Biggest concerns vs LA Rams game?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
What are your biggest concerns about the team going into LA Rams game ?

1) RT starter Cam Irving ?

2) Secondary worries ? Anthony Brown as an outside CB starter ? ... Diggs?... questions at safety with Darion Thompson ?

3) Other OL concerns: al center Joe Looney ? Tyrone Smith durability (who subs if tyrone gets dinged vs rams ? )

4) Cooper's health and questions with his hamstring vs Rams ?

5) Williams vs All pro Aaron Donald ?

6) the notorious slow starts that plagued us all year in 2019 ?

7) Special Teams

8) Jared Goff and Sean McVey getting the misdirection plays and run game going and going after rookie CB Trevon Diggs ?

9) Jalen Ramsey being able to shut down Amari Copper first game of the season

10) Kellen Moore's game plan and tendency to abandon the run and not involve RBs like Tony Pollard.
Well thanks for raising my freaking blood pressure. I wasn't even worried about any of that until you mentioned it.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

2) Secondary worries ? Anthony Brown as an outside CB starter ? ... Diggs?... questions at safety with Darion Thompson ?

3) Other OL concerns: al center Joe Looney ? Tyrone Smith durability (who subs if tyrone gets dinged vs rams ? )

7) Special Teams

8) Jared Goff and Sean McVey getting the misdirection plays and run game going and going after rookie CB Trevon Diggs ?

10) Kellen Moore's game plan and tendency to abandon the run and not involve RBs like Tony Pollard.

For me it's Cam Erving. If he struggles, this staff has to give him some help, not like Garrett leaves Chaz Green on an island when he is getting beaten play after play.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two concerns.

This is a conference opponent and could be a factor in playoff seeding or even making them.

I don't know how many games they're going to get in so there might not be any losses to give up.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I worry about their run game. If they get McVay’s run game going, the passing game will be much harder to stop. Everything relies on their run game in that offense.

Cam Akers is a very good back who is getting over looked by everyone. Dallas needs to stay frosty and make sure to stay on top of stopping their run game. If they can stymie that, I think Dallas can handle the passing game just fine.

blueblood70

Reaction score

7) Special Teams

NONE until after we play , week two will be very different because we can judge the coaches and players after and actual game where true weaknesses will show their ugly head..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The unknown.
As we really do not know how either team will look. But I give the edge to the Rams, since most everything is in tact from last year.
However we do have 2 ex-Rams coaches on this staff to. Get info from. And we may have a little bit of the surprise element going on.
That is if Brockers don't spoil it and tells his team mates what he saw on a few 3 second clips. :muttley:

1) RT starter Cam Irving ? He will be better than many believe he will be.

2) Secondary worries ? Anthony Brown as an outside CB starter ? ... Diggs?... questions at safety with Darion Thompson ? They will not be what we hope, but they will be better than what many believe.

3) Other OL concerns: al center Joe Looney ? Tyrone Smith durability (who subs if tyrone gets dinged vs rams ? ) Can't be concerned over this, what will happen, will happen, can't go into a game being scared of injuries, for the players and the fans. Just let them play.

4) Cooper's health and questions with his hamstring vs Rams ? He had a full week of practice, so will just need to see how it goes, again can't be concerned.

5) Williams vs All pro Aaron Donald ? Interesting, as some think Williams is better than the usual suspects, it will be a test to see any improvement, but a so-so game does not mean he has not improved. It is Donald after all.

6) the notorious slow starts that plagued us all year in 2019 ? I think that gets fixed this season. Maybe not this game but it will be fixed.

7) Special Teams. Can only improve. Will be interesting to see how they handle punt returns as too who does the returning.

8) Jared Goff and Sean McVey getting the misdirection plays and run game going and going after rookie CB Trevon Diggs ? Good test and learning experience for Diggs right away. Rams won't know our defense, so the misdirection plays may not work as well, not right away.

9) Jalen Ramsey being able to shut down Amari Copper first game of the season. Ramsey the over rated one. :laugh:. I think it will be a good battle, but Cooper getting the best of him though slightly. However, that could be a key, as if he can't handle Cooper or they double him, it opens up others.

10) Kellen Moore's game plan and tendency to abandon the run and not involve RBs like Tony Pollard. We don't know if that was Moore or Garrett. And this year he has MM to help, if needed. As we don't know the complete offensive philosophy yet.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

7) Special Teams

air qualit6ly

DuncanIso

Reaction score

7) Special Teams

Rams have a good defense.

what’s up with all our secondary problems? Minus BJones, it’s not like KRichard had an elite group last season. And they ranked 11th in passing defense.

CoachD

Reaction score
Ummmmm this is so obvious!!! You gotta stop Donald and the secondary needs to play decently.

aria

Reaction score
They have a lot more concerns than we do, not too worried about it.

Redline360

Reaction score
Biggest concerns going into any game this season would our defense. I think the defense will be better however unless Nolan had some type of epiphany while sleeping I still see the defense as the Achilles heel of this team.

On offense? Cooper disappearing against good coverage, Dak against tough defenses

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Kellen Moore doesn't come up with the game plan by himself. I honestly think having McCarthy in the room when they are putting a game plan together may help Kellen progress even more as a coach.

The problem is that we do not have much to game plan on. From my understanding McVey has went in bag and will be changing somethings about his offense. Our defense gets first shot to stop it.

The good thing is that they do not know what we are doing defensively either so it may be a wash.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

7) Special Teams

10) Kellen Moore's game plan and tendency to abandon the run and not involve RBs like Tony Pollard
I bolded the 3 that concern me.

9darter

Reaction score
The remaining stink and loser culture of the Garrett era.

Wood

Reaction score

7) Special Teams

Losing. Because there is so much discussion about Dak contract and how Cowboy don't beat good teams. Because of national perception of how stacked this team is getting off to fast start is really important. I think week 1 loss would be devastating for season.

JayFord

Reaction score
Jourdan Lewis being ruled out

other than that its a new coaching staff that can work around injuries.... McCarthy won a superbowl with alot on guys on ir