Bittersweet win?

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
This does not make up for the 3-5 start. A huge part of that is garret. We'll see at atlanta next week if this team has what it takes to keep this going.

No playoffs = no excuse to keep garret or linehan.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I just think of Philly fans with the echoes of the Rocky theme ringing over and over in their confused diseased heads.

I will sleep goooooood tonight.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Listen if we can make the playoffs and Jerry wants to justify keeping garret i still won't like it at all, but i could accept his reasoning. We've seen this show before, we win games were not supposed to and then don't show up down the stretch.

Next week in atlanta and then three straight home games. Even though one is against New Orleans. I think this defense can matchup with any offense, its just can we score enough points and will we stay aggressive. The time is now to be consistent.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
its a win and a win over the eagles I will take it every time regardless all I ever want is for the boys to win

Johnny23

Reaction score
Not having a draft pick ruins any hope I would have after a loss. So I am thankful for any win we can get, even if it doesn’t mean anything at the end of the year. It would hurt to bad having a top 10 pick and seeing a franchise type defensive end just sitting there in our spot.
It's going to hurt because one of the Clemson 4 Cliellen Ferrell is that dude. As well as a franchise 3 Tech in Ed Oliver. That'll be top ten. We're about to hit the hardest stretch of the season and potentially could be 4-9 going into indy,Bucs,New York stretch to end the season. Or we could 8-5 and the frontrunner in the division. Or 6-7 or 5-8, or-7-6 barely holding on playing mediocre ball.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Still plenty of time for this team to embarrass themselves and for Garrett to screw up. This is actually good news - firing Garrett now serves no purpose. Teams tend to play harder when an interim HC takes over, like in 2010 so I wouldn't want them to judge the future based on a misleading performance. When we finish the season 7-9 including some big losses in December, that's when Garrett will be done and we'll be celebrating

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Not having a draft pick ruins any hope I would have after a loss. So I am thankful for any win we can get, even if it doesn’t mean anything at the end of the year. It would hurt to bad having a top 10 pick and seeing a franchise type defensive end just sitting there in our spot.
:hammer:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sure many fans hate it cuz it could be the jump-start to Garrett staying but damn how can you NOT like beating the Eagles at home. I'll take that every day, even if it means Garrett gets an extension.

I agree. Garrett isn't going anywhere anyway. This type of win is about all we can hope for these days.

To me, this was an amazing coached game, but it actually proved exactly what Garrett needs to go. This was so the opposite of the way he coaches. If he coached like this on a regular basis, I would have no issues.

roughneck266

Reaction score
Sure many fans hate it cuz it could be the jump-start to Garrett staying but damn how can you NOT like beating the Eagles at home. I'll take that every day, even if it means Garrett gets an extension.
Yeah, I am not bitter about it one bit. It is sweet.

DezNuts

Reaction score
We still finishing at best 8-8, JG will be gone after this season. We have to go 7-0 or 6-1 to make playoffs imo and that is not happening with this coaching and Qb. Not worried at all

stiletto

Reaction score
I agree. Garrett isn't going anywhere anyway. This type of win is about all we can hope for these days.

To me, this was an amazing coached game, but it actually proved exactly what Garrett needs to go. This was so the opposite of the way he coaches. If he coached like this on a regular basis, I would have no issues.

I couldn't agree more. If Garrett coached like this every week, balls to the wall, don't care attitude...I would support him 100%..... this is honestly how I thought he would be when he took over for Wade Phillips but he was just..well...WADE in a different body.. Why couldn't he bee like this every week? He has deserved to be fired. This type of game makes me want him to change but if probably won't happen.

Aven8

Reaction score
We are a mess on offense. The Eagles looked done. No way we blocked that well.