Blue Jerseys/White Pants Sunday

TexasBacon

Reaction score
I started watching in like 2001 so I never got to see those live, but man they look cool. They even looked cool with the 1976 red strip on the helmet.

I’d be okay with the navy blue be our color rush, but bring back the royal blues for our away/alternate.
Never. Tex Schramm only used royal blue because it looked navy on old TV's. Cowboys blue was always meant to be navy, leave the royal blue for the Giants. I don't hate using royal on the white jerseys that much but the current navy uniform with the silver pants is arguably the best uniform in all of pro sports, and at least in the NFL. Never change that.

dallasdave

Reaction score
It'll be a different look for us, no doubt. Colors notwithstanding, poor old Eli won't have his normal corps of excellent WRs to pull him out of his doldrums for this game, although I'm pretty sure that the team will really be fired up to support him and their newly installed staff members.

We'd best be ready to get some rapid-paced pressure on him in that contest if were destined to win. Here's hoping our OLs are at their best to thwart all attempts by their defense to limit our scoring. We should have a good opportunity to come away with a resounding victory, I would only hope. Here's also hoping we'll get Eli's white color rush uniform plenty dirty! ;)
TIDE

dallasdave

Reaction score
:lmao2:
giphy.gif
Discount Double Check

erod

Reaction score
Messing with the greatness of the iconic Cowboys uniforms will make it just a bit easier to quit the NFL one day for me.

Do you see the Yankees messing with their pinstripes?

garyo1954

Reaction score
A lit of teams used to do that since there was a so called curse on the blue.

Home teams get to choose their colors. Normally they choose their home colors.
The Giants home colors are blue.
So the Giants choose to wear home colors, we wear white.

And since white is our home colors, we get to wear white at home.

That's why Cowboys always seem to wear white.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Messing with the greatness of the iconic Cowboys uniforms will make it just a bit easier to quit the NFL one day for me.

The Yankees aren't winning anything either. Ha!

Reactions: AJC

TexasBacon

Reaction score

If you let a team's uniform selection influence your love of football then maybe it's time to go ahead and go. It's nice to see something different. Even the Yankees wear alternates every once and a while. The "iconic" white uniforms don't even represent what Tex Schramm originally intended; we've just been wearing the green pants and royal blue for so long it's now "tradition". Besides, it's not like the Cowboys are doing something lame like all black when black isn't even a team color. Every uniform we've ever had has been great, minus the green pants and mis-matched blues.

erod

Reaction score
If you let a team's uniform selection influence your love of football then maybe it's time to go ahead and go. It's nice to see something different. Even the Yankees wear alternates every once and a while. The "iconic" white uniforms don't even represent what Tex Schramm originally intended; we've just been wearing the green pants and royal blue for so long it's now "tradition". Besides, it's not like the Cowboys are doing something lame like all black when black isn't even a team color. Every uniform we've ever had has been great, minus the green pants and mis-matched blues.
The uniforms are the only thing left from the greatness, class, and success of this once proud franchise.

Lose those, and you have the Dallas Browns.

CCBoy

Reaction score
When the Cowboys take the field at Met Life Stadium against the Giants on Sunday at noon central, for the first time in team history the Cowboys will wear blue jerseys with white pants.

The color of uniforms for each game are determined by the home team. The Giants will wear their all-white Color Rush uniforms this weekend. The Cowboys do not have an all-blue set of Color Rush. But they do have their navy jerseys (PMS 289 C) which are normally worn with silver pants (Metallic Silver PMS 8180 C). But for Sunday’s game, they will wear the white pants they wore in Week 13’s Color Rush game.

Why the switch to the white pants?

Because the team’s merchandising department thinks it will look great, and because the blue jerseys/white pants are something players have mentioned in the past that they would like to wear. Guys like Dez Bryant have lobbied Cowboys’ equipment director Mike McCord for the blue/white combination over the years

http://www.5pointsblue.com/breaking-news-cowboys-wearing-new-uniform-color-combination-sunday/