Bill Parcells' NFL Draft Confidential w Bill Polian must-viewing at 10 ET tonight

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Double Trouble;4523293 said:
:laugh2: at people who say this. About the only time the Cowboys personnel decisions have not been absolute vomit for nearly 20 years was during Parcells' time.

2006 draft was absolute vomit.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Parcells cut his teeth evaluating players under the wing of George Young. That's where he gets his rules of thumb and heuristics. A lot of those same rules of thumb and heuristics are still being used in the NFL today, especially by the two teams that played in the Superbowl last year. Belichick's board might differ on a few players, but overall I bet it's stacked pretty similar.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I always laugh at the attempts to bash Parcells.

He won 10 games in Dallas with Quincy and Hambrick. Any questions about his coaching ability should go out the door there.

Did he have misses? Sure. So did Landry and Jimmy. Belichick has had his fair share too. It happens.

The arrow was pointing up when Parcells was here. It turned back down under Phillips. I just hope part of what Parcells brought to Dallas was a change in culture that is still being implemented today.