Big Mike is good for Dak

khiladi

Reaction score
We changed the offense mid-season. How much more you going to change it, after defenses adjusted and Dak threw 5 INTs in the last 5 games and the numbers were obfuscated by the 4 TDs against the Commanders?

Remember, they had a bye in the play-offs. Had enough time to turn up and didn’t change the offense. Then got destroyed..

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Eh I think you can say that McCarthy and Dak's tendencies to abandon the running game were part of the problem. The offense became so predictable against defenses that were prepared to stop them. Once defenses knew how to change their looks to confuse Dak, they knew they could dictate the plays. Then the OL and running game get blamed for no gain rushes on plays where the defense knew exactly what to expect.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Going to be interesting to see how Dak does under McCarthy his second season. Fans forget it was Garrett :facepalm: Moore:facepalm:before Big Mike took over. And Dak nearly won MVP!!!! I'm going to give it one more year per Jerry and see what happens. But we will have to do something about Dak's cap numbers.

Aven8

Reaction score
I know we all have a bad taste in or mouths based on that horrific ending against GB but looking back on the season we really had no running game and Dak was still able to engineer some terrific games... Mike really implemented a good game plan for Dak based on what Dak does best....... most teams played the pass as they knew we had no running game.....if we can get the run game going next year we should be dangerous
This should have happened 3 years ago. Keeping Moore on was a waste of time…..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Confession. When I first saw the title, I thought this was going to be about the other Big Mike. lol

morat1959

Reaction score
I know we all have a bad taste in or mouths based on that horrific ending against GB but looking back on the season we really had no running game and Dak was still able to engineer some terrific games... Mike really implemented a good game plan for Dak based on what Dak does best....... most teams played the pass as they knew we had no running game.....if we can get the run game going next year we should be dangerous
You can’t make this stuff up.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Gee...that's sweet. Fat Mike is good for Dak. Too bad they both aren't riding off into the sunset together. I wish MM was "good for Dak" on some other team, so MM can fail to prep Dak in the playoffs again and Dak can still not know when to throw away a football or look off the first option.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Don't know if MM is good for Dak....but what would be better would be a shrink and a film projector. His biggest problem is between the ears.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
We should ignore what we saw against Green Bay and forge ahead with what we have. Is that you Jerry?
Forget the offensive no shows against the 9ers each playoff prior too. We can blow through the East get 11 wins and then **** the bed with the best of them by years end. Can’t wait for 2025 draft already

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fix the run game and stopping the run. In either order those are the biggest things to address this off season.

Dak did have good games last year. Against the bad teams we played. Against the better teams, not so much.
I'd really like to see some metrics for this. I very much agree...mostly from my "eye test". o_O

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Better production from the OL and running back position should serve to make Dak's job less stressful in the season to come. Let's hope it does.
Yes. I think many people agree he's an...okay...qb? But is he one to really pu tthe team on his back and encourage and inspire the whole team to get in the mud and fight like.... heck?

Hmmm ...doesn't seem like it.

So find a way for him to not have, not feel that pressure to have to. The offense and defense run games seem the prime targets.