Bill Cowher gets in HOF before Jimmy Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Jerry deserved it 100% and it’s not even close. Jerry basically changed how teams market he’s made the league billions of dollars and made the Cowboys a multi billion dollar organization. He made the Cowboys a brand, and not just a team he was also part of those 3 SB and nobody can take that from him. All of that added up is HOF worthy my man.
So he basically makes it more and more difficult for the middle class to be able to attend a game and made football a brand rather than an entertaining product we could all escape to for a brief period in our otherwise mundane, chaotic lives.

Thanks, Jerry.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
So he basically makes it more and more difficult for the middle class to be able to attend a game and made football a brand rather than an entertaining product we could all escape to for a brief period in our otherwise mundane, chaotic lives.

Thanks, Jerry.
Pretty much. And the Cowboys were already a brand. I wonder if he would have had the same luck if he bought the Chargers like he tried to do at first? Jerry's been an awful owner and GM ever since Jimmy left. I give him credit for those 3 SB's only as regards that he hired Jimmy and deferred to him. As far as the HOF stuff that's because he makes the owners a lot of money and might have been innovated in certain things involving the league. Nothing to do with his role with the Cowboys though.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Pretty much. And the Cowboys were already a brand. I wonder if he would have had the same luck if he bought the Chargers like he tried to do at first? Jerry's been an awful owner and GM ever since Jimmy left. I give him credit for those 3 SB's only as regards that he hired Jimmy and deferred to him. As far as the HOF stuff that's because he makes the owners a lot of money and might have been innovated in certain things involving the league. Nothing to do with his role with the Cowboys though.
Well said..........

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
How in the world does this make sense?
He nearly doubled Jimmy's win total and spent 20 years coaching in the NFL.

Dallas fans want Jimmy in for a 3 year stretch of success which is a blip on the radar.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The nfl loves the stealers. That's why they gave them their last two superbowls.

Then they must REALLY love the Patriots, except when they play Mara's Giants of course.

All these years I thought Dallas was being held back by Jerry's incompetence. :huh:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Then they must REALLY love the Patriots, except when they play Mara's Giants of course.

All these years I thought Dallas was being held back by Jerry's incompetence. :huh:

I dont really have an issue with the Pat's sb wins.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Yes Cowher got in first because no one wants to face his wrath face to face. That guy sprays his words like a 360 degree sprinkler. You have to wear boots, coat and head rain gear like a fisherman when you talk to Cowher.

Status
Not open for further replies.