Big Woods

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
He has one more year on his contract, but I could see him get a long-term deal if he keeps playing as he has. NT's don't get paid too much, but he makes a big difference against the run when he is in and would be worth a little bump up in pay to keep him around for a while. I would like to see him and Tank, at the very least, be the bedrock of the DL for the next 5 to 6 years.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Best thing about him is he has basically made Irving an afterthought.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Best thing about him is he has basically made Irving an afterthought.

Different roles. Irving was never going to be that run-stopping plug. His role is getting after the quarterback. Fortunately, Crawford hasn't done too badly at it in his absence.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I remember when Frederick was diagnosed with his illness thinking that must have been why he was struggling handling Woods in one-on-one drills. I think Woods has proven that he's actually tough to handle.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He was an excellent acquisition.

From a raw talent perspective he never really makes you notice him so you can't really say he was some sort of mined raw product.

He works his butt off. He wants it. It is not like he is physically dominating. But he wins. And that is good enough.

I don't know what it is, but he seemed to be a great personality fit also.

He came in here, took a job that needed to be filled and filled it.