Biggest problem with this team

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Hands down is coaching.

Look at Sparano.. Look at the job he is doing in Miami with a team that was 1-15 last year.

Everyone sleeps on Sparano but he was the Assistant coach last year and had a big impact on last years season. Now look at this year. Hell all the coaches we lost last year went to Miami and now look at what the Dolphins are doing this year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Look at what Wade did last season with a 10-6 team? He improved them to 13-3. Seriously i'm sick of hearing about coaching. We had Bill Parcells as coach and we got kicked out of the wild card. Phillips got us to the 1st round. Its bigger than the coaching. These players have to be accountable. We'll see how they end the season. If the Cowboys end the season 11-5 would you still be sitting here saying coaching is the problem?

Dolphin's look exactly like we did Parcells first year here. The 1st year with a new head coach is always the best year. But if the team doesn't have much talent it will only go down hill from there. Dolphins are playing strictly on hunger.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Real1st;2408943 said:
Hands down is coaching.

Look at Sparano.. Look at the job he is doing in Miami with a team that was 1-15 last year.

Everyone sleeps on Sparano but he was the Assistant coach last year and had a big impact on last years season. Now look at this year. Hell all the coaches we lost last year went to Miami and now look at what the Dolphins are doing this year.

we're about the same as last year. we just don't have the immense luck we had the year before. bj for 3 games also hurts...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
welcome to the club.

It will fall on deaf ears though.

sporano, pasqualoni, bowles and rodgers all suck according to the majority here.

watch how that team plays. Its laughable how much different miami looks and how similar they look like us from a few years ago.

Its really making me mad today. Jerry caters to superstars and he put coaches in place that would cater to them

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
rocyaice;2408948 said:
Look at what Wade did last season with a 10-6 team? He improved them to 13-3. Seriously i'm sick of hearing about coaching. We had Bill Parcells as coach and we got kicked out of the wild card. Phillips got us to the 1st round. Its bigger than the coaching. These players have to be accountable. We'll see how they end the season. If the Cowboys end the season 11-5 would you still be sitting here saying coaching is the problem?

Dolphin's look exactly like we did Parcells first year here. The 1st year with a new head coach is always the best year. But if the team doesn't have much talent it will only go down hill from there. Dolphins are playing strictly on hunger.

And look at Wade now that we are not catching all the lucky breaks we caught last year. There is a reason why Wade has never won a playoff game. Yea he took a 10-6 team and turned them into a 13-3 and got bounced out the first round of the playoffs.. Why hasn't Wade won a playoff game?? Its a mystery i guess. All off-season we heard about winning a playoff game this and that. Wade should of told them to shut the hell up and qualify for the playoffs first. Wade is a lame duck coach.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
I'll concede that it is definitely a problem. Whether or not it is the biggest problem is debatable. Either way, it's not the only thing that needs to be fixed on this team....but its a damn good place to start.

Kilyin

Reaction score
It's not the same team that went 1 and 15. Parcells came in and gutted that team from the coaching staff on down.

Here's one for you. Name a team that went 1 and 15 and didn't improve the next year. I'll be waiting.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Real1st;2408955 said:
And look at Wade now that we are not catching all the lucky breaks we caught last year. There is a reason why Wade has never won a playoff game. Yea he took a 10-6 team and turned them into a 13-3 and got bounced out the first round of the playoffs.. Why hasn't Wade won a playoff game?? Its a mystery i guess. All off-season we heard about winning a playoff game this and that. Wade should of told them to shut the hell up and qualify for the playoffs first. Wade is a lame duck coach.

Well lets see what Dolphins do next season. Why hasn't Wade won a playoff game? Because the teams he's coached have sucked. When has his teams ever been favored to win a playoff game other than last year where he lost to the Super Bowl champs?

I heard all these knee jerk reactions two years ago when Sean Payton left. Now you don't hear a peep since he hasn't had the success he had his 1st season as head coach. That's the thing you guys don't realize. Everything looks great the 1st season. Because there's no expectations. You take what you get. But the 2nd season is the hardest season to coach because you actually have expectations. Look at Wade. Look at Norv.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
INJURIES!

When we get all these guys back next week you'll be amazed at how much the coaching improves.:rolleyes:

When Felix is breaking long runs and Romo is completing long passes to Owens and Newman is intercepting passes, Wade will look like a fricken genius.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
all though I agree, lets face the facts guys. the dolphins couldn't get any worse.

Kilyin

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2408968 said:
INJURIES!

When we get all these guys back next week you'll be amazed at how much the coaching improves.:rolleyes:

And if you look at the injury report, the Dolphins have less injuries than any other team in the league.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2408968 said:
INJURIES!

Right injuries are a big excuse..

Wait Tom Brady got hurt and it was the end of the Patriots season right???

And yet they have a better record than us.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Kilyin;2408964 said:
It's not the same team that went 1 and 15. Parcells came in and gutted that team from the coaching staff on down.

Here's one for you. Name a team that went 1 and 15 and didn't improve the next year. I'll be waiting.

that kind of proves the point doesnt it, they know how to fix problems and create a team atmosphere where everyone is accountable and no one is above the team.

the buck stops with the head coach and all the players respect the head coaches authority.

and as for your trivia, without looking anything up I will guess new england at some point in the late 80s or cincy in the 90s???

Kilyin

Reaction score
If NE loses to Buffalo they'll have the same record as us.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Real1st;2408977 said:

For one they don't play in the NFC East and they don't strike fear into anyone's heart anymore, as for the Dolphins they couldn't be any worse then last year and I would love the Cowboys to play them next week.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
We're 5-4.

....but they're in one of the weakest divisions in football.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Real1st;2408977 said:

Matt Cassel>>>>>>>sliced bread>>>>>>>>Brad Johnson

Are you serious? And they only have one less loss than us. Hardly that much of a better record than us. Look at the Seahawks? Playoff team last season and they have injuries and are pitiful. Injuries are a huge part of why this team is struggling. Its the biggest. I'm not saying we'd be undefeated without them. But at the very least we'd be 6-3. Patriots are in the same boat we're in.

Kilyin

Reaction score
theebs;2408980 said:
that kind of proves the point doesnt it, they know how to fix problems and create a team atmosphere where everyone is accountable and no one is above the team.

the buck stops with the head coach and all the players respect the head coaches authority.

and as for your trivia, without looking anything up I will guess new england at some point in the late 80s or cincy in the 90s???

It doesn't prove anything (no matter how badly you want it to), except that it's next to impossible to NOT improve when you win one frickin game the year before and bring in an entire new coaching staff and "VP of football operations". Right now the Dolphins are a .500 ball club and last place in their division.

StylisticS

Reaction score
rocyaice;2408948 said:

That's the problem. The coaching is not holding them accountable. The same players make the same mistakes week after week whether it's penalties or missed assignments. Wade needs to hold them accountable and he's not doing that so you are actually proving his point.