Bledsoe's Back Tightens Up?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nyc said:
What are you talking about? Who went overboard? Did you watch the game? Did I say release Bledsoe? If anyone went overboard it was you and your response to my post. Obviously something was wrong last night with Bledsoe and he SHOULD NOT have been in the game. I didn't say Parcells should have pulled him, I said he should have pulled himself.

The first (3) dropped interceptions would have been the first (3) signs. The first actually interception would have been the 4th sign. Then their were 2 more interceptions and at least one other "should have been an interception".

You my friend, are the one going overboard. Not about the Cowboys, but about your criticism of other posters. This is what we are here to do, if that bothers you... Well. ;)

Yes I watched the game that is a pretty stupid opening statement and you don't replace your starting QB at the drop of the hat. Fortunately we have a coach who is not going to panic like some of our fans do. As for me going overboard I'm not the one making claims about benching our starting QB because of 1 game. Let me ask you if we do put Romo in do we bench him as quickly as you would bench Bledsoe? This is what separates the people who do this for a living and the couch coaching fans.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Yes I watched the game that is a pretty stupid opening statement and you don't replace your starting QB at the drop of the hat. Fortunately we have a coach who is not going to panic like some of our fans do. As for me going overboard I'm not the one making claims about benching our starting QB because of 1 game. Let me ask you if we do put Romo in do we bench him as quickly as you would bench Bledsoe? This is what separates the people who do this for a living and the couch coaching fans.
Exactly why you don't do this for a living. 3 INTs with 7 possible is not a drop of the hat. I also said Bledsoe should have let Parcells know something was wrong. Obviously he wasn't right, but maybe you couldn't see that.

You're just being argumentative. :banghead: This coversation is over. Next.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree with much of what was posted. The side line throw to Jones was late and underthrown. If Bledsoe gets that out there right, Jones may score. Instead, he stops and catches it only to be tackled. A nice gain but that was a poor throw. Same with the sideline pattern to Glenn. That ball was completed but it could have been picked if the DB had gotten any decent break at all. Something was definatly wrong.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
TroyEmmittAndMichael said:
I'm just as displeased with Bledsoe's performance as anyone else here, but I'm not ready to throw the towel in on him just yet. If Romo plays, it will have to be because Bledsoe is injured or somehow morphed into a combo of QC, vinny, and hutch.

Which brings me to my point. Many of us were wondering how Bledsoe went from being so accurate in the 1st qtr to spastic the rest of the game. Spagnola blogs that Bledsoe's back may have tightened up on him. I just wanted to bring this to the attention of those who were just as befuddled as I was.

"...Bledsoe, for his part, took responsibility that time in the second quarter for missing Owens, who, you know, is rather remarkable, finishing with six catches for 80 yards and one 21-yard touchdown on a remarkable last-second adjustment on a ball thrown over the wrong shoulder after limited practice all summer. He took responsibility for leading Witten instead of "stopping" him on that pass intercepted by Mathis, and the same for missing the linebacker on the intercepted pass intended for Glenn.

But what Bledsoe wasn't saying was that there was something wrong. Give Fox analyst Troy Aikman credit for presuming Bledsoe's back had tightened up, and this in weather where nothing should have tightened up, believe me, unless cramping from dehydration. Bledsoe kept stretching his back on the sideline.

And in the second half, while on the sideline between series, Bledsoe on several occasions kept throwing in the bench area, the last time to Owens, seemingly trying to stay loose.

No one said anything afterward. But something seemed odd.

And really, you could tell. The 34-year-old quarterback seemingly was having to put a little more oomph in his throws to get them out there on the edge, along with every bit of strength to nail Glenn with that 51-yarder late in the fourth quarter to draw the Cowboys close enough to cut the deficit to seven.

When asked just before he left the locker room if his back or something had tightened up there, especially in the second half, or if something was wrong, Bledsoe, without looking up begrudgingly said, "Yeah."

Ah-ha.

But, thinking better of it, he walked off saying, "It's nothing."
Maybe it's not. But there were several curious throws in this game. For a guy who was razor sharp all through preseason, he left you wondering, didn't he, what the hell is going on out there? Hey, you don't get old in one quarter.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1&id=9B40720D-C1A1-D6E8-339C3DF263F9EA55

If he's healthy, I say play Bledsoe, but if he's not, then play Romo.

what really gets old is when bledsoe has a bad day, it's hardly EVER bledsoe - it's something else in almost every situation.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Mickey was just telling the same story on a Ticket Ranch Report, that Bledsoe admitted something was wrong with his back but then thought better of it, changed his story, and walked away. Mickey said Bledsoe was stretching on the sideline from the mid-1st quarter on, and he's never seen Bledsoe do that before. He also was throwing the ball on the sideline, which he doesn't normally do.

