Big NT - Teams ready to pounce

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
mschmidt64 said:
I challenge you to find a legitimate mock that DOESN'T have Wright available in the second.

He's a third round pick right now on pretty much everyone's board.

What happened to him this year? Last year he was projected to go in the top half of the 1st round but he decided not to come out. I was hoping he would be there when we drafted last year but since he didn't declare it didn't happen.

The only Texas game I saw was the Rose Bowl and he didn't do anything in that game. I didn't realize that he had fallen so far this year.

I'd still rather look to the draft for a backup NT than to sign another big-dollar guy though.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Big Stud NT's make impact players all around them.

Fergi, Keamu roatation would be sweet.

Canty, Spears would be twin killers on the edge with Ware the roving dagger.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I just checked Steve Fifta's profile and I see his weight is back up and that's good. He's listed at 5'11 323 which is huge for that height. And he benched 38 reps of 225 lbs. (strong as an ox) I'd snag him in the 5th.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I just checked Steve Fifta's profile and I see his weight is back up and that's good. He's listed at 5'11 323 which is huge for that height. And he benched 38 reps of 225 lbs. (strong as an ox) I'd snag him in the 5th.

I too like Fafita - but he wasn't invited to combine and is a late day 2 draft pick. Me could be a player. Or maybe not.

Keamu is a proven player, Saban, Crennel are two teams after him and they are 3-4 NT smart. Lets hope JJ already has the Jet gassed and a bag of cash for the big guy!

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:

I'm a UTE Alum...I watched him play twice this year in person. Not a first day pick...and wouold take him in the 5th or later, but in no way would I consider this guy the answer to our NT for the future. He could be better then I expect, but doubt it. Good college player, but I would not bank on it at the NFL level. I'd much rather put my investment in Maake.

I'm not convinced Fergi will be here more then another two years, so adding Maake to a 5 year gig and then drafting a top NT in two years may be the way to go. Fergi was ok...not great...not bad either. I'd rather take my chances with Maake.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Nors said:
I too like Fafita - but he wasn't invited to combine and is a late day 2 draft pick. Me could be a player. Or maybe not.

Keamu is a proven player, Saban, Crennel are two teams after him and they are 3-4 NT smart. Lets hope JJ already has the Jet gassed and a bag of cash for the big guy!

Fifita is definitely developmental, much like Kemoeatu was, and he wasn't even drafted. Fifita is a strong kid that needs time in the system, but I really don't favor developing kids so they can sign elsewhere when they are good. Another guy I'd keep my eye on for the future is in San Fran. Isaac Sopoaga. This will be his 3rd year and he should be developing well. He was on IR and finally got on the field this year, and when he's free and more experienced, he'll be really good. Check the SF website for info on him.