saw gb do to us.
I guess based on a long history Jerry doesn’t hire those types of coaches, “Red wonder boy” is a symptom of the problem that Jerry keeps having because imho he does what he wants and the coaches have to work around his hands on management , just think coach Jerry in the shorts, cap and whistle along with attending meetings and his players open door policy. Any one who’s been in a management position knows the problem of a meddlesome owner can cause. Lack of results quickly gets you fired in business unfortunately it doesn’t work that way in Dallas. Yes men drawing big checks is where castrated coaches go at the end for a final payday, it appears this is how Jerry likes it and if by some miracle they win it all Jerry finally gets to take credit and say I built this championship team, It’s a big deal to him to get the credit and a major personality defect he has

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Mike Mac is not good for dak, he doesnt know how to use dak,or how to teach him things, or to make good game plans.
Mike hurts dak more than he helps him.
Mikes game mgmt is also bad. How he utilizes other players is also bad.

All of that is why GB gave them the beat down. It is more on mike than dak.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Wonder if you get into the HoF for most number of 40 point games against the Giants?
that would get dak into the fan hof in the dak fans minds .
But to be fair I dont think dak is as bad as he appears at times, I blame his HC's and OC's more than I blame dak.

Dak has had MM and JG in those roles, 2 of the worst around.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The 1st 5 games the offense looked horrid because Mike was trying to call a balanced game except the run game was so bad it really held them back a lot. After that they started opening things up in the passing game because they had to. Dak did well without much run support but that is not a winning formula.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Fix the run game and stopping the run. In either order those are the biggest things to address this off season.

Dak did have good games last year. Against the bad teams we played. Against the better teams, not so much.
(In bold ^^^): Not entirely true. Dak had very good games both times against the Eagles who were ranked #1 all season until the last few games in the season, the Dolphins, the Lions, the Seahawks and the Rams. All good teams.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fix the run game and stopping the run. In either order those are the biggest things to address this off season.

Dak did have good games last year. Against the bad teams we played. Against the better teams, not so much.
"Against the better teams, not so much."

Insert entire team and staff, not just dak...We all watched the same team especially the defense not show.

you said it, where was the run game? OL? Gameplans..

Fact is Prescott would have had to win those games just like he won the Seattle game and that's hard to do week in and week out to overcome a defense that literally almost gives up a scoring on every drive... Literally they couldn't stop the run they gave up easy drives they hardly provided any resistance in those allegedly games against better teams i'm sure...

I don't know a game that we lost this year that we go back and look and say man if the quarterback would have just play better we would have won the game no the quarterback would had to play like Superman like in the Seattle game it goes score for score every drive and do it without a run game in an offensive line that was inconsistent and pretty weak in a lot of cases they did not impose their will on anyone.....you know like Troy and roger had all those things dak and romo did not in those BIG GAMES you speak of..

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"Against the better teams, not so much."

Insert entire team and staff, not just dak...We all watched the same team especially the defense not show.

you said it, where was the run game? OL? Gameplans..

Fact is Prescott would have had to win those games just like he won the Seattle game and that's hard to do week in and week out to overcome a defense that literally almost gives up a scoring on every drive... Literally they couldn't stop the run they gave up easy drives they hardly provided any resistance in those allegedly games against better teams i'm sure...

I don't know a game that we lost this year that we go back and look and say man if the quarterback would have just play better we would have won the game no the quarterback would had to play like Superman like in the Seattle game it goes score for score every drive and do it without a run game in an offensive line that was inconsistent and pretty weak in a lot of cases they did not impose their will on anyone.....you know like Troy and roger had all those things dak and romo did not in those BIG GAMES you speak of..
WTH?

mardwin

Reaction score

can't pay a guy like Mahomes to play like Geno Smith

shabazz

Reaction score
Dakota 2-5.....McCarthy 1-3

Hard to top this dynamic duo for playoff success with and without each other as members of the Cowboys.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I know we all have a bad taste in or mouths based on that horrific ending against GB but looking back on the season we really had no running game and Dak was still able to engineer some terrific games... Mike really implemented a good game plan for Dak based on what Dak does best....... most teams played the pass as they knew we had no running game.....if we can get the run game going next year we should be dangerous
I think so as well, other than his clock management.