Bleaker Times Are Ahead

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
1. The Mike Zimmer hire is worrisome. I firmly believe that Zimmer will now be our next head coach and that can’t have anyone excited. He fits everything Jerry looks for in a head coach AND he’s a Jerry guy.

2. The attitudes of our “stars” don’t instill confidence. Micah goes out of his way to praise opponents and throw teammates under the bus while CeeDee is talking about “millions and TDs” instead of winning.

3. We’re going to be 3 huge contracts and bargain bin everything else. Dak, Micah, and CeeDee are all going to get so much money and take up so much space that it’s going to take getting lucky and hitting on draft picks and cheap FA vets that over perform. Does anyone have faith that we have the leadership to hit on everything? I don’t.

4. The “all in” talk is BS. It was only said to keep interest after the embarrassing end of the season. It will be business as usual this offseason and everyone knows it.

5. Drama abound in the locker room. Players and family members calling each other out and throwing each other under the bus. They can pretend everything is all hunky dory but it’s not. Thats obvious. I expect this to just get worse if things aren’t going well on the field.

6. A lame duck head coach that just watched his replacement get hired can’t be good for the vibe. McCarthy is probably just as shocked as anyone that he’s still the coach right now, but he knows this is it. I feel like this will be nothing more than a going through the motions type of season for him. Thats exciting, huh?

Does anyone honestly look at the next 5 or so years for the Cowboys and see success?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Man why are you still here? The team is doomed for the next 4-5 years if we believe you. I agree we are facing some serious challenges but things are nowhere close to being as bad as your threads/posts want us to believe. I want a Super Bowl just as bad, hell, we all do, but like Bob Haze just pointed out in another thread, it takes sooo much more than JUST a good/elite QB.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Yah. The FO has — as usual— taken a bad situation and made it worse.

He screwed the team when he kept MM as a HC

He screwed MM as a HC when he made him a lame duck

He screwed the future when he paid Dak a bajillion dollars

And he has screwed the culture up by maintaining the status quo at GM despite 28 failures in a row.

Bleaker times ahead? Things have been bleak for a long time my friend. We are nearing an epic meltdown.

Should we struggle early next year, I think the wheels come off. Locker room issues, intense media hate, a mid season firing… gonna be awesome

And with Dak’s gimungous new extension sure to be signed, Jerry will have screwed us for at least another 4-5 years

bottleKids

Reaction score
Man why are you still here? The team is doomed for the next 4-5 years if we believe you. I agree we are facing some serious challenges but things are nowhere close to being as bad as your threads/posts want us to believe. I want a Super Bowl just as bad, hell, we all do, but like Bob Haze just pointed out in another thread, it takes sooo much more than JUST a good/elite QB.
Hi opinion is valid. If we start 2-6 next year (hypothetically) would you still loo at him and ask him why he is still here? Bottom line is Jerry has this team totally messed up, and its been decades (thats right DECADES) since we sniffed a NFCG, but you think there is hope currently? Hope will come when Jerry doesn't own this team.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
1. The Mike Zimmer hire is worrisome. I firmly believe that Zimmer will now be our next head coach and that can’t have anyone excited. He fits everything Jerry looks for in a head coach AND he’s a Jerry guy.

2. The attitudes of our “stars” don’t instill confidence. Micah goes out of his way to praise opponents and throw teammates under the bus while CeeDee is talking about “millions and TDs” instead of winning.

3. We’re going to be 3 huge contracts and bargain bin everything else. Dak, Micah, and CeeDee are all going to get so much money and take up so much space that it’s going to take getting lucky and hitting on draft picks and cheap FA vets that over perform. Does anyone have faith that we have the leadership to hit on everything? I don’t.

4. The “all in” talk is BS. It was only said to keep interest after the embarrassing end of the season. It will be business as usual this offseason and everyone knows it.

5. Drama abound in the locker room. Players and family members calling each other out and throwing each other under the bus. They can pretend everything is all hunky dory but it’s not. Thats obvious. I expect this to just get worse if things aren’t going well on the field.

6. A lame duck head coach that just watched his replacement get hired can’t be good for the vibe. McCarthy is probably just as shocked as anyone that he’s still the coach right now, but he knows this is it. I feel like this will be nothing more than a going through the motions type of season for him. Thats exciting, huh?

