Biggest Problem: We're not getting any better

TonyS

Reaction score
Has anyone seen improvement over the last 4 games?

That's what concerns me the most.

Are the players we have of poor quality or is the coaching hurting us rather than helping us?

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Problems are as follows:

1) Offensive line play has gotten worse. They were doing a great job keeping Bledsoe on his feet until this week. Don't know what happened, but whatever it was needs to be addressed.

2) Running game is crap. I think it's play calling more than anything. Julius is a speed back, yet we are pounding him up the middle every play. Why? Use Anthony Thomas in those situations. Not Julius. Put Julius in situations where he can make a big play. Toss plays, off tackle plays, draw plays. And for the love of God don't throw to him. He can't catch.

3) Play calling sucks. Bad. We aren't using our personel right. Bledsoe needs to be allowed to throw the ball deep. Julius needs to be used to attack the outside or the defensive line, not up the middle. Witten needs to be more involved. Anthony Thomas needs to be in the freakin' game, period. Price needs to be in there. We need to stretch the field in the first three quarters...not just in the 4th. We need to stop with the trick plays.

4) Safeties are crap at coverage. We are weak over the top. We did well today considering who we played, but this needs to be addressed. We play zone too much for my tastes. We are weak in coverage, so make sure we put as much pressure on the opposing quarterback as possible. Giving him time won't help our defense.

5) Special teams are unreliable. Our punter is great, but our FG kicker is crap. I don't trust him and we should never have signed him. We should have kept that Novak kid. He's going to be something special for years to come, and now the Commanders have him. (Thanks Parcells)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don't seem to be getting better. But with 23 new guys this year, it is going to take a while. I'm not concerned yet. But the panic button is nearby.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Patience is a quality most football fans lack, I'm afraid.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
Every game seems to go to the last second. I will have a heart attack if the whole season is like this. My wish to santa claus is a kneel down in the 4th by Drew. He can still throw if they open things up.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
windward said:
Patience is a quality most football fans lack, I'm afraid.

Don't you think we as fans have waited long enough for this team to turn the corner?

How long has it been since we won a playoff game?

I'm tired of being patient. :mad:

Hoov

Reaction score
d line/pass rush is better.

a couple things holding us back, we will turn the corner. schedule has been rough too. the giants got spanked ny SD and so did NE, so that should make us feel better. we played sloppy, sloppy football against SF, got deep in a hole on the road and won.

2nd hald os the season some of the confusion with the young players will be ironed out and the schedule gets a little easier, then we will see things come together.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
Don't you think we as fans have waited long enough for this team to turn the corner?

How long has it been since we won a playoff game?

I'm tired of being patient. :mad:

first off, the talent level and performance level is improved from the Campo era. We are still on schedule to being competitive THIS YEAR. Who knows? We may pull out a playoff win this year. It's a 16-game season not 4 or 8

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
windward said:
first off, the talent level and performance level is improved from the Campo era. We are still on schedule to being competitive THIS YEAR. Who knows? We may pull out a playoff win this year. It's a 16-game season not 4 or 8

I know we have a lot of season left. Too bad we won't even sniff 3rd place in the division if we keep playing like we are.

Our division is too strong this year.

50cent

Reaction score
Petteti has had his named called often at RT.
Ware ahs 2 sacks in 2 games.
Tnew didn't allow a catch per AdamJT
We forced Fg after Fg to stay in the game and not welt like last year.
Canty has shined on the Dl along with Spears.
Ratliff even had a .5 a sack
ST has given up a big play since week one.

We are improving, but our vets are killing us with their mistakes.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
I know we have a lot of season left. Too bad we won't even sniff 3rd place in the division if we keep playing like we are.

Our division is too strong this year.

You don't think we'll improve? I personally think the Giants are a fraud and Washington is too.

btcutter

Reaction score
windward said:
You don't think we'll improve? I personally think the Giants are a fraud and Washington is too.

I agree with Washington. Giants really can't play any better than they are now. They will come back to earth.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
windward said:

And we aren't? We have squeaked out two wins against a team missing it's best receiver and a 4-12 team at best.

We don't have any right to talk about the Giants or Commanders right now.

I think our defense will improve, but it won't matter if we play the same way offensively all year.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Our record says 2-2. But we could very easy be 0-4. The way this team is playing we are playing like a 0-4 team.

My biggest problem is not being 2-2. The thing that has me p*ssed is that we are getting worse every week......not better.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
And we aren't? We have squeaked out two wins against a team missing it's best receiver and a 4-12 team at best.

We don't have any right to talk about the Giants or Commanders right now.

I think our defense will improve, but it won't matter if we play the same way offensively all year.

We're at the same level as the Giants and perhaps the Commanders. I'm not saying we're far and away better than them, just that they're equally flawed. I have confidence in this organization that we can be a much better team at the end of the year than we are right now

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
windward said:
We're at the same level as the Giants and perhaps the Commanders. I'm not saying we're far and away better than them, just that they're equally flawed. I have confidence in this organization that we can be a much better team at the end of the year than we are right now

I hope so. So far, I've seen nothing that makes me feel that way, and I'm one of the more optimistic posters on this board.

I'm pleased with the defense, but playing not to lose is going to cost us big time.

I'm losing confidence in Parcells every week.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
cortez has only missed 1 FG all year and is drilling his kickoffs into the endzone... what more can you want?

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Teague31 said:
cortez has only missed 1 FG all year and is drilling his kickoffs into the endzone... what more can you want?

He was out of the league last year for a reason. He is a bum. He cannot be counted on to win games for us.

We should have kept Novak.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
cortez is not drilling anything in the endzone, he hasn't done that since the preseason