Bills are releasing C Mitch Morse

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Is he better than TB? If so what’s the cost? Good be a decent replacement.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
only 8.5 mils, a pro bowl selection an the bills releasing him?

anybody knows more about the player? must be a problem somewhere.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Pro Bowl!!!! I kid I kid...Since Tyler also made the Pro Bowl I don't put much credence into that. Was due $8.5M this year so huge part of why he was cut.
Looks like they are going to start McGovern at Center.

Mr_437

Reaction score
These teams are looking at the Centers in this draft, and saving some money by letting these vets walk.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Man nobody watches the Bills play on this site don't listen to anyone on the matter lol. Especially the center position lol.

Bills forum seem to be happy he's gone, shocked, indifferent....all over the place lol. I guess that's the center position for you. They talk about him like he's Biadicz lol.

Conner Mcgovern is taking his spot lol. Interesting lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
64.1 PFF score, 1 sack allowed, 5 penalties

Biadasz was 68.6, 3 penalties and 3 sacks allowed
People saying he's a upgrade....not entirely sure they know what they say lol. And he may be. But at 8 million to cut a starting center in favor of Conner McGovern? Seems like he's replaceable. I'd prefer to have better than that.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Looking it up, he's going on his 10th year in the league. Wow. I knew he was a vet, but not that old of a vet.

Radiashun

Reaction score
I believe the Bills have one of the the worst cap situations in the league.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Sounds like a Biadsz clone, good pass protector, not a great run blocker. He's a little older, so would think he won't command quite as much. Worth exploring as a replacement though with some open competition.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/23/pro-football-focus-buffalo-bills-mitch-morse-2/
The article is using info from pff rankings. (info is also from the 2022 season)

8. CONNOR WILLIAMS, MIAMI DOLPHINS

This past season was Williams' first full season at center, and he certainly impressed with his career-high 78.5 PFF grade. It wouldn’t be fair to put that improvement exclusively down to the move to center though, as Williams improved throughout his career at guard with the Dallas Cowboys before that. At just 26 years old with five seasons under his belt, it wouldn’t be a shock to see his ranking jump a few spots next year.

14. MITCH MORSE, BUFFALO BILLS

Morse isn’t great as a run blocker, as he hasn’t topped 60.0 in PFF run blocking grade since 2019, but he is a really reliable pass blocker. In his eight-year career, Morse has finished every season with a 70.0-plus PFF pass-blocking grade. At worst, he is a top-15 center entering 2023 on the back of his pass protection alone.

24. TYLER BIADASZ, DALLAS COWBOYS

Both Biadasz’s PFF pass- and run-blocking grades took a dip in 2022 after a pretty encouraging first year as a full-time starter in 2021. His 60.5 PFF grade in 2022 saw him end the season as the 24th highest-graded center in the league.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-center-rankings-top-32-ahead-of-the-2023-nfl-season