Blake Jarwin or Dalton Schultz

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I guarantee you if Schultz walks he gets at least 13 mil per year. He’s not Kittles, Kelce, or Andrews. But hard to argue that she shouldn’t be paid in line with what Henry received from the Pats.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Drafting one wouldn't surprise me. If Dalton is too expensive, I don't think Jarwin is the awnser

kskboys

Reaction score
Schultz is on pace for a 1,000 yards. He’s going to be paid. Probably in the 13 mil per year range. Barwin is gone and they will franchise him if they can’t get a long term deal done.
I love Schultz, but wouldn't pay him that. D still needs fixing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That's exactly what he's been doing.

Schultz is much more athletic than Jarwin. By a large margin. Jarwin is merely faster, and that's it. Schultz trumps him in every other way.
Jarwin route running is awful. his one schtick is running the seam route and he is below average otherwise. he has trouble out jumping and catching over 5'11" CBs and safties....Jarwin is way to soft

kskboys

Reaction score
Drafting one wouldn't surprise me. If Dalton is too expensive, I don't think Jarwin is the awnser
I never understood the Jarwin love. He's just such a one trick pony. I do love having him on the team in a part time role as he's a nice downfield threat, but even before this season, I couldn't comprehend those claiming he'd beat Schultz out. It really didn't look close to me after Schultz's breakout season last year.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I never understood the Jarwin love. He's just such a one trick pony. I do love having him on the team in a part time role as he's a nice downfield threat, but even before this season, I couldn't comprehend those claiming he'd beat Schultz out. It really didn't look close to me after Schultz's breakout season last year.
He is a guy that can be dangerous lined up against a LB, but he cant consistently create. Not a guy I ever see being consistent.

I kinda wish we drafted Brevin Jordan. If we cant or wont pay Shultz, I think can be a similar player

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Schultz is more of the complete TE and has done more with his opportunities than Jarwin. If I had to choose between them it would be Schultz, but financial numbers will dictate that though. Jarwin is scheduled to make 6 to 7 million a year over the next 2 seasons. It will be interesting where Schultz's numbers will be.

Hunter Henry's contract at 12.5 a year was a huge number for a good TE that got paid almost like a top tier TE. That may reset the market for those tier 2 and 3 TEs which is the range Schultz is in. If that's the starting range do you still like Schultz for twice the price of Jarwin?

Mobinvans

Reaction score
They are both just average anyway

that’s what tight ends do, they block and catch passes

quickccc

Reaction score
Better moves, smoother, much better agility.

Why would you think Jarwin is more athletic? He looks awkward out there.

Schultz gets open consistently, but doesn't create separation. Think about what you're saying, man. Have watched that slipper sucker w/ the ball? Dude has moves upon moves.

Seems you have your mind already made up what you;re gonna make of him. Just as you admitted, it's a man-crush on Schultz.

- Schultz is a better technician and has a better knack for the passing game, that does not make him more athletic or faster.
Slippery ? Haven't we also seen that with Jarwin - especially in his vs Giants days before his ACL injury ?

- Jarwin was given that contract because of what they thought of him with his ability to go vertical and hitting the deep middle seams.
As mentioned, Dalton has a great knack for finding-positioning himself in soft zone spots that have been cleared out by the attention the WRs get and
rolling to wide opening roll outs because of Dak's terrific ball handling fake action.

- Witten was a elite route-technician when it came to shoulder- hip jukes and shakes to spring separation vs tight coverage.
at his prime, he could tie knots in the feet of coverage defenders such as most LBs and safeties simply could not cover Witten one on one.

- But that's not Schultz, and you're not really eye-ball testing and studying his game, but as i said earlier, the Schultz fan mania are gonna want
to brain-convince themselves that he is indeed Witten 2.0. I guess it's so exciting to imagine so.

But that's Kool and da Gang, ,, i don't want to be that much of a party-pooper to Schultz fan mania.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I love Schultz, but wouldn't pay him that. D still needs fixing.
You wouldn’t pay but what would the Jonses boys do ? Knowing how this team values their own, I think they make a real attempt to sign him long term.