News: Bleacher Report Latest Draft Rumors: Cowboys Eyeing WR or CB at 17

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score

Look at all of those high-powered offensive NFL teams talking to WR Denzel Mims, including the Cowboys. Pretty sure they are looking at taking him somewhere in the 1st round.

Mims is my favorite WR in this draft, he's a stud. A look at his three cone drill and short shuttle was all I needed to see to solidify my thoughts on his eliteness.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Mims is my favorite WR in this draft, he's a stud. A look at his three cone drill and short shuttle was all I needed to see to solidify my thoughts on his eliteness.
Yes, sir! Mims was #1 on the 3 cone drill and short shuttle testings among all WRs at the combine.

With his size, strength, speed and quickness, he could become a force with better NFL coaching. One can tell by looking at his college tape that he was not going all out half the time, yet he consistently was beating his college competition. Imagine how much better he could become with better pro coaching that will push him to reach his full potential? ;)

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Yes, sir! Mims was #1 on the 3 cone drill and short shuttle testings among all WRs at the combine.

With his size, strength, speed and quickness, he could become a force with better NFL coaching. One can tell by looking at his college tape that he was not going all out half the time, yet he consistently was beating his college competition. Imagine how much better he could become with better pro coaching that will push him to reach his full potential? ;)

I would love Dallas to move back to the end of the first round and snatch him.

Gaede

Reaction score
I'm not going to pretend like I watched a bunch of LSU games but from everything I've read he's raw and not expected to make immediate impact as a pass rusher.

Yeah, he's raw for sure. But the speed should translate to the NFL right away and result in pressures

Gaede

Reaction score
I was at a USC practice that year when Hudson Houck followed Tyrron Smith around like a groupie. I think the Cowboys were so linked to Tyron that they either leaked bad info to someone or he was a willing patsy in hopes to throw people off the scent.

Broaddus will definitely be missed, especially for his draft insight. He was all over Zack Martin the year we drafted him as well. Jane Slater was the first one last year I remember saying the pick would be Trysten Hill.

This year is way trickier since no visits, no pro days, etc. Unless Jerry or Stephen runs their mouth, we most likely won't have a clue who the Cowboys are taking.

The other neat thing about no visits or pro days is teams are less likely to know who everyone else covets. So one, that means a lot of guessing during the draft--and probably more trades to ensure teams get the guy they want; and two, it means less group-think about where players should be drafted based on some perceived value (and teams may have very different boards). So I'd say it's possible there will be some off-the-wall picks in the first round

Adreme

Reaction score
What a basic report. Who was the source on that, common sense? Anyone could tell you that they were going to target their 2 biggest positions of need especially considering this is a WR heavy draft.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The odds of getting any of them is not good though.
Actually, I think the odds of getting any one to be reasonably good...

In the first 16 picks, you can expect 4-5 OT, 3-4 QB, 1-2 CB, 1-2 DE, 1 S/LB, 1-2 DT, 1-2 WR. Something has to give. All it takes is going a bit long on QB's and OT's (both of which are likely) and someone has to fall to the Cowboys at 17.

As others have noted, if Henderson, Kinlaw and Lamb are all gone, then a small trade down for the next level WR, CB, S is probably the safe play.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
At 17. But they may trade back who knows. That’s one thing with this draft teams may reach or make crazy moves because of the variables the world were living in. They haven’t been able to meet with any prospects or give them a drill to run.

Something tells me if Kinlaw, Henderson and the LSU DE are gone and if one of the receivers are there, it's a wrap for one of them.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Someone explain this to me. We have Gallup and just signed Amari Cooper...why do we need a wideout in the first round?

Carson

Reaction score
Someone explain this to me. We have Gallup and just signed Amari Cooper...why do we need a wideout in the first round?

We have limited talent behind those guys. No real #3 or #4. Plus we have no slot receiver.

Bryant was arrested
Smith is limited
Wilson is coming off injury
Rest of the guys are bottom of the barrel receivers.

Watch the Jets game how we operated without Cooper, a hurt Gallup and no Cobb (Slot WR).

A guy like Jeudy, Lamb or Ruggs gives us elite talent at 1-3 receivers. This draft is deep with receivers so first round isn’t a must. But I’m going BPA and avoiding a Taco situation

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Im just saying i wouldn't be shocked if hes the pick. I mean, byron was a first rounder lol. His combine wasnt that much better then terrell but terrell game tape was that much better than byron

I’m not arguing the point Terrell should be in the 1st round discussion, but Byron Jones’ combine was waaaay better than Terrell’s.