Bleaker Times Are Ahead

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yet the fans will still go and fill ALL the seats and buy tons of merchandise. These are the things that need to stop if this front office is ever going to change the way it operates.
That will never happen. And it is silly to think it will ever happen. Merchandise will be sold regardless. The seats are sold becasue 80% or more are from PSL's.
Jerry has his $$ regardless fans show up or not. And then the resale of those tickets happen. Even by fans from other teams. we seen that before as well.
Maybe about 10 years of some 1 or 2 win seasons. Which I know some on here want. :laugh:

bewp7

Reaction score
sorry to say but good

i really hope it all fall apart around dak and jerry

tbh i hope cowboys never win another game with dak at qb idc if it is for another 4-5 season….80 what ever year old jerry diserve to lose every game

maybe then jerry and stephen will learn they are stupid

Blackrain

Reaction score
I am younger than Jerry, so I have hope that once he has moved on things will get better.
At least there is the potential for new direction.
I'm younger than Jerry too but not near young enough to outlive Jerry's grandchildren so I have just resigned myself to the fact that I have seen all the super bowls from my Cowboys that I will see if anything good happens I'll be pleasantly surprised

fivetwos

Reaction score
Even though we get dumped in the playoffs, or don't make the playoffs when we could have (no thanks to Garrett) there used to be a little excitement going into the off-season.
We had many draft picks to improve. Had some what a solid roster to improve.

But last off-season, and even more this off-season, I have not felt that way.
There is nothing to get excited about or to look forward to. Only hope they can somehow improve. And my confidence of that has dwindled.

Maybe by some miracle things will change. I am just in a wait and see mode. Going to be a long next 30 days until FA starts.
At least in a few weeks the NFL Combine starts.
I feel just about the same, but just getting there now.

I think it’s because I know that we have seen the peak with this group and it’s downhill from here before it gets any better, and that could be a very long way off.

It’s just a bad situation/vibe overall….along with some very unlikeable ‘me first’ players following the lead of Coach Jerry.

Until they clean house, hire a proven name to run it all (don’t even know who that could possibly be), and Jerry shuts up and sits down, I’m going to have a difficult time getting excited about football from here and that’s sad.

I have no issue losing. I have a huge issue with Jerry and his kid refusing to change at all after literally decades of proven failure.

Darkhound

Reaction score
1. The Mike Zimmer hire is worrisome. I firmly believe that Zimmer will now be our next head coach and that can’t have anyone excited. He fits everything Jerry looks for in a head coach AND he’s a Jerry guy.

2. The attitudes of our “stars” don’t instill confidence. Micah goes out of his way to praise opponents and throw teammates under the bus while CeeDee is talking about “millions and TDs” instead of winning.

3. We’re going to be 3 huge contracts and bargain bin everything else. Dak, Micah, and CeeDee are all going to get so much money and take up so much space that it’s going to take getting lucky and hitting on draft picks and cheap FA vets that over perform. Does anyone have faith that we have the leadership to hit on everything? I don’t.

4. The “all in” talk is BS. It was only said to keep interest after the embarrassing end of the season. It will be business as usual this offseason and everyone knows it.

5. Drama abound in the locker room. Players and family members calling each other out and throwing each other under the bus. They can pretend everything is all hunky dory but it’s not. Thats obvious. I expect this to just get worse if things aren’t going well on the field.

6. A lame duck head coach that just watched his replacement get hired can’t be good for the vibe. McCarthy is probably just as shocked as anyone that he’s still the coach right now, but he knows this is it. I feel like this will be nothing more than a going through the motions type of season for him. Thats exciting, huh?

Does anyone honestly look at the next 5 or so years for the Cowboys and see success?
I honestly feel very sad on how many of you still dont get it.
The entire Dallas Cowboys organization is rotten to the core.
As long as the JONES family runs this circus, nothing, and I REPEAT, nothing will change

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even though we get dumped in the playoffs, or don't make the playoffs when we could have (no thanks to Garrett) there used to be a little excitement going into the off-season.
We had many draft picks to improve. Had some what a solid roster to improve.

But last off-season, and even more this off-season, I have not felt that way.
There is nothing to get excited about or to look forward to. Only hope they can somehow improve. And my confidence of that has dwindled.