Does anyone honestly look at the next 5 or so years for the Cowboys and see success?
No matter what the fans will still be there buying and buying like Mark Twain said: It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Hi opinion is valid. If we start 2-6 next year (hypothetically) would you still loo at him and ask him why he is still here? Bottom line is Jerry has this team totally messed up, and its been decades (thats right DECADES) since we sniffed a NFCG, but you think there is hope currently? Hope will come when Jerry doesn't own this team.
And Jerry or his offspring will own this team after we're dead so 12 and 5 making the playoffs that's as Good as it gets.
We will do enough to stay relevant and make Jerry money.
But we won't do the things to get to the super bowl we won't be active in free agency to the point where it makes a difference we won't make a big splash at the trade deadline we will continue to tolerate Jerry's gambling fix with the second round of the draft garnering injured players mental midgets and other players that we just don't need like tight ends.

Jerry and his offspring will make money the team will be relevant and we will never win another super bowl while we are above ground.

plymkr

Reaction score
I don’t see it being any bleaker than 27 years of no Super Bowls and only 2 WC wins. The only hope is a miracle. A miracle of some player exploding onto the scene, or a miracle our players can raise their priorities, or the biggest miracle is our players can play through the dysfunctional organization and win.

I still believe in miracles but I’m not counting on it. Anything can happen but I’m preparing for the same old.

Swagger

Reaction score

Only positive and huge slice of luck is how weak the NFC is compared to the AFC. The Cowboys will continue to make the play offs by default due to individual brilliance of Lamb/Parsons during the regular season unless one suffers a long term injury. But as we have seen over the past 8 years with this team, they get exposed once the lack of depth to the roster and quality at the QB position are exposed by the better teams. Rinse and repeat.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
This will be another "lost" season, and I've already come to terms with that reality. Every indicator that we've seen points to that. Jerry even went and got one of his guys, in case Mike's stay here is shorter than anticipated and he's shown the door like Wade.

I can't remember a team this unlikeable in all my years. Just a team of rock stars, entrepreneurs, and celebrities that have never won a damn thing. It would be really cool to fail at my career over and over again and be rewarded for it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Things could always be worse.

We could have had a two month meltdown like the Eagles did.

We could have tons of in-fighting like the Eagles do.

We could have fired both our offensive and defensive coordinators like the Eagles did.

We could have players wanting huge contracts now seeking a trade like the Eagles do.

Things could be worse. Like the Eagles.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This will be another "lost" season, and I've already come to terms with that reality. Every indicator that we've seen points to that. Jerry even went and got one of his guys, in case Mike's stay here is shorter than anticipated and he's shown the door like Wade.

I can't remember a team this unlikeable in all my years. Just a team of rock stars, entrepreneurs, and celebrities that have never won a damn thing. It would be really cool to fail at my career over and over again and be rewarded for it.
Failing upwards is the Cowboys way.

Thats the culture now.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Things could always be worse.

We could have had a two month meltdown like the Eagles did.

We could have tons of in-fighting like the Eagles do.

We could have fired both our offensive and defensive coordinators like the Eagles did.

We could have players wanting huge contracts now seeking a trade like the Eagles do.

Things could be worse. Like the Eagles.
Like the Eagles? The team that’s won a Super Bowl and been to another in the past 7 years?

They know what they’re doing and whatever situation they’re in right now won’t last for 30 more years like the streak the Cowboys are currently on.

Mannix

Reaction score

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Top Shelf Young Man

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't know that it is all that bleak, but I understand why fans feel this way - and probably should. The Packers loss was a shock to the system. Nothing Jerry says or does will change that feeling we all have that this teams spins its wheels and claims to be going full speed ahead.

The will have to win something before we will have the level of faith in this team we had before the GB game. I am okay with that.

But I am not packing it in until I see the off-season play out. I thought last year the Cowboys would go 9-8 or something like that. They surprised me by winning 12 games. They surprised me the year before too. But perhaps I was right about this team all along. After all, we saw their weaknesses as the season progressed. We so the defense regress as the season wore on.

At this point, I think the psyche of the fans and the team has to be at an all time low. I expect next year is going to be a very down year for Dallas because they need to convince themselves they can win the big games.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Like the Eagles? The team that’s won a Super Bowl and been to another in the past 7 years?

They know what they’re doing and whatever situation they’re in right now won’t last for 30 more years like the streak the Cowboys are currently on.
In a weird way, if you squint just right, that might bring some solace to us all.

The Eagles have shown that is at least possible to completely reset and achieve success in a short period of time.

The chances of the Jones figuring out how and why to do that is next to nil, but that's where the squinting comes into play.