bigfoot

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
how many people here believe there is a BIGFOOT?

native americans have claimed to see such an animal......... good enough for me. i've never seen one...................... have you?

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
how many people here believe there is a BIGFOOT?

native americans have claimed to see such an animal......... good enough for me. i've never seen one...................... have you?

Welllll... This one time I was camping in the woods and all of a sudden there was this HUGE crash...

I turned around and this tiny car had his a tree. And out popped a clown and he had big feet, it had big red shoes too. :grin:

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
CowboysFan02 said:
Welllll... This one time I was camping in the woods and all of a sudden there was this HUGE crash...

I turned around and this tiny car had his a tree. And out popped a clown and he had big feet, it had big red shoes too. :grin:

what did you do? i mean, i think i would be more frightened of that than seeing BIGFOOT.

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
That was more frighting, luckly for me Bigfoot came and saved the day...

He drove up and ran that creepy bigfooted clown over. Thank goodness for that monster truck. Big foot saved the day. :freeze:

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
I would say yes. I honestly believe these people are seeing something out there man.
A lot of people laugh and say that something like that could never exsist,but it is a BIG world out there,with lots of places to hide if you don't want to be found.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The most famous Bigfoot footage, the Patterson footage, was a hoax. The man who was part of that hoax died a couple of years ago and before he died confirmed it was fake.

I have no idea if there is or isn't a real creature but I lean towards no. With all the technology we have now there should be some kind of evidence that is tangible. What, Bigfoot never sheds some of that hair? DNA could narrow down exactly what the hair was from. I'm skeptical.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Hostile said:
The most famous Bigfoot footage, the Patterson footage, was a hoax. The man who was part of that hoax died a couple of years ago and before he died confirmed it was fake.

I have no idea if there is or isn't a real creature but I lean towards no. With all the technology we have now there should be some kind of evidence that is tangible. What, Bigfoot never sheds some of that hair? DNA could narrow down exactly what the hair was from. I'm skeptical.

Also, there was another guy who, on his deathbed, confessed that he had been making false bigfoot tracks for 50 years.

I think that there may have been such a creature, but they have all died off now.

Hoov

Reaction score
we grew up in an area that was very rural, heavy forrest. when we were kids my brother was so scared of bigfoot the mention of that name would make him jump.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DANTHEMAN said:
Also, there was another guy who, on his deathbed, confessed that he had been making false bigfoot tracks for 50 years.

I think that there may have been such a creature, but they have all died off now.
That is the man I was talking about.

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
I believe Exaggeration and hoaxes do play a BIG part in these sightings too,but only a few years ago, a unknown animal now named the Okapi was discovered.
What about creatures we know of , but are thought to be extinct ? The coelacanth was thought to be extinct for 70 million years ,until they were discovered alive and well in 1938. So is it really that hard to believe that a hair covered, man-like creature could exist on the verge of discovery ?
Isn't it arrogant of us to assume we know of all the species on this huge planet ?

Some Bigfoot researchers cite American Indian traditions as the first recorded sightings of human-like hairy creatures. The first recorded sighting occurred in 1870 and was reported in the California newspaper - Antioch Ledger. The newspaper correspondent reported that he had witnessed a "gorilla, or wild man, or whatever you choose to call it in the bush. Its head appeared to be set on the creature’s shoulder without a neck".

So what ever these things are,they have been seeing them for a long time.
Indians suggested these things may live underground and thats why we can't find them. I believe there is a lot of mysteries in this world and things we just don't understand or know nothing about.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Hostile said:

While not exactly "bigfoot", there is ample physical evidence of an "unknown primate" through DNA samples done on hair and stool samples found throughout Southeast Asia into China and Tibet.

I personally have some reservations about the existence of 'bigfoot" today, but I do think a large primate lived in the western United States during the recent past. There are just too many Native American oral traditions to dismiss their sightings of a creature as myth. There is even a newspaper account of the capture and subsequent escape of a young "hairy boy" from the late 1800's.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Maybe he shaved his head.....

03.jpg

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
I tend to believe there is some type of bigfoot creature. I lived in the Northwest where most the sightings happen. I didn't see one, but as dense as the forestry is up there, I wouldn't be surprised. New animals have been discovered in the past few decades, and some that were thought to be extinct are showing up too, like that woodpecker a few months ago.

And it doesn't matter how great the technology is now... Bin Laden hasn't been found with it, took ten years for hunters to find my brother in laws plane after it went down in the mountains and the latest technology couldn't find him...

Who knows... maybe there are Bigfoot out there. It would be exciting to have verified evidence one way or the other, but then the mystery would be gone and the days of hearing noises on camping trips and knowing it's bigfoot coming to get you would be lost.....

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
my cousin, robb riggs, is a paranormal researcher. he has written a book on the subject, "in the big thicket: on the trail of the wild man" (for non-texans - the big thicket is a dense forest in east texas). robb believes the bigfoot phenomenon may not be limited to the existence of a "natural" creature.

robb is a graduate of the university of texas, in his fifties, and has spent three decades as a newspaperman. some of his associates include fellow researchers chester moore and nick redfern. robb conducted a "bigfoot" symposium in austin just last month.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
As long as we're discussing bigfoot.....does anyone believe in a/the Chupacabre?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
My mother lived in northern California for a bit. She claims once when she was travelling, she entered a neighborhood where several police cars were parked, and it turns out that some lady had frantically called the police because she had seen Bigfoot through her kitchen window. The lady was hysterical, and my mother said there was a terrible smell coming from the area where Bigfoot had been seen. Of course, my mother believes in ghosts, the power of Oprah, and other kooky stuff, so I take anything she tells me with a grain of salt.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DANTHEMAN said:
As long as we're discussing bigfoot.....does anyone believe in a/the Chupacabre?

I think TrickBlue is the expert in that area. :D

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
If there is a bigfoot, where is mama & papa bigfoot ?

I don't believe in anything physical, that has never been seen by anyone ... bigfoot, ghosts, Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Tooth fairy.

If no one has seen something in the 6,000 yrs of human existence, it's probably not out there.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
I think you've got your timeline a bit skewed there WV. Humans have been around MUCH longer than 6000 years. But I don't believe in any of those that you listed either. Throw UFO's in there also.