Maybe by some miracle things will change. I am just in a wait and see mode. Going to be a long next 30 days until FA starts.
At least in a few weeks the NFL Combine starts.
I share your apathy. I’m finding it hard to care at this point.

Maybe it returns as we get closer to the draft?

Maybe it returns as we get to training camp?

Maybe it returns when the season starts?

Maybe it never returns?

I can definitely say that I’m becoming less of a fanatic with each passing disappointing season.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Things could always be worse.

We could have had a two month meltdown like the Eagles did.

We could have tons of in-fighting like the Eagles do.

We could have fired both our offensive and defensive coordinators like the Eagles did.

We could have players wanting huge contracts now seeking a trade like the Eagles do.

Things could be worse. Like the Eagles.
that sounds awesome, it has to hit rock bottom before it gets better.

rambo2

Reaction score
Like the Eagles? The team that’s won a Super Bowl and been to another in the past 7 years?

They know what they’re doing and whatever situation they’re in right now won’t last for 30 more years like the streak the Cowboys are currently on.
The Eagles suck.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
The only thing that I feel SLIGHTLY better about is keeping Fat Mike. We now know that if Jerry had fired him, we'd be stuck with Zimmer as HC and Rivera as DC. But it really doesn't matter because OP is right. 2024 is a complete wash already. And the scariest thing is, we know we aren't winning a SB, but if we "hang around the rim" like Jerry needs, we ARE looking at Zimmer as HC for a couple years AT LEAST. I'm not going to wish for a tanking season, but the ONLY thing that might save the next 5 years...is a tanking season. And you know what? I'll be freaking 53 in five years. So if we are going to stink, stink so badly that it finally cuts this rot out of this team once and for all.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. The Mike Zimmer hire is worrisome. I firmly believe that Zimmer will now be our next head coach and that can’t have anyone excited. He fits everything Jerry looks for in a head coach AND he’s a Jerry guy.
People thought the same with Quinn, and with Moore before that.

5. Drama abound in the locker room. Players and family members calling each other out and throwing each other under the bus. They can pretend everything is all hunky dory but it’s not. Thats obvious. I expect this to just get worse if things aren’t going well on the field.
My bet is the drama is heavier among fans. The tabloid media exists because they can hype up drama knowing a large number of fans feed off it

Does anyone honestly look at the next 5 or so years for the Cowboys and see success?
Does anyone really look 5 years down the road thinking they can predict it? Results with NFL teams can vary year to year, and sometimes pretty significantly. 5 years is not predetermined.

That's not to say Jerry isn't an obstacle that will still be there, but that probably won't be any different the next 5 years than the past 5 years.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It might. This perpetual thinking that ‘we’re really close’ has kept the status quo mentality going for decades and has ultimately led to continued disappointment.
I'm like the fans in here, I'd be scared if we tried to get better. That's scary, I hope we stay the same and change nothing. Can you think how bad it would be if we went back to the last 29 years of crap? I can't that's Scary.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

2. The attitudes of our “stars” don’t instill confidence. Micah goes out of his way to praise opponents and throw teammates under the bus while CeeDee is talking about “millions and TDs” instead of winning.

3. We’re going to be 3 huge contracts and bargain bin everything else. Dak, Micah, and CeeDee are all going to get so much money and take up so much space that it’s going to take getting lucky and hitting on draft picks and cheap FA vets that over perform. Does anyone have faith that we have the leadership to hit on everything? I don’t.

4. The “all in” talk is BS. It was only said to keep interest after the embarrassing end of the season. It will be business as usual this offseason and everyone knows it.

6. A lame duck head coach that just watched his replacement get hired can’t be good for the vibe. McCarthy is probably just as shocked as anyone that he’s still the coach right now, but he knows this is it. I feel like this will be nothing more than a going through the motions type of season for him. Thats exciting, huh?

These "Homers" here have no idea how big the QB extension will be.
Yes, forget the Jerry talk as the above will tell the tale on and if we waste another DECADE being without glory.
Both Micah and CD will be overpaid as one is NOT an LT talent and the other is NOT a Jefferson or Chase accordingly.
I have little hope as the actions required are above our GM's abilities and after many years I will be laughing as I've cried enough!!!!
P.S. And I'm not the only one out there................