I definitely think there's something to it -- the back or maybe, the neck he strained against Minnesota. He looked too sharp at first to suddenly fall apart without something physical happening to him.

And like Mickey said, the one other time Drew got hurt and didn't play, he lost his job for good. So he's probably especially reluctant to admit injury.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nyc said:
Exactly why you don't do this for a living. 3 INTs with 7 possible is not a drop of the hat. I also said Bledsoe should have let Parcells know something was wrong. Obviously he wasn't right, but maybe you couldn't see that.

You're just being argumentative. :banghead: This coversation is over. Next.

Because I don't want to see my starting QB get benched? I don't consider that being argumentive, because I'm not going to panic and thankfully BP is not going to panic about 1 game. Bledsoe was asked by Christy Scales after the game about any injury Bledsoe said no he was not injured or stiff. He had a bad game nothing more.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Mickey was just telling the same story on a Ticket Ranch Report, that Bledsoe admitted something was wrong with his back but then thought better of it, changed his story, and walked away. Mickey said Bledsoe was stretching on the sideline from the mid-1st quarter on, and he's never seen Bledsoe do that before. He also was throwing the ball on the sideline, which he doesn't normally do.

I definitely think there's something to it -- the back or maybe, the neck he strained against Minnesota. He looked too sharp at first to suddenly fall apart without something physical happening to him.

And like Mickey said, the one other time Drew got hurt and didn't play, he lost his job for good. So he's probably especially reluctant to admit injury.

Forget that.

Bill, make the decision for him.

kartr

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Well his back may have been tightening up, but it was his brain that needed the massage due to all of the braincramps he had.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.:worthy2:

kartr

Reaction score
nyc said:
What are you talking about? Who went overboard? Did you watch the game? Did I say release Bledsoe? If anyone went overboard it was you and your response to my post. Obviously something was wrong last night with Bledsoe and he SHOULD NOT have been in the game. I didn't say Parcells should have pulled him, I said he should have pulled himself.

The first (3) dropped interceptions would have been the first (3) signs. The first actually interception would have been the 4th sign. Then their were 2 more interceptions and at least one other "should have been an interception".

You my friend, are the one going overboard. Not about the Cowboys, but about your criticism of other posters. This is what we are here to do, if that bothers you... Well. ;)

Bravo, Bravo, Bravo.:bow:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
Forget that.

Bill, make the decision for him.
:laugh2:

Many more like that and Bill will at least try Romo as a reliever. I really think he will.

kartr

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:

We don't have a 'true' starting qb, just a backup and a third stringer.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kartr said:
We don't have a 'true' starting qb, just a backup and a third stringer.

But it is better than anything we have had since Aikman was here. I fully expected to see you here today with your Bledsoe bashing and Drew deserves it based on his play. Should he go out next week aginst the skins and have a good game I doubt you will be around to discuss it.

Angus

Reaction score
Two things: If Parcells didn't ask Bledsoe if he felt alright, he was at fault in not pulling him if Bledsoe didn't give an "I'm alright" answer. But if Bledsoe was asked and gave a false answer, he was at fault. Parcells probably should have pulled him anyway if he could see that things were not right, but he had to expect a truthful answer from Bledsoe if asked. Just as he expected the truth from Adams about his condition before giving him the start.

JMead

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
You KNOW this? It is a Fact that we will not win more than 5 games with Romo?

How about you state an opinion as just that and not try to pass it off as a known fact. The Fact is that no one here knows anything about what will happen if we play Romo.

The only thing we know is that we cannot win if things continue as they did Sunday.

It is a fact because Romo isnt anygood. Get that through your skull.

If you expect things to keep going like Sunday then you are far more clueless than anyone gives you credit for. We are taling about Bledsoe here. A QB with a better TD / INT ratio than your beloved Troy Aikman. Wre you worries about him having bad game after bad game? If not then you have no grounds to think Bledsoe will.

JMead

Reaction score
noshame said:
Injury or not, I just can't get that second int. out of my head, he just didn't see the defender inside.

Bledsoe took the blame for that INT but that is more on Witten and him runing into a 4 man zone. He should have just sat down infront of all of them. Its not only the QBs job to read coverages but the recievers aswell.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
that is kinda true. i did find it odd he kept throwing on the sideline. I figured in the rain and humidity, wasting energy on the sideline was the last thing he would want to do.