News: Bleacher Report Latest Draft Rumors: Cowboys Eyeing WR or CB at 17

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think all the tea leaves seem to indicate we will be going corner early (and possibly double dipping).

46-D8-DBE7-FF36-451-F-BE2-B-BD50-BF5-EC149.jpg

DFWJC

Reaction score
It’s still Bleacher Report. Not buying it, or it is something Leaked on purpose to throw off other teams.
It was Matt Miller writing an article for Bleacher Report
Big difference in this case.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Interesting that he said multiple teams have Tua as QB3 or QB4

Beaker42

Reaction score
Pauline said after the USC pro day that Tyron was gonna be the pick if he was there. Jason was beaming red when he worked him out. This year I don’t know who to listen too. The last two years Brian has been right on the money with LVE and Hill. This year he is not hanging out at the Star but who really knows.
I really wish he’d been wrong on Hill.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
For the Cowboys a CB makes sense. A WR with their 1st? Not so much
If it's someone like Ruggs he would likely be by far the highest rated player available and they do need a 3rd WR which is a starter in todays league. The team more than ever is going to be looking BPA I believe. McCarthy is of the philosophy that you take the best players and make your system fit the talent.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Really really hope we end up with one of Kinlaw, Henderson, or Lamb.
Kinlaw at 17 Alton Robinson DE or BPA at 51, then WR Bryan Edwards from SC...or PEOPLES JONES. We can land a corner after that.

quickccc

Reaction score
Either the rumors of a WR in 1st round with the 17th overall pick,.. could finally be an attempted smoke screen with by the Cowboys ( to avoid the likes of Phily and ATL jumping ahead of their intended picks)

..or the future plan to eventually replace the vastly overrated/overpaid Amari Cooper will be put in place, as to point to the speculated escape clause the team could exercise after 2 years should Cooper be the same disappearing act that's been so heavily scrutinized on him.

Otherwise it wouldn't make sense and its' not the most immediate way of helping this team advance, especially when we supposedly have our
starting bookend duo WRs in Cooper and Gallup.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
According to “conversations with a plugged-in scout who knows the workings of this front office.” Take from it what you want, just puttin it out there.

Ruggs and Henderson are both A++ picks

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...k-latest-2020-draft-rumors-for-every-nfl-team

Let me ask this because I don't watch college football. Is Henderson better than Diggs and Fulton?

I've looked at several top prospects list and they seem to go back and forth on which one is better. Okudah is clearly considered the best corner in the draft, but Henderson, Diggs and Fulton range anywhere from the mid-teens to lower 20s.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think MM knows exactly what player he wants right now. I think he already has it narrowed down to say 3 guys...all of which he considers exceptional. I doubt seriously any of them are a wr at 17. I love this years wr crop..I have a few pet cats I want after round 2. The Liberty WR Golden. He is a Dez Bryant type guy with better hands. Great steal in round 3. Peoples Jones from Michigan. He is smooth as silk, uncoverable. Lastly, my favorite wr, Bryan Edwards from SC. He can hurt you anywhere . He can line up in the slot or on the outside. His size,speed, fluidity and hands are off the charts. Another steal in round 3. I wouldn't be mad if we grabbed him at 51...but with all the defensive needs we have, I doubt we will that high.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s still Bleacher Report. Not buying it, or it is something Leaked on purpose to throw off other teams.
BR is not false news its no different then anywhere else because Media even sports media is full of opinions and predictions and none really based on fact other then a teams current needs going into a draft and such..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think MM knows exactly what player he wants right now. I think he already has it narrowed down to say 3 guys...all of which he considers exceptional. I doubt seriously any of them are a wr at 17. I love this years wr crop..I have a few pet cats I want after round 2. The Liberty WR Golden. He is a Dez Bryant type guy with better hands. Great steal in round 3. Peoples Jones from Michigan. He is smooth as silk, uncoverable. Lastly, my favorite wr, Bryan Edwards from SC. He can hurt you anywhere . He can line up in the slot or on the outside. His size,speed, fluidity and hands are off the charts. Another steal in round 3. I wouldn't be mad if we grabbed him at 51...but with all the defensive needs we have, I doubt we will that high.
true its why a deep WR class means you can get a great one in the 2nd or third round..

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Terrell is better than Diggs and Fulton. Diggs is trash and I dont get why people even bring him up to be honest.
Let me ask this because I don't watch college football. Is Henderson better than Diggs and Fulton?

I've looked at several top prospects list and they seem to go back and forth on which one is better. Okudah is clearly considered the best corner in the draft, but Henderson, Diggs and Fulton range anywhere from the mid-teens to lower 20s.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Henderson is considered the closest to Okudah. Henderson's main negative is against the run. Fulton would be considered the #3 guy. Diggs is kind of a "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" he is a little bit raw and is more of a zone player which is his strength. Terrell not mentioned is kind of a sleeper type that doesn't get mentioned that many teams probably hope to get in the 2nd round.