Biggest problem for our offense

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Penalties, and drops. We are tied for the most drops and top 5 in penalty yards. We had a TD come back due to a penalty. And a drive killing penalty by tavon last week. Typical of a Garrett coached team.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Its Garrett and this dual te passing offense that has 1 playoff td in 16 yrs. Name one game in 7 years where our tes actually scored or dominated an opposing above .500 defense outside of our division. But carrott top doesnt give up on the jumbo passing formations regardless of which scrub tes we have. Its never been Romo or Dak its the subpar tes weve been watching for 7-8 yrs

GMO415

Reaction score
Our first half scoring is a result of such horrible field positions

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Scheme. Predictable routes and play calling . Why in the world doesn't this team employ quick screens to attack all areas of the field? It's run up the gut and vertical routes or hooks constantly. Some creativity would help.
BOOM.....:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Scheme. Predictable routes and play calling . Why in the world doesn't this team employ quick screens to attack all areas of the field? It's run up the gut and vertical routes or hooks constantly. Some creativity would help.

The bolded... That's how the 90's offense was... That's all Jason Garrett knows is 90's offense..

movaughn88

Reaction score
Come on dude have some pride.

I posted this (original Sturm tweet) in another thread. You stole his wording and the graphic, at least attribute the source. SMDH.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
wait, what does where you start have to do with offensive philosophy..!!! SMH...that's bad defense that allows long, time consuming drives, gives up big plays and doesn't get turnovers. I bet you those teams have many of those.

75boyz

Reaction score
This can be deceptive.

The Eagles play aggressive and they generate TOs, they are, for example, fifth in the league in INTs, but they give up a lot of yards and points, playing that way. Their defense is 29th in yards given up and 27th in TDs and they are the 23rd rank scoring defense.

We, on the other hand, are the 8th ranked scoring defense. We are 12th in yards and 5th in TDs, meaning we sacrifice TOs, for yards and scoring.

Of course better field position as a result would help scoring theoretically, but how significant that impact would be, hard to tell.

I enjoy reading your big picture perspective analysis in the way you post. Usually with facts and/or links to support your position. I appreciate your insight and opinion.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Come on dude have some pride.

I posted this (original Sturm tweet) in another thread. You stole his wording and the graphic, at least attribute the source. SMDH.

True I wanted to copy the whole tweet but for some reason coudnt.

Legend

Reaction score
The bolded... That's how the 90's offense was... That's all Jason Garrett knows is 90's offense..
90s offense was more. Emmitt ran sweeps, tosses, counters, and draws as well. Irvin also ran slants and went across the middle of the field. A lot of timing routes based on QB accuracy.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
dropped passes.
lazy throws into coverage.
holding penalties.
uncalled interference on our receivers and TE.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score

Also interesting note: San Fran, New England and Philly are ahead of Dallas in points and points per game. Dallas is still in the top 10 of both categories.

Detroit and Pittsburgh? Much closer to the bottom.

I don't think that's our worst issue on offense, it's seemingly not being able to score more than what the defense allows.

Yeah, starting in opponents territory makes it easier to score, yet, we're still scoring in spades.

khiladi

Reaction score
Gregory played 1 year and Irving played 2. None played together for a full year

Yep, which is why I said it generically as “last year and other years”. It would have been crazy to have Irving. Gregory and Tank active in the same day, despite DLaws down year. Even with the down year, it would be ridiculous to assume the other two wouldn’t open things up for him.