Bill Belichick: “Good players can’t overcome bad coaching”

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with that to a point as far as play calling but the fundamentals of blocking and tackling and ball protection, that's on the players.

bewp7

Reaction score
yes and good coaching can overcome lesser talent, just look at brian flores and his staff with the dolphins. that team is out talented every single week and they still win games and are competitive. cowboys are the exact opposite!

snadler

Reaction score
I agree with that to a point as far as play calling but the fundamentals of blocking and tackling and ball protection, that's on the players.

maybe, but also it can be coached properly even at the pro level, watch the documentary. Amazing how when pats lose, first think both do after a loss is the coach blames himself. Ever hear JG take blame for a loss?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man how true a statement from him on the HBO documentary, and how spot on that is for this team and JG..both he and Saban spoke at length about this fact, and all I could think about is how many times that could be said about the Boys

I hope the last few Garrett apologists will take the opportunity to watch that documentary and listen to that statement, right before they follow their hero out the door!
:laugh:

MetalMike

Reaction score
Man how true a statement from him on the HBO documentary, and how spot on that is for this team and JG..both he and Saban spoke at length about this fact, and all I could think about is how many times that could be said about the Boys
Wish I had a 'like' button so I could like this comment. So true.