Biggest rival?

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Imo I would say I hate the eagles more than anyone. I will never get over the highlight of when Irvin had his career ended. And the eagles fans were chearing the entire time.
Ditto..

dallasdave

Reaction score
I honestly think Cowboys fans hate Phillys fans more than the team itself. I don't sense a true " hatred" for their players necessarily. Even now, what Eagles players are " easy" to hate? Lane Johnson? Maybe McNabb historically. I mean, their owner isn't in the spotlight. He gives one interview a season. There's also old articles where the owner, mayor, and players ripped the fans for cheering Irvins injury. Do I like them? No. But the hatred for their fans runs deeper than the players themselves.

The last ten years? I've despised the Giants much more. They've been the bigger pain in the rear. I'd argue they were the team that broke the Cowboys spirit for the next decade. They did it on January 13th, 2008.

Commanders? historic rivalry. But I'd argue the Cowboys & Commanders have been the worst run teams in the division for the last two decades. But, they are just...." meh" to me....I mean...does anyone consider them a " threat" to anything?

Packers? Yeah...they are up there for me. I really think these teams could be a top rivalry over the next few years. But, the city itself is unbelievable. Nicest people you'll ever met. The Cowboys may be popular in Dallas. But some may have no idea just how big the Packers are..until you visit. The city's financial well being and moods of citizens depend on how they do. Nonetheless, I'm rambling.

Steelers? I wasn't alive for the SB games. But, has there ever been a SB where there were at least ten or so HOF players on the field simultaneously? But Again, it's not recent enough to really pent up " hate" toward them. Similar to GB, the city's mood depends on the Steelers winning or losing.

49ers? I know they made it to the NFCCG @ Wsh a season later, but the " catch" , in my eyes, was the beginning of one dynasty
49ers), and the end of another ( us). The Landry led Boys were never the same after that. Does anyone else feel as though the Tom Landry led squads were never the same following that? Nonetheless, the 92-94 NFCCG's decided the SB. Pat Summarell said it best before the 94 game in SF: " the SB will be played in two weeks, the pro bowl in three....today, we'll play both!!". I don't think you'll ever see two teams decide a SB in three straight seasons....weeks before it was played. But again, it's more historic than recent.

Overall, It's the Giants, Packers, Eagles, and Skins in that order for me.

One thing all of these teams and us have in common is this: Passionate fans. I think that's what makes rivalries great.
Nice write up :bow: