Biggest problem with this team

Kilyin

Reaction score
StylisticS;2408995 said:
That's the problem. The coaching is not holding them accountable. The same players make the same mistakes week after week whether it's penalties or missed assignments. Wade needs to hold them accountable and he's not doing that so you are actually proving his point.

That's a good point. I'm not defending Wade Phillips, I really don't like him... or his results this year so far. However, I'm not ready to annoint Tony Sparano the next Vince Lombardi either (even if Parcells is holding his hand every step of the way).

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Kilyin;2409002 said:
That's a good point. I'm not defending Wade Phillips, I really don't like him... or his results this year so far. However, I'm not ready to annoint Tony Sparano the next Vince Lombardi either (even if Parcells is holding his hand every step of the way).

No one is saying he is the next Vince Lombardi... I am just making a parallel to how important coaching is.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Kilyin;2408990 said:
It doesn't prove anything (no matter how badly you want it to), except that it's next to impossible to NOT improve when you win one frickin game the year before and bring in an entire new coaching staff and "VP of football operations". Right now the Dolphins are a .500 ball club and last place in their division.

oh okay.

except this isnt about the fact that they are better than last years team, its about the fact that they look like a good team. they look better than we do right now.

they installed the blueprint and they are following it. they have good coaches and the players instantly respected them.

Its the polar opposite of Dallas. We are a team with no blueprint anymore and the players look like they couldcare less what the coaches are saying most of the time. IN st.louis they basically laughed at and blew off brian stewart, that would never happen with pasqualoni here. The players had way too much respect for him and bowles and rodgers.

so no only do we see our players blowing off coaches on the sideline, but there are no effects of it. What happens in Dallas when the players turn on a coach? The coach loses control and gets a semi demotion.

This is jerrys fault for not recognizing a good thing when it was right in his lap. He wants superstars over team players and he wants coaches that cater to his handpicked superstars. If the current coaches wont do that, jerry will go get coaches who will.

That is where we are at. And it stinks.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Kilyin;2409002 said:

I agree. I mentioned this last week in a thread that there seems to be a recent trend. 1st year coaches or 1st year coaches coming back to the head caoching ranks have had good 1st years because the team and the coach are playing off high emotion. But then the second year rolls around and the coach and team struggles to match that emotion of the first year.

I wouldn't think nothing of it weren't any examples lately such as Sean Payton, Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, even Bill Parcells.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2408959 said:
I'll concede that it is definitely a problem. Whether or not it is the biggest problem is debatable. Either way, it's not the only thing that needs to be fixed on this team....but its a damn good place to start.

I think leadership and team speed on D are the main things that need to be changed

Garrett picking his head out from between his cheeks is another

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2409372 said:
I think leadership and team speed on D are the main things that need to be changed

Garrett picking his head out from between his cheeks is another

Yep. I'm afraid lack of leadership may be a direct result of the examples made by the coaching staff though.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theebs;2408952 said:
welcome to the club.

It will fall on deaf ears though.

sporano, pasqualoni, bowles and rodgers all suck according to the majority here.

watch how that team plays. Its laughable how much different miami looks and how similar they look like us from a few years ago.

Its really making me mad today. Jerry caters to superstars and he put coaches in place that would cater to them

100% correct. It worked so well for Washington, JJ just had to try it.:D

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
theebs;2409010 said:
oh okay.

except this isnt about the fact that they are better than last years team, its about the fact that they look like a good team. they look better than we do right now.

they installed the blueprint and they are following it. they have good coaches and the players instantly respected them.

Its the polar opposite of Dallas. We are a team with no blueprint anymore and the players look like they couldcare less what the coaches are saying most of the time. IN st.louis they basically laughed at and blew off brian stewart, that would never happen with pasqualoni here. The players had way too much respect for him and bowles and rodgers.

so no only do we see our players blowing off coaches on the sideline, but there are no effects of it. What happens in Dallas when the players turn on a coach? The coach loses control and gets a semi demotion.

This is jerrys fault for not recognizing a good thing when it was right in his lap. He wants superstars over team players and he wants coaches that cater to his handpicked superstars. If the current coaches wont do that, jerry will go get coaches who will.

That is where we are at. And it stinks.

Miami of the wildcat offense. They are better than we are. Wow.

That pretty much sums of most of your arguments. There probably aren't many clubs that would trade organizations and players with Miami right now. Detroit probably would. The Raiders should. Others long term if they consider Parcells their saviour.

But not Dallas.

Now I do have my problems with Jerry and Wade and Garrett. Romo, too.

