Blake Jarwin or Dalton Schultz

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cut Jarwin, designate as a june 1st cut so his dead money is 1million and we save 5.2 in 2022. Pay schultz, and while he should be a bigger name I am gonna bet we can get his contract for about 8 million a year, let stephen do some magic and make it work he's a must sign.

kskboys

Reaction score
i think Cowboys only gonna be willing to pay so much for Schultz.
Contrary to what some want to convince themselves about Schultz, he's not a perennial pro bowl type.
He's not one to juke, shake and separate from man coverage on a regular basis
- He's a product of the system that allows him to sit well in soft zone coverage and off play action fakes and roll outs.
I think he seems to be more adept at knowing how to position himself in catching in zone coverages than Jarwin.- and he's a more decent in-line blocker than Blake.
Because of that particularly knack for the pass game, in how he's used, he's become a nice security blanket for Dak.

- Dunno how much of Jarwin's recovery plays into his reps, but he's not as tough, gritty and reliable as Schultz
Assuming Blake will return to previous form, he has athleticism and vertical ability over Schultz, but i think he's soft and plays too much of a finesse element to his game.

- That being said, i think Cowboys are only gonna offer and willing to pay so much for Dalton, and some other NFL team will eventually over-pay for his services in Free Agency.
I could be wrong, we overpaid for Crawford and Jourdan Lewis.

- And there could be at least one or two players in our FA class that we will overpay to keep and at least couple or 3 contributing key FAs that we will allow to walk.
That's exactly what he's been doing.

Schultz is much more athletic than Jarwin. By a large margin. Jarwin is merely faster, and that's it. Schultz trumps him in every other way.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Cut Jarwin, designate as a june 1st cut so his dead money is 1million and we save 5.2 in 2022. Pay schultz, and while he should be a bigger name I am gonna bet we can get his contract for about 8 million a year, let stephen do some magic and make it work he's a must sign.
Why would he take 8m. When Jonnu Smith signed 4/50m with the Pats and Hunter Henry signed 3/37.5m

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Schultz is on pace for a 1,000 yards. He’s going to be paid. Probably in the 13 mil per year range. Barwin is gone and they will franchise him if they can’t get a long term deal done.

kskboys

Reaction score
I love Schultz. Mancrush.

Basically, to me it comes down to Schultz himself. If he holds out for max contract, you gotta let him walk. If he's reasonable, sign him long term.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Why would he take 8m. When Jonnu Smith signed 4/50m with the Pats and Hunter Henry signed 3/37.5m
They will find a way to at least franchise him. They’re going to pay him eventually. I’d be shocked if they let him walk.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love Schultz. Mancrush.

Basically, to me it comes down to Schultz himself. If he holds out for max contract, you gotta let him walk. If he's reasonable, sign him long term.

There is certainly an amount you have to let him walk. i just hope stephen atleast has a conversation rather than just assume like he sometimes does. If schultz signs a team friendly deal for another team i will be highly pissed and Dak should be too.

quickccc

Reaction score
That's exactly what he's been doing.

Schultz is much more athletic than Jarwin. By a large margin. Jarwin is merely faster, and that's it. Schultz trumps him in every other way.

Disagree.
Schultz isn't a big one on one separation guy.
But his fan base wants to make him like that. He seems to take advantage of the WR drawn attention to position himself in soft zones and play action rollout openings.
Because he does it so efficiently and regularity, fans think or want to insist that he's Witten 2.0.

Not sure of what you're talking about with ..Schultz more athletic but Jarwin more faster ...
Can you elaborate more ..? .

Jarntt

Reaction score
Schultz has been fantastic, but the last 3 weeks he has dropped a handful of passes that he should have caught and a few of them were huge drops and yesterday's (yes it was a bad pass but was catchable) was almost a pick 6.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I just don't see Schultz as getting something similar. Maybe after this year. Hell they tried starting Jarwin ahead of him all camp and to start the year so not even this staff wanted to believe in him. He's continuing to have a 2nd great year in a row but just stating to make noise. All depends on how GM's see him. If they see him as a wr type they'll pay and if not they may not offer as much as you'd think.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Schultz reminds me of a young Witten. Not the fastest, not the most athletic, but he knows how to play the game and get open. I’m not saying he’s as good as Witten, just that his style reminds me of him.

kskboys

Reaction score
Disagree.
Schultz isn't a big one on one separation guy.
But his fan base wants to make him like that. He seems to take advantage of the WR drawn attention to position himself in soft zones and play action rollout openings.
Because he does it so efficiently and regularity, fans think or want to insist that he's Witten 2.0.

Not sure of what you're talking about with Schultz more athletic but Jarwin more faster ...
Can you elaborate more ..? .
Better moves, smoother, much better agility.

Why would you think Jarwin is more athletic? He looks awkward out there.

Schultz gets open consistently, but doesn't create separation. Think about what you're saying, man. Have you watched that slipper ysucker w/ the ball? Dude has moves upon moves.

kskboys

Reaction score
Schultz has been fantastic, but the last 3 weeks he has dropped a handful of passes that he should have caught and a few of them were huge drops and yesterday's (yes it was a bad pass but was catchable) was almost a pick 6.
And that is true. It must be cleaned up. Schultz has to learn that there's a time to go down. I think he gets too excited at times, I'm not sure about why the drops.

Hardline

Reaction score
Keep Jarwin if we have 17 games with the Giants on the schedule.
Keep Schultz if you dont.