Bills are releasing C Mitch Morse

Rayman70

Reaction score
Looking it up, he's going on his 10th year in the league. Wow. I knew he was a vet, but not that old of a vet.
10 YEARS? WOW Time flies. I may have to rethink this. It could be he's retiring. Maybe thats why he was released.

Carson

Reaction score
Is he an upgrade over Biadasz? I say yes.

But it’s a moot point because he’s going to want at least 6-8 per and we won’t offer that.

stiletto

Reaction score
The Cowboys aren't signing decent guys in FA. Might as well forget it. They want to get their starters from the draft especially OL.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Way better only releasing because of the cap
Check the bills forums and subs.

They’re not bothered by him leaving.

This is one of those “he’s better cause he’s not a Cowboy” things.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Pro Bowl!!!! I kid I kid...Since Tyler also made the Pro Bowl I don't put much credence into that. Was due $8.5M this year so huge part of why he was cut.
Looks like they are going to start McGovern at Center.
Tyler deserved the Pro-Bowl... you don't think he did??? WOW!!!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Man nobody watches the Bills play on this site don't listen to anyone on the matter lol. Especially the center position lol.

Bills forum seem to be happy he's gone, shocked, indifferent....all over the place lol. I guess that's the center position for you. They talk about him like he's Biadicz lol.

Conner Mcgovern is taking his spot lol. Interesting lol.

I live in WNY. Usually watch the Bills if the Cowboys arent on at the same time. He isnt even as good as Biadasz

He is the kind of move the Cowboys would make though

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Looks like they are going to start McGovern at Center.
What makes you think that?

McGovern & Torrence solidified their G's.

I suspect they have someone in mind or believe the draft holds an answer.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
The article is using info from pff rankings. (info is also from the 2022 season)

8. CONNOR WILLIAMS, MIAMI DOLPHINS

This past season was Williams' first full season at center, and he certainly impressed with his career-high 78.5 PFF grade. It wouldn’t be fair to put that improvement exclusively down to the move to center though, as Williams improved throughout his career at guard with the Dallas Cowboys before that. At just 26 years old with five seasons under his belt, it wouldn’t be a shock to see his ranking jump a few spots next year.

14. MITCH MORSE, BUFFALO BILLS

Morse isn’t great as a run blocker, as he hasn’t topped 60.0 in PFF run blocking grade since 2019, but he is a really reliable pass blocker. In his eight-year career, Morse has finished every season with a 70.0-plus PFF pass-blocking grade. At worst, he is a top-15 center entering 2023 on the back of his pass protection alone.

24. TYLER BIADASZ, DALLAS COWBOYS

Both Biadasz’s PFF pass- and run-blocking grades took a dip in 2022 after a pretty encouraging first year as a full-time starter in 2021. His 60.5 PFF grade in 2022 saw him end the season as the 24th highest-graded center in the league.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-center-rankings-top-32-ahead-of-the-2023-nfl-season
Well if this is the case than tb should only cost around 2-3 mil per.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’d strive for a top of the line center.

Of course you want that everywhere but center is an important position.

Things got better once Fred arrived and they have struggled to get back there since he has been gone.

Yeah I know about points and yards and stats or whatever….but I mean actually controlling the LOS and the clock. Running the ball consistently.

That made the 14 and 16 teams look better than they actually were.

This player does not need a 20-25 million a year contract, in fact pick 24 seems perfect to make it happen.