Biggest mistake by front office in last 3 seasons

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Holding on to Garrett as the head coach. You pick the year because they were all equally bad decisions to me.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Taking Taco over TJ Watt.
Keeping Garrett for far too long.
Taking Hill over Thornhill.

I could go on all day.
hey Oneiros--- the one where they took Hill over Thornhill really ticked me off...what is it with Dallas need to get D lineman that bust..i realize we have to give Hill more time before judging it...but i think it was marinelli in the draft room
that made them lose focus in 1st round?...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dallas was in 11 personnel on 67% of plays last year, and 61% on first and second down. It doesn't get any more base than that.
https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/personnel-grouping-frequency.html
Cobb didn't have more catches, and had one of the worst drop rates in the NFL. He was unequivocally worse than Beasley.

You can ignore what I mean by base if you like, but the fact is Beasley played for limited snaps for us. Limited snaps = limited value.

As for Cobb being "unequivocally worse" than Beasley, their contracts indicate that the NFL thinks otherwise. YMMV.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OF course, the easy response is to say "keeping Garrett", but I suspect the OP is looking for a transaction or decision regarding a player.
lol......this is the 2nd year cowboys have tried. That is a fact. My god you people will argue over anything.
it hasnt been 2 years though, which is what you said. And it’s not unusual to put off negotiations during the season, so it hasn’t even been a year of trying. It was a few months last off-season, and a few months this one. And this offseason isn’t over.

I’m not suggesting it hasn’t been a tough negotiation, but that does happen sometimes.

cowboybish

Reaction score
Besides keeping Garrett around?

I'd say letting Beasley walk.

The front office could have afforded him. Now there is a void to fill with Cobb leaving. Cobb was good, but did not show up when needed.

Beasley was just too reliable to be seen as expendable. Maybe he became a diva. But he certainly proved his point.

In Buffalo last season, Beasley caught 67 passes for 778 yards and 6TDs.

Well worth 7 million per year.
Signing Zeke to long contract. I like him but not enough to pay him that. We'll see how this all plays out

kskboys

Reaction score
hey Oneiros--- the one where they took Hill over Thornhill really ticked me off...what is it with Dallas need to get D lineman that bust..i realize we have to give Hill more time before judging it...but i think it was marinelli in the draft room
that made them lose focus in 1st round?...
A complete inability to evaluate players, especially DT's.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Sticking with Garrett
Keeping Marinelli after hiring Richard
Neglecting the middle of the defense