Blitzes and screens...

Kevinicus

Reaction score
They both seemed missing today. I can remember one blitz from the Cowboys defense today (RW whiffing on Taylor in the backfield), and no screens. They do realize it's not preseason anymore right? They can use their blitz packages now.

The Jags blitzed, and their ends ran upfield enough that we should have tried a few screens here and there. Of course Bledsoe probably would have thrown it to a LB anyway.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
we didnt even run a 3-4 today. We were in a nickel package or something most of the game. We had four down lineman almost the whole game and two linebackers(james, Ayodele) behind them

jimmy40

Reaction score
ChldsPlay said:
They both seemed missing today. I can remember one blitz from the Cowboys defense today (RW whiffing on Taylor in the backfield), and no screens. They do realize it's not preseason anymore right? They can use their blitz packages now.

The Jags blitzed, and their ends ran upfield enough that we should have tried a few screens here and there. Of course Bledsoe probably would have thrown it to a LB anyway.
I thought the Jags played about as vanilla a defense as possible. Where were all those blitzes? Maybe I missed them.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
its been a long time since we were a team that really used screens or at least a long time since we used them succesfully so there was no point in even trying them.

as for blitzing, Zimmer couldnt come up with a creative blitz if his job depended on it. though luckily for him it doesnt because obviously bill has no problems with how zimmer runs the D. but yea it didnt even appear like we ran a 3-4.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ChldsPlay said:
Blitzes and screens...
They both seemed missing today.
Blame Zimmer for the blitzes and we still can't run a screen play worth a crap.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
its been a long time since we were a team that really used screens or at least a long time since we used them succesfully so there was no point in even trying them.

as for blitzing, Zimmer couldnt come up with a creative blitz if his job depended on it. though luckily for him it doesnt because obviously bill has no problems with how zimmer runs the D. but yea it didnt even appear like we ran a 3-4.

I agree about BP not having a proble with it. At anytime BP can put his 2 cents in. I remember in one of his PC's he said Zim had came up with a game plan and he told him to cut in half or something like that. Grant it was a preseason game but I have no dought it happens in the regular season too. Zim could come up with all sorts of blitz packages but BP has to ok the game plan. BP has stated before the does not like to blitz because it causes big plays. If you dont put know pressure on the QB it will cause big plays.