Bill Parcells' NFL Draft Confidential w Bill Polian must-viewing at 10 ET tonight

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
CATCH17;4523152 said:
LoLLL He has Brockers as his top DT/NT

NFL people LOVE Brockers

He has Devon Still 2nd and Cox 3rd

Did you see Burfict at top 2nd round? :lmao:

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
CATCH17;4523152 said:

NFL people LOVE Brockers

He has Devon Still 2nd and Cox 3rd

I'm no expert and these guys are but what am I missing with Brockers that they love?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Wow, puts Chase Minnifield as a 1st round caliber CB. Would play a base defense with 3 CBs and 1 Safety, and try to stop the run with his front 7.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
After tonight I wish like hell he would of took the Saints gig.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
McClellin is top of the FIFTH!!! OOps I looked at it wrong.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Lists Matt Matt Suhey's son as a sleeper and puts Chase Minnifield in the late 1st. Parcells is a sucker for kids of former good NFL players.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Dash28;4523186 said:
I'm no expert and these guys are but what am I missing with Brockers that they love?

The same thing they saw in Tyron Smith ... one of the youngest players in the draft with gigantic frame and freakish long arms.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He also has Gilmore as the 2nd best corner and had Coples rated pretty high. He had a red flag on Poe. Some of the guys on his board might of seemed a bit out of place but it also comes down to scheme. I think BP wanted big DEs who can occupy space so his OLBs could fly around making plays. That might be a bit antiquated in today's football where teams are throwing the ball more.

I like that he set up his own board instead of just regurgitating the same rankings that are flying all over the internet.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Couple has-beens that haven't been good at their job in decades.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Doomsday;4523214 said:
He also has Gilmore as the 2nd best corner and had Coples rated pretty high. He had a red flag on Poe. Some of the guys on his board might of seemed a bit out of place but it also comes down to scheme. I think BP wanted big DEs who can occupy space so his OLBs could fly around making plays. That might be a bit antiquated in today's football where teams are throwing the ball more.

I like that he set up his own board instead of just regurgitating the same rankings that are flying all over the internet.

He said he would go to a base defense that only utilized 1 safety and 3 CBs so you can play cover man on 1st down when teams split you out wide. You got to have front 7 guys who can hold at the point of attack to keep from getting exploited against the run if you're going to go with that.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Parcells is the same guy that Jacob Rogers was a player and thought spears was better than ware. Oh and he passed on Steven Jackson to take Julius jones. BP is a good coach but not much of a scout.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Teague31;4523220 said:
Parcells is the same guy that Jacob Rogers was a player and thought spears was better than ware. Oh and he passed on Steven Jackson to take Julius jones. BP is a good coach but not much of a scout.
Actually, he's not much of a coach, but he's an okay scout. Being a good scout doesn't mean getting every decision right. He just has a set of parameters and picks players within those parameters. All those picks aren't going to pan out, but a high enough percentage will to win games.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Teague31;4523220 said:

I dont think any coach should be the GM of a football team. It is too much work for one person. Yes the coach should have strong input but in the end you have to rely on your scouts to find the type of players that fit your scheme.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Teague31;4523220 said:

I'm sure you could play this game with anyone who has been in the business as long as he has.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
CATCH17;4523229 said:
I'm sure you could play this game with anyone who has been in the business as long as he has.

Exactly, plus people always talk about the misses. What about the 2005 draft?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CATCH17;4523152 said:

Haha, just as expected...

Could you see his board like last year? I really wanted to see this but I got caught up in watching Yu Darvish take the Yankees to school.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Chocolate Lab;4523262 said:

Could you see his board like last year? I really wanted to see this but I got caught up in watching Yu Darvish take the Yankees to school.

Same here - I would switch over during commercials but quickly return to the Rangers game.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4523262 said:

hey i was proud of my own war room and sleeper pick because parcells mentioned cody pearcy wr, :) I even asked bryan broaddus and talking cowboys about cody pearcy today. :D

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Teague31;4523220 said:

:laugh2: at people who say this. About the only time the Cowboys personnel decisions have not been absolute vomit for nearly 20 years was during Parcells' time.