Your agenda so blinds you, you can't see the forest for the trees.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
StylisticS;2408995 said:
That's the problem. The coaching is not holding them accountable. The same players make the same mistakes week after week whether it's penalties or missed assignments. Wade needs to hold them accountable and he's not doing that so you are actually proving his point.

I'm not proving his point. The players need to be accountable for their own actions. They're not rookies. They've played high school football, they've played college football. You have to be accountable for your own actions. Even when no one holds you accountable though i'd like to believe Jerry does as well as this team as a whole. Guys get chewed out on this team for making a mistake. Whether its from Brian Stewart, Ken Hamlin or Zach Thomas.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
jobberone;2409479 said:
Miami of the wildcat offense. They are better than we are. Wow.

That pretty much sums of most of your arguments. There probably aren't many clubs that would trade organizations and players with Miami right now. Detroit probably would. The Raiders should. Others long term if they consider Parcells their saviour.

But not Dallas.

Now I do have my problems with Jerry and Wade and Garrett. Romo, too.

Your agenda so blinds you, you can't see the forest for the trees.

I didnt say miami was better than us right now.

I find it hillarious how none of you guys have an answer for the defensive players blowing off and basically waving their hand at DC brian stewart on the sideline during the rams game.

why is that allowed? Why does that happen and then during the week, the players are not disciplined but the coach is demoted of his play calling?

when you can explain that to me and explain what other organizations are run where the players call all the shots then please feel free to tell me.

Cause from what I have seen, jerry is in charge and he has destroyed whatever credibility the coaches have here. He put superstars on the roster looking for shortcuts and now we have whiny superstars complaining after every game.

its sad how fast that team mentality eroded away here and it will be sad how long it takes to come back.

but please feel free to tell me how I am blind, please use examples of which other organizations are run this way and then show me which ones are successfull. I dont see any.

this team could get hot and go on a roll. to me that still wont solve what is wrong here long term. I thought all the jerry is running stuff again talk was nonsense from jealous reporters and media people with an agenda. But this year has shown that is not the case, jerry is meddling and he has messed up the teams chemistry with poor decisions and his inability to stay out of the locker room.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2409609 said:
I didnt say miami was better than us right now.

I find it hillarious how none of you guys have an answer for the defensive players blowing off and basically waving their hand at DC brian stewart on the sideline during the rams game.

why is that allowed? Why does that happen and then during the week, the players are not disciplined but the coach is demoted of his play calling?

when you can explain that to me and explain what other organizations are run where the players call all the shots then please feel free to tell me.

Cause from what I have seen, jerry is in charge and he has destroyed whatever credibility the coaches have here. He put superstars on the roster looking for shortcuts and now we have whiny superstars complaining after every game.

its sad how fast that team mentality eroded away here and it will be sad how long it takes to come back.

but please feel free to tell me how I am blind, please use examples of which other organizations are run this way and then show me which ones are successfull. I dont see any.

this team could get hot and go on a roll. to me that still wont solve what is wrong here long term. I thought all the jerry is running stuff again talk was nonsense from jealous reporters and media people with an agenda. But this year has shown that is not the case, jerry is meddling and he has messed up the teams chemistry with poor decisions and his inability to stay out of the locker room.
that is the biggest problem with this team. the players don't respect the coaches cause they all know Jerry is in charge.

StylisticS

Reaction score
rocyaice;2409544 said:
I'm not proving his point. The players need to be accountable for their own actions. They're not rookies. They've played high school football, they've played college football. You have to be accountable for your own actions. Even when no one holds you accountable though i'd like to believe Jerry does as well as this team as a whole. Guys get chewed out on this team for making a mistake. Whether its from Brian Stewart, Ken Hamlin or Zach Thomas.

You sort of are proving his point. I'd like you to find one great coach in the league that does not hold his players accountable? Most coaches that gets the best out of their players challenges them and knows that they have the talent to compete in this league. Afterall, they are in the National Football League for a reason. Now I'm speaking from my observation that I see how the coaches react on the sidelines. I obviously do not know what they do during the week.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
StylisticS;2409726 said:
You sort of are proving his point. I'd like you to find one great coach in the league that does not hold his players accountable? Most coaches that gets the best out of their players challenges them and knows that they have the talent to compete in this league. Afterall, they are in the National Football League for a reason. Now I'm speaking from my observation that I see how the coaches react on the sidelines. I obviously do not know what they do during the week.

Well I never said Wade was a great head coach lol. I don't think this team needs a great coach though. We had a great coach in Parcells and couldn't get out of the 1st round.

StylisticS

Reaction score
rocyaice;2409779 said:
Well I never said Wade was a great head coach lol. I don't think this team needs a great coach though. We had a great coach in Parcells and couldn't get out of the 1st round.

Fair enough and I agree.:starspin