Bill Cowher

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
zrinkill;2333201 said:
Dumb comparison.

Bill Parcells has no loyalty to anything as a coach.

He was a Giant

then a Patriot

then a Jet

then a Cowboy

Now a Dolphin

Cowher was a Steeler for 14 years. He is a legend for that team.

I just do not see it.

With all due respect... the only thing that is "dumb" is stating that he wouldnt take the HC job as the Dallas Cowboys.

If anything, he gets to be a coach to lead TWO legendary/storied franchises to SB.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Give me one reason why Bill Cowher would work for Jerry Jones.

Just 1.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
YoMick;2333430 said:
With all due respect... the only thing that is "dumb" is stating that he wouldnt take the HC job as the Dallas Cowboys.

If anything, he gets to be a coach to lead TWO legendary/storied franchises to SB.

With all due respect ..... I said I cannot see it.

He loves the people of Pittsburgh .... I think he is waiting to go back there.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
And are you sure Cowher would put up with your fave TO? I'm not.

Jimmy johnson said yesterday out of the wr's in the league he wouldnt want to coach or have anything to do with Terrell Owens.

Couple owens with pacman and Jerry Jones and I see no coach in the upper echelon of coaches wanting anything to do with this team.

To be honest I wouldnt be suprised if Garrett splits this year. He is intelligent and he must know working for jerry can not be good for his career.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
theebs;2333452 said:
Jimmy johnson said yesterday out of the wr's in the league he wouldnt want to coach or have anything to do with Terrell Owens.

Couple owens with pacman and Jerry Jones and I see no coach in the upper echelon of coaches wanting anything to do with this team.

To be honest I wouldnt be suprised if Garrett splits this year. He is intelligent and he must know working for jerry can not be good for his career.

Glass half empty today?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2333456 said:
Lots of $$$$$$$$$$

I know you find this hard to believe, But I dont think money will have anything to do with cowher getting hired.

He is going to get a huge payday if he decides to coach again no matter where he goes.

and people are all forgetting. The entire front office and staff are going to be cleaned out in cleveland at the end of this year and that is where cowher will end up. He will have say in everything.

I dont believe there is any amount of money that could make cowher work for Jerry.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
theebs;2333441 said:
Give me one reason why Bill Cowher would work for Jerry Jones.

Just 1.

big dog cowboy;2333456 said:
Lots of $$$$$$$$$$

That was answer #1.

Here is answer #1a.

We are the Dallas Cowboys. Cowhere is not stupid. Its the crem della crem of the NFL. The "Big Room" as Parcell's put it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
YoMick;2333538 said:
That was answer #1.

Here is answer #1a.

We are the Dallas Cowboys. Cowhere is not stupid. Its the crem della crem of the NFL. The "Big Room" as Parcell's put it.

This area does not fit cowhers personality at all. His style of play does not fit this current team.

and again, there is zero chance he would consider coming here and having to deal with Jerry. He was one of the main cogs in trading burress. Ben R. complained he was making the offense too conservative and not taking chances.....

Cowher likes to be surrounded by Team Players who bust their butt for the good of the team. This current roster is a team full of heroes who look in the other direction when blame needs to be placed and when they are called out they lose their mind.

Cowher aint coming here. No way no how.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
theebs;2333557 said:
This area does not fit cowhers personality at all. His style of play does not fit this current team.

and again, there is zero chance he would consider coming here and having to deal with Jerry. He was one of the main cogs in trading burress. Ben R. complained he was making the offense too conservative and not taking chances.....

Cowher likes to be surrounded by Team Players who bust their butt for the good of the team. This current roster is a team full of heroes who look in the other direction when blame needs to be placed and when they are called out they lose their mind.

Cowher aint coming here. No way no how.

I am not really even for it... but for you to say "zero chance"... is... at the very least funny.....

"If history has shown us anything.... any coach, any player could end up anywhere" - - There is more truth to THAT than your "zero chance"

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Didn't it take Bill Cowher over 10 years to finally win the big one? If that were the case then the fans would want him out after 2 years. Look at Wade for an example.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2333485 said:
I know you find this hard to believe, But I dont think money will have anything to do with cowher getting hired.

