Birddog26 R.I.P

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Sad news indeed. Always enjoyed reading his opinions. Remember when I thought he was Jason Garrett's dad lol

Centex

Reaction score
Sad.
I hope this is an appropriate time to address this and I apologize if I am out of line....

From his link it appears Birddog passed away from colon cancer. I am a colon cancer survivor. When I turned 50 I had a colonoscopy and they found it at stage two. Caught early it has a high survival rate. There are often little or no symptoms Please, please please put aside the fears of the colonoscopy being an unpleasant deal and go get it when youre supposed to. Having no symptoms is irrelevant. By the time you have symptoms it's a lot harder to deal with.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am not sure where this belongs but I'm sure many of you followed him on Twitter.
It appears he has sadly passed away.
His wife has posted on his account today informing us of his passing.

He had lots of great insight and info.
Sad news

Oh wow. I'm very sorry to hear that. RIP to him. Prayers to him and his family.

nobody

Reaction score
Sad.
I hope this is an appropriate time to address this and I apologize if I am out of line....

From his link it appears Birddog passed away from colon cancer. I am a colon cancer survivor. When I turned 50 I had a colonoscopy and they found it at stage two. Caught early it has a high survival rate. There are often little or no symptoms Please, please please put aside the fears of the colonoscopy being an unpleasant deal and go get it when youre supposed to. Having no symptoms is irrelevant. By the time you have symptoms it's a lot harder to deal with.

Nowadays, the hardest part of the colonoscopy is the grueling purge the night before. You go in the next morning, they sedate you, and then you wake up, done. There's really nothing to fear and no excuse not to do it.

Thanks for pointing out the need to do that.

RIP, Birddog26. I'm sure it's a trying time for his family.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reminder .. we do not allow the promotion of Go Fund Me or other similar fund raising services on this site!

We implemented this policy years ago because we do not want to be in the position of deciding which fund raising, charities, etc. are allowed and which ones are not.

This includes linking to sites or pages that promote fund raising and/or providing instructions on how to do it.

Last edited:

stiletto

Reaction score
Nowadays, the hardest part of the colonoscopy is the grueling purge the night before. You go in the next morning, they sedate you, and then you wake up, done. There's really nothing to fear and no excuse not to do it.

Thanks for pointing out the need to do that.

RIP, Birddog26. I'm sure it's a trying time for his family.

Birddog was a good one. Sad to hear of his passing.

I agree, it really is not a bad procedure, just the night before have a good book or tablet ready for the bathroom time. Definitely the brutal part. Had to have one when I was 40 for suspected IBD. Came out good, no issues, definitely a piece of mind and if you are over 50 definitely get it done. Younger for sure if family history.

Also suggest getting a Cardiac 3D CT where they scan your major arteries like the "widow-maker" for Calcium if you have the means. Medical technology is pretty awesome nowadays. Silly not to get things looked at.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
I am not sure where this belongs but I'm sure many of you followed him on Twitter.
It appears he has sadly passed away.
His wife has posted on his account today informing us of his passing.

He had lots of great insight and info.
Sad news

Very sad. He had great insight. RIP

yimyammer

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out who this guy is for years, does anyone know his name, who he was, etc?