Bill Belicheat coach

sportsman

Reaction score
Understand this is not to slighting Garrett. But we will agree Bill is a better coach than Garrett. I lead with this being SB weekend. I'm in no means a fan of his. But one could only wonder how many SBs Bill would win if he was coaching the Cowboys. I'm pretty sure we would be in the SB on Sunday. OK, my dream is over.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Guy's an amazing coach. Pretty crazy to think that if it weren't for the Giants he'd be going for his 7th championship ring.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
2016 coach of the year, Jason Garrett.

Kind of hard to believe.

Just goes to show what a posh award it is. Garrett as coach of the year is almost laughable. And knowing that he turned around and completely blew the game for them in the playoffs discredits the award even more. Its basically an award given to whomever the head coach of the team with the best record in the league that had some adversity. Which Howdy Doody basically slipped into. He had no choice but to play Prescott. Never would have done it on his own. Just like that first year with Murray. Two RB's had to get injured that year before the clueless Garrett would start him. Starting Tashard Choice instead of his rookie 3rd round pick.

ghst187

Reaction score
Well belicheat started the first four games without his starting QB and won 3 of 4. He probably would've won all four had he not lost his second string QB also. Garrett won 4 out of 16 games with a pretty good roster in a down division year without his starting QB.
Garrett likes RKGs but he is the WKC

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Acquire talent and play basic football. The Jason Garrett way.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
There should be zero doubts that Belichick is the better coach between the 2..Personallylol
it would be dream to see him land in Dallas, undue all the crap Jerry put on this team and
land us a couple more super bowl titles

is it going to happen? Probably not, but it sure would piss off a lot of Giants
and Patriots fans if it did lol

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Great coach, too bad he feels he needs to cheat in order to win and had zero respect for the game that did so much good for him.

YR

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Garrett doesn't cheat. Bill & his Brady Bunch will be forever known as the Cheaters!
th
i

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great coach, too bad he feels he needs to cheat in order to win and had zero respect for the game that did so much good for him.
I don't get that either. Honestly I don't think he cares. Only thing that matters is winning.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I don't get that either. Honestly I don't think he cares. Only thing that matters is winning.

There's a sense of resentment towards the game that probably stems from him feeling superior intellectually to the rest of the game. He wasn't liked in Cleveland. He would talk to the press back then (he stopped when he came to New England) and he would talk down to the press and be very condescending. And that was back in the 90's when the sports press wasn't tabloid journalism like it is today.

The old story of Parcells ripping into him when they were on the Jets because Belichick called a blitz and it worked doesn't tell the entire story. At the time, Belichick was going to the press behind Parcells' back (major no-no in Parcells world) and would tell them how he was behind all of the play calls that worked and how much of a genius coach he was. What he didn't know is that Parcells would find out about and after that blitz call, Parcells put him in his place in front of the other coaches.

I can understand the frustration with coaches, players and the culture of the league in general. Hell, I think a lot of Belichick's philosophies are pretty archaic and I laugh at teams like the Browns that are supposedly using advanced big data people who don't seem very advanced in analytics to me. But, I certainly wouldn't feel the need to cheat to win.

It reminds of watching Friday Night Tykes where the Outlaws, by pure luck, happened to get the playcall sheet of their opponent in the final game. They didn't need to cheat to win (and I don't think it helped them) and now the perception of them cheating takes away from the talent and hard work of the kids. And nothing is more devastating than just flat out beating your opponent, fair and square. There's no excuses that can justify that.

And as far as disrespecting the game, I don't think that's the proper tact either. You may vehemently disagree with a lot of the things the game does, but if you have that little respect for the game...find a new game or profession to get into.

YR

waving monkey

Reaction score
Well belicheat started the first four games without his starting QB and won 3 of 4. He probably would've won all four had he not lost his second string QB also. Garrett won 4 out of 16 games with a pretty good roster in a down division year without his starting QB.
Garrett likes RKGs but he is the WKC
bsf