Biggest mistake by front office in last 3 seasons

J12B

Reaction score
Besides keeping Garrett around?

I'd say letting Beasley walk.

The front office could have afforded him. Now there is a void to fill with Cobb leaving. Cobb was good, but did not show up when needed.

Beasley was just too reliable to be seen as expendable. Maybe he became a diva. But he certainly proved his point.

In Buffalo last season, Beasley caught 67 passes for 778 yards and 6TDs.

Well worth 7 million per year.

HungryLion

Reaction score

The front office could have afforded him. Now there is a void to fill with Cobb leaving. Cobb was good, but did not show up when needed.

Beasley was just too reliable to be seen as expendable. Maybe he became a diva. But he certainly proved his point.

Yeah. Beasley’s contract looks like a steal now when u see what other #3 receivers are making.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Dez will be signed any day.

Expect it before the draft.

Then WR comes off the need list.

Then the biggest needs drop to looking for new DCC girls.

Beasley was an unhappy camper.

Dez will be such a Happy Camper he will cook your marshmallows for you by the fire.

Book it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dez will be such a Happy Camper he will cook your marshmallows for you by the fire.

Book it.

If Dez is signed, the entire forum will be a burnt marshmallow. The kind that will drip into the fire. This place will be nuclear. With both good and bad posts. But mostly from the normal whiners. :laugh:

blueblood70

Reaction score

I disagree he was not worth 7mil we got good production out of cobb cheaper and we will draft their much cheaper replacement in this deep draft of WRs..

Special teams. the coach, allowing Maher to be here 4 weeks too long, Jones dipping production etc etc ST alone cost us 2 games ..id say thats the biggest issue last season im not going back 3 years, stay in the moment..

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Book it.

Lol.

People buy a Bryant jersey and think he's gonna contribute.

His skills already were in serious decline. Two years and a ruptured Achilles later and he's gonna contribute?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

ahahahaahahahahaha!!!!!! This has to be the biggest joke. Beasley?

FYI...……….Cobb pretty much had that covered all on his own. BEASLEY WAS the text book definition of what was wrong with the Dallas passing game. Guys that lacked that YAC, big play capability. Good riddance to Beasley.

Biggest mistake in the last 3 years is not even close. Its signing Zeke to a 90 million dollar extension two years before his rookie deal was over.

I would also put out there drafting Taco and passing on TJ Watt.

Swanny

Reaction score

If that's the biggest mistake that's an incredible front office

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Do we have to pick just one?

There were a few doozies!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Assuming they are sold on Dak, not signing him to an extension a few games after Cooper walked in the building. Could have saved $10+ million in future cap hits.

The Cowboys have been trying to sign Dak for two years. Its been Dak that has made this process THIS long.