He is going to get a huge payday if he decides to coach again no matter where he goes.

and people are all forgetting. The entire front office and staff are going to be cleaned out in cleveland at the end of this year and that is where cowher will end up. He will have say in everything.

I dont believe there is any amount of money that could make cowher work for Jerry.

*shrugs* Bill P was going through a nasty divorce(and was shacking up with a girlfriend 1/2 his age) at the time he came here.

Pt being that while I don't know this for sure, $$$$ was probably one of the reasons that lured him here.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2333732 said:
*shrugs* Bill P was going through a nasty divorce(and was shacking up with a girlfriend 1/2 his age) at the time he came here.

Pt being that while I don't know this for sure, $$$$ was probably one of the reasons that lured him here.

yeah thats it.

Reaction score
zrinkill;2333443 said:
With all due respect ..... I said I cannot see it.

He loves the people of Pittsburgh .... I think he is waiting to go back there.

So much that he would probably take the Carolina job if it came available

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2333761 said:
Seriously-what made Bill P want to work for a meddling owner?

Because Jerry conceded to him.

Plain and simple. Parcells called the shots and brought in his people and his players. Jerry knew he had destroyed this franchise. Unfortunately he doesnt learn from his mistakes and if he isnt careful he can ruin a good team very quickly.

Jerry will never do that again because parcells didnt win a superbowl.

All of the coaches that will come here in the near future will be guys that cater to the offense and romo. Not a blue collar, hyper intensive, grind the ball and clock and kick your butt on defense, make no excuses coach.

How would it play right now if cowher went to the podium and ripped this team yesterday for playing like they have accomplished something and then 5 minutes later jerry huddles all the media around and says 4-2 is great, I never thought we would be 4-2 in the summer with this schedule having to play a tough game at arizona.

that undermines a coach and sends the wrong message. He can do that now with this staff because they all know their place. Jerry is at the top.

When parcells was here, players answered to parcells and his staff. Now players especially rookies all answer to jerry again.

No good coach will work for Jerry Jones. Jerry Jones will never hire a control freak again.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2333789 said:
Because Jerry conceded to him.

Plain and simple. Parcells called the shots and brought in his people and his players. Jerry knew he had destroyed this franchise. Unfortunately he doesnt learn from his mistakes and if he isnt careful he can ruin a good team very quickly.

Jerry will never do that again because parcells didnt win a superbowl.

All of the coaches that will come here in the near future will be guys that cater to the offense and romo. Not a blue collar, hyper intensive, grind the ball and clock and kick your butt on defense, make no excuses coach.

How would it play right now if cowher went to the podium and ripped this team yesterday for playing like they have accomplished something and then 5 minutes later jerry huddles all the media around and says 4-2 is great, I never thought we would be 4-2 in the summer with this schedule having to play a tough game at arizona.

that undermines a coach and sends the wrong message. He can do that now with this staff because they all know their place. Jerry is at the top.

When parcells was here, players answered to parcells and his staff. Now players especially rookies all answer to jerry again.

No good coach will work for Jerry Jones. Jerry Jones will never hire a control freak again.

No knock on you, but when we were 3-0, you nor any of the other voices of reasons were saying any of this. Why wait 'till now after a couple of losses?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2333803 said:
No knock on you, but when we were 3-0, you nor any of the other voices of reasons were saying any of this. Why wait 'till now after a couple of losses?

I have been singing this same tune for a while. Except now there are less
"we are going to dominate"

"we will go undefeated"

"We will beat washington 49-10"

"The giants suck"

"we are more talented"

"no one can play with us when we are on"

threads.

I have been saying it for awhile. We are a good team, not a great one and the talent is vastly overrated. On top of that this team is looking for some semblance of discipline from anyone in the organization but it is not there. The core of this group came up with parcells and his staffs heavy handed ways and no matter how much complaining from the players, media or fans about parcells ways there is, the players on this team are looking for that discipline and that structure....and its long gone. And in its place is Jerry's we are a bunch of stars program which leads to hard knocks and cheerleaders at practice.

and another thing I have preached a million times on here. To quote phil simms, think what you want about him but he has seen this first hand.....

"when the players complain about how tough the coach is, its a sign you need tougher players and not softer coaches"

fits this team to a tee.