Biscuit to ILB?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;2430995 said:
anybody besides me missing Roy and wish we had him this year? i think he'd help the defense out a lot.. he's much, much better than Keith Davis and Patrick Watkins and Courtney Brown.. and he worked so hard this offseason and seemed to be really motivated and focused on becoming an aggressive, impact hard-hitting player again..

the frustrating thing is that finally, after all these years, it seems like we may start attacking on defense, which is where Roy would have shined.. with the corners playing more physical this last game and Newman blanketing the other team's best man and Wade finally calling the defensive plays, i think if Roy were healthy he'd be able to attack the LOS more.. and he looked really aggressive and seemed to be making a lot of good hits in preseason and the first couple of regular season games.. he was even playing on special teams again, cause he's a team player..

i for one hope he's back next year.. he really does love being a Cowboy and Jerry really loves him and you know how he's loyal.. because Roy doesn't really seem to be all about the money, i really could see him reworking his deal if that's what it came to..
Roy Williams is not the same player from his rookie year to 2005. Keith Davis had more big hits in the Commander game than Roy has had all year. also you notice tightends don't seem to kill us anymore without Bambi. the guy is not a football player anymore.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Roy would get killed playing any LB spot in the 3-4. He might be able to pull off playing the Will spot if we were a 4-3 team. Unfortunately we are not.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
rocyaice;2430839 said:
I'd like to have Roy play closer to the line. I guess ILB is a way to do that. Its going to be a difficult transition though.

The guy weighs 230. If he gets much heavier than that, he'll lose whatever mobility he has left.

Roy is a great safety IN THE BOX. But that means he's the 8th guy up there, and chances of him taking on linemen are very slim.

The guy could probably barely play OLB in a 4-3...much less MLB in the 4-3, let alone the 3-4.

He's probably done with us after this year.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
adbutcher;2431790 said:
Roy would get killed playing any LB spot in the 3-4. He might be able to pull off playing the Will spot if we were a 4-3 team. Unfortunately we are not.

I think it possible for him to play Burnett's role although I personally have strong doubts. He could cover better than Burnett...marginally....maybe. But it wouldn't take long for teams to design plays to beat him. I just don't think he is strong or fast enough to play even the nickle/dime LB in our scheme.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
adbutcher;2431790 said:
Here's a man who gets it.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
dalsyk;2430838 said:
He can not tackle anymore! He just throws his shoulder out there and hopes for the best! He does not wrap up.
He never did. the guy needs to be free to roam around like bob sanders. he does not fit our scheme at all.

Section446

Reaction score
Roy Williams won't be here next year (thank god) so it won't matter.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
dalsyk;2430838 said:
He can not tackle anymore! He just throws his shoulder out there and hopes for the best! He does not wrap up.

I would take a Roy "Biscuit" Williams thrown shoulder over a Ken "Can't Wrap" Hamlin thrown shoulder ANY DAY.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Rampage;2431690 said:
Roy Williams is not the same player from his rookie year to 2005. Keith Davis had more big hits in the Commander game than Roy has had all year. also you notice tightends don't seem to kill us anymore without Bambi. the guy is not a football player anymore.

